What are good games to broadcast/record/upload

Marsh2907

Freedom! Member
Dec 3, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
It's really hard to say tbh. Games rise and fall in popularity all the time. Usually seeing what some of the big YouTubers are recording could help.

D

Deleted member 29894

It's really hard to decide like no one really knows what games are gonna do good just gotta look at youtube and then either upload what you want or upload what people want :)

JonathanIsBadAtGames

Freedom! Member
I don't think the key is what you record, I think it's how you present it and what you're presenting. That's why there are so many Minecraft YouTubers, but so few of them are highly popular (by comparison).

Videogamedunkey and gbay99 are both popular YouTubers (mostly) known for League of Legends content, but were both able to find success by having different styles of videos. Dunkey, for the most part, recorded post commentary for the sake of humor and never took himself too seriously. Gbay, on the other hand, is known for being able to discuss various topics at length over the course of the games that he's played, which made for videos that were interesting to watch for the duality of watching the key gameplay moments and listening to his thoughts, which sounded relatively consistent.

So the best advice, I think, if you're going to pick one game to go with, would be one that has a large following that you can use to get people watching while also offering them something new to watch.

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Its best to pick somthing you love playing and make some sort of series or set of videos with it, like people have already mentioned trends come and go so your better off playing somthing you love because if it doesnt work out in the end atleast u didnt waste your time. If u played somthing you didnt like the whole time and it failed then you would feel all that time was completely wasted and you gained nothing. Dont over think it either. Try to make a list of 5 games and then work out which ones your more likely to have ideas for and then try it out.

Reactions: mahastagram

nologic

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 25, 2014
Sweden
YouTube
eyelogix
Something new probably recently been released. Find a format that suits you and the type of game you are playing.
Enjoy don't put up some fake positivity ********. (I hate it)

Whatever you do, don't start with reaction videos those are the lamest, dullest crap. It feels like most of them are faking it.Just recently saw a reaction video when Ysera died. Yup, it felt fake from a mile away since Legion has been out for a while now.
Don't give up work hard and strive for it. Views, subs or w/e doesn't come easy unless you are a girl/boobie streamer.

Door

New User
Feb 6, 2017
I see a lot of people saying "go with what the big youtubers are doing" but I think the opposite can also work. Say you're going for a small game that is kind of new and not really known. You can make a video on it, doesn't matter what it is, and since there are no big youtubers who played it, you cna get found easier by the people who type in the title of the game in the search bar. If you play a game that a lot of big youtubers play, your video will end up somewhere in the 500th page. Playing a small, fairly new or even old game, people who want to buy/play it might find your video whilst looking for a recension or just looking to see if they'll enjoy the game.

Also, I'd say do what you enjoy the most too. That way, your content will be the best you can give and you'll attract more people. Nobody likes to watch someone who doesn't like a game play it, except maybe if you're being a critic & you're reviewing a game.

Odenrein

Freedom! Member
Feb 20, 2017
YouTube
A good game for streaming is Ark Survival Evolved as there is so much you can do in it otherwise just play games you like :)