IvyPlayGamez

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2016
Somewhere in Europe
YouTube
IvyMitsuno
Well, I dunno what to say or what was up her a**
but dealing with people like this i just wish all the bad things I do not wish to people.
But be honest with me...was there any reason to call me or the group repulsive?...much more her actitude, I deal with 9k members and almost 10k
that'sa lot of people, i love the group and I love helping people, but I can't and I won't help people like this...

did I declined wonderful work?
YES, I declined work of people I love because it was in the wrong folder, did that hurt, yes it did, but rules are rules, if you don't like them read before joining and complaining after...

This is something I have seen this days arround the forum as well...wich is sad really, instead of helping, you are just making ppl feel bad when they are trying to do their best

Attachments

• ....png
    ....png
    56.1 KB · Views: 12

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I'm not defending them or making excuses but I think the reply could have been a little better, as you could easily misinterpret the response almost inferring their work isn't important. I'm sure this wasn't how this was meant to come across, and after re-reading it in the context I can certainly see this wasn't intended but its so easy to misinterpret written messages.

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
zeke is right with that your response was a tad to cold, yes you can forget what you make but saying it like you did makes people feel like you dont care ata ll, that said that response to your reaction wasnt the best either she should have asked if you didnt care to see if she misinterpreted what you said

IvyPlayGamez

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2016
Somewhere in Europe
YouTube
IvyMitsuno
I'm not defending them or making excuses but I think the reply could have been a little better, as you could easily misinterpret the response almost inferring their work isn't important. I'm sure this wasn't how this was meant to come across, and after re-reading it in the context I can certainly see this wasn't intended but its so easy to misinterpret written messages.

honestly I had worse then this, but i did say sorry and "please do understand"
so i have no idea why was seh claiming my "bad work" and that I hated the group[DOUBLEPOST=1512749661][/DOUBLEPOST]
zeke is right with that your response was a tad to cold, yes you can forget what you make but saying it like you did makes people feel like you dont care ata ll, that said that response to your reaction wasnt the best either she should have asked if you didnt care to see if she misinterpreted what you said

i replied like this tho others before and they did not react like that, but oh well, honestly they should read the rules or at least take a good look before posting, I at least do that, but what evves xD

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
Having worked at customer service previously, I have to say that with that kind of a reply, while not everyone, but some people will absolutely find problems. Some people would nitpick at smallest things, let alone this kind of reply. While I do understand you as well, but this is kind of an annoying situation, you either have to decide to stay yourself and ignore people who like to complain and argue, or you have to change your replies to kind of "business professional" style so that those people cant find any arguments with you.

Really dealing with people can sometimes be the most difficult thing in life...

IvyPlayGamez

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2016
Somewhere in Europe
YouTube
IvyMitsuno
Having worked at customer service previously, I have to say that with that kind of a reply, while not everyone, but some people will absolutely find problems. Some people would nitpick at smallest things, let alone this kind of reply. While I do understand you as well, but this is kind of an annoying situation, you either have to decide to stay yourself and ignore people who like to complain and argue, or you have to change your replies to kind of "business professional" style so that those people cant find any arguments with you.

Really dealing with people can sometimes be the most difficult thing in life...
I ignores, such as I didn't reply back, she could at least say "I'm sorry but i don't like the way you talk" at least that OR be a smart person and say "why my deviation "link" was declined, I have 14 year old members that do that....
Honestly check the rules before joining
I aso had a member before that complained about the same thing but she linked me the work, i told her she needed to improve, she called me names and said she was a pro, she wasn't at all...., she even called her friends that she draws ever since she could pick up a pencil, in this case she was 18 ajnd drew for 15
she didn't improve, and my THAT logic I draw for 20+ years.
I rather have 1k members that know the rules etc, then having 10k and ppl like that

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
People are like that... You would not believe how many grown adults are being completely unreasonable when they contact customer service, this is the same, some people just don't care about anything other than their own opinion.

GLP Matty

CEO and Founder of Illuminati
Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
I feel like the reply was a little aggressive. I understand its frustrating when people don't realise they've done something stupid but when I was in the writing industry for two years I learnt people are f***ing stupid and you've just got to put on that professional attitude that lawyers and such have to have. Otherwise, it can ruin potential opportunities.

I myself would have said; "I'm sorry your work didn't get in but unfortunately we had to decline it as you did not follow the procedure we asked you to follow in order to submit your work. This does not reflect on the work itself but we need participants to follow the rules. Thanks for taking the time to submit."

I once had to deny an old friend the opportunity to be in an anthology me and some other writers were doing. He sometimes wrote little stories and thought he'd be good enough to have them published but they lacked any kind of structure or narrative. It's hard to do I know but when you respond calmy it makes them look like the idiot when they respond back aggressively.