What am I Doing Wrong?

Splurge

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 3, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
SplurgeGames
I have been doing my channel SplurgeGames for almost 2 years and have received 300 subscribers and about 14k views whereas other channels that do it for this long at least have 1000 subscribers by now so what am i doing wrong?

have you got any feedback or tips?

majkxter x

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2016
YouTube
Well many people use many other ways of promoting their channels. Some people buy subs and views, some people use social media for that. But people who use only hard work in making videos their channel grows slower but at least you get some nice fans. Good luck and keep a hard work. :)

Reactions: russd3x and Splurge

usmlonewolf

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 24, 2013
I have learned that not promoting your channel is a long road. I do more twitch now but since I started promoting my youtube on my twitch channel I have seen more activity. Youtube has so many videos out there you may need to promote yourself somehow, ether by collaborating with other youtubers, using forums, or like I do I use my livestream. But without promoting you are like a needle in a haystack. Just don't give up no matter how much you feel like it.

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
I have learned that not promoting your channel is a long road. I do more twitch now but since I started promoting my youtube on my twitch channel I have seen more activity. Youtube has so many videos out there you may need to promote yourself somehow, ether by collaborating with other youtubers, using forums, or like I do I use my livestream. But without promoting you are like a needle in a haystack. Just don't give up no matter how much you feel like it.

Yeah promoting is where it's at.... as soon as I forget to post my vids on social media every day my views seem to drop!

FeelingsToontown

Formerly FeelingsToontown
Freedom! Member
Sep 7, 2014
Indiana
YouTube
So many variables... Games that you play, is there a view base for that game, is your view retention good....

There's NO set base for how fast your channel should go. Don't base it off of other people.

MrBLaVigne

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 13, 2014
www.youtube.com
YouTube
In your About section, you have, "I play a range of games from Dota 2 mainly to Team Fortress 2 and even a bit of Minecraft" and as I scroll through your videos, I see a lot of Minecraft Skyblock Survival.

Now, there's nothing wrong with that but I've also noticed that some of your non-gaming videos do better than your gaming videos. So, I would look into your analytics and see what videos do better, and do more of them.

Good luck in the future!

Triage 3

Rising User
Feb 3, 2016
Virginia
YouTube
Dont worry about the "slow" growth of your channel. We at Triage 3 have been around for a few months now and we got our first 20 subs in the first month. we were stuck at 23 the the entirety of January. we just got to 24 yesterday. This doesnt upset us every new sub brings us joy because that just means that there is one more person out there who is enjoying the content that we love to produce. That means the world to us. Just keep doing what you want your channels content to be. Promote yourself how you want to. And above all else have fun with it. there are people out there for your content so keep going.