Status
Not open for further replies.

Collision

Rising User
Jan 26, 2016
Tunisia
YouTube
TN_Collision
I have found out that my channel was unlinked from Freedom! and done what I can do most before messaging the support team, but there are a few things I would like to know about (that I've also messaged the team about) so I can take the decision as soon as possible.
I don't know if I will receive my earnings for March and February months in time, whether my channel will be re-linked to Freedom!, any other MCN or not.
I found out that my videos are all un-monetized, does this mean that views and ad clicks won't count anymore or will they get back and merge with my April's earning once I manage to re-link my channel to Freedom! or any other MCN?
I have also checked a few days ago my revenue report on YouTube and found out my April earning (without applying the share revenue) has already a big different from the last registered earning (of March), due to a viral video that I have currently, I wonder if that count will also get back once I manage to re-link my channel to Freedom! or any other MCN.
Thanks.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Typically as long as your channel wasn't terminated for a breach of terms of service or other offence (such as copyright) then Freedom would still pay revenue that you earned whilst with the Network. However this can be taken on a case by case basis and it might be best to shoot our support team a further email about this, just to get a clarification about this. If your videos are unmoenitised then any views / clicks or impressions that you get during this time won't add revenue to your channel - if you did monetise these then as long as you have a linked adsense account (which of course you do) then they will start being counted.

Trying not to confuse the situation even more whilst your still waiting to rejoin Freedom any revenue earned when your not in the partnership will be earned under adsense and be paid out in line with their terms - however if you manage to rejoin and fully partner again within this month then revenue from the day you rejoin will be counted and paid out by Freedom. Personally I'm not sure if this will be paid separately to your previous earnings or merged.

As for the difference in monthly earnings, between March and April this could be due to a change in the rate of CPM, as advertisers can raise or lower this during the year, and as you said isn't taking into account of the revenue share with Freedom.

Upvote 0

Collision

Rising User
Jan 26, 2016
Tunisia
YouTube
TN_Collision
If your videos are unmoenitised then any views / clicks or impressions that you get during this time won't add revenue to your channel
How do I save the views/clicks to be monetized and added into my earning once I have my channel linked back or something?

if you did monetise these then as long as you have a linked adsense account (which of course you do) then they will start being counted.
any revenue earned when your not in the partnership will be earned under adsense and be paid out in line with their terms
From YouTube Status and Features page, it says I'm eligible for monetization but not enabled. From YouTube Monetization page, it says "Your MCN no longer has access to your account. To run ads and earn money, you’ll need to set up AdSense.". I'm confused?

As for the difference in monthly earnings, between March and April this could be due to a change in the rate of CPM
I was just pointing out that I had a lot of monetized views/clicks ever since the beginning of this month that wasn't counted yet in Freedom! dashboard yet and now have disappeared from YouTube revenue, and I don't wanna lose that.

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
How do I save the views/clicks to be monetized and added into my earning once I have my channel linked back or something?
From YouTube Status and Features page, it says I'm eligible for monetization but not enabled. From YouTube Monetization page, it says "Your MCN no longer has access to your account. To run ads and earn money, you’ll need to set up AdSense.". I'm confused?
I was just pointing out that I had a lot of monetized views/clicks ever since the beginning of this month that wasn't counted yet in Freedom! dashboard yet and now have disappeared from YouTube revenue, and I don't wanna lose that.
A lot of things covered there and I shall cover them as follows
1) Regarding the views / clicks they can't be saved if you have an active monetisation and linked adsense account, while you are not part of a MCN or network then Adsense will take over the revenue and payment side of things. As a network can only pay you for views / revenue earned whilst being part of said Network - that's also why your YouTube earnings report shows zero after joining a Network
2) So it would appear that you haven't linked an adsense account - while your channel is eligible and in good standing you would need to create and apply for an adsense account. This can easily be done via - https://www.google.co.uk/adsense/start/#/?modal_active=none
This normally takes around a few days to be processed but after that time you should be able to place ads on your videos and then the earnings from these will be saved by adsense
3) Sorry I clearly misunderstood what you were trying to say. Freedom will pay out any revenue that you earn whilst part of the Network, and this is updated on a delay, as long as those extra views were gained whilst your were still part of the Freedom Network then they will still be counted so there is no need to worry about that.

Upvote 0

Collision

Rising User
Jan 26, 2016
Tunisia
YouTube
TN_Collision
Thank you, hope the support team will answer soon.[DOUBLEPOST=1492460919][/DOUBLEPOST]
while your channel is eligible and in good standing you would need to create and apply for an adsense account. This can easily be done via - https://www.google.co.uk/adsense/start/#/?modal_active=none

The instructions have actually redirected me to join the YouTube Partner Program as I don't have a website. Is that the right step as well?[DOUBLEPOST=1492461253][/DOUBLEPOST]So in case my AdSense account was created, will this let me still able to re-link my channel to Freedom! or any other MCN?[DOUBLEPOST=1492491384][/DOUBLEPOST]Will there be any compensations for the un-monetized views/clicks that didn't count for me, in case my channel unlinking was really by a mistake? I still don't have an AdSense account, this is almost taking 24 hours, and I don't really want to lose my earning because of a potentially simple algorithmic mistake.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Thank you, hope the support team will answer soon.[DOUBLEPOST=1492460919][/DOUBLEPOST]

The instructions have actually redirected me to join the YouTube Partner Program as I don't have a website. Is that the right step as well?[DOUBLEPOST=1492461253][/DOUBLEPOST]So in case my AdSense account was created, will this let me still able to re-link my channel to Freedom! or any other MCN?[DOUBLEPOST=1492491384][/DOUBLEPOST]Will there be any compensations for the un-monetized views/clicks that didn't count for me, in case my channel unlinking was really by a mistake? I still don't have an AdSense account, this is almost taking 24 hours, and I don't really want to lose my earning because of a potentially simple algorithmic mistake.
Sorry for the delay in reply, somehow I didn't see the alert for the thread until a few minutes ago (the joys of getting alert for so many threads). Not sure what stage your application to rejoin Freedom is in so thought I would check back with you.
The adsense account normally takes a few days to be processed, when I did mine it took around 72 hours for me to get a confirmation. As for the views / click you would get whilst being outside of the network, as far as I know there is no compensation for this as at that time you aren't part of the network. Freedom can only pay revenue or earnings when a channel is linked, hence why YouTube analytics reset when you join a network, I'm sorry if you do loose out on any potential revenue during this time, but by having a linked adsense account if it ever happens in the future (which touch wood it doesn't) you won't have any days of potentially missed revenue.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.