Weekly Discussion (Spoilers) | Mass hatred gone? / Suicide Squad / Is eSports taking over?

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Hey Freedom Family!
I want to start a Mega-Discussion, each week, I will pick a few topics to highlight in the Weekly Discussion. I will express my views and let the Freedom Family have theirs.

As this is the first week of me doing this, there is nobody to feature for the best comments or opinions, but maybe next week..

Topic #1 - Has the mass hatred for Infinite Warfare ceased?

You may of heard that Infinite Warfare are bringing their own take on the Zombies franchise. If you are new to Call of Duty, Treyarch, the developer of World at War and the Black Ops series first released the Zombie Co-Op mode as a small joke after completing the campaign, but was in shock when the community went "mad" and wanted more. We have had Sledgehammer Games have their take with Exo Zombies, but now we have Infinity Ward.

Following the release of the trailer, many have changed their opinion, and hype has finally arrived for the heavy disliked game of all time, on YouTube. Nearly everyone had their head down when Infinite Warfare was first announced, and everyone lost hope.

Are you one that thinks that CoD is still lost? Or do you believe they might survive, and fight another year? Leave your opinions down below quoting the Topic Question.

Topic #2 - Who enjoyed Suicide Squad?

Once one person mentioned it, you are never going to stop hearing about it, well not right now you won't.
You all should have heard about this heck of a movie, Suicide Squad, it has been out for 2 weeks. So I went to watch it on the first day of its release in the UK and I thoroughly enjoyed it, I decided to go with a few mates and have some fun. I personally think that it did not have as much action as I expected, but a whole lot of a*se. Not trying to be rude but that camera man definitely looked for the best shots..

Have you seen Suicide Squad? If so, did you enjoy the film? But if you are one that hasn't, why haven't you? Leave your opinions down below quoting the Topic Question.

Topic #3 - eSports is going WILD!

If you are a gamer, you probably have heard about some eSport events, or competitive events. If it be The International 2016, or MLG Orlando, or even the ESL One Cologne 2016, many will say that the audience, the competitors and the prize pools are all increasing at a dramatic rate.

I started watching the Dota 2 championship last week, and the prize pool hit records high, with over $20 Million at stake, with the winning team taking home $9 Million. Instant millionaires for the wonderful winners. It was amazing. These tournaments are putting the current sporting events at risk, as more and more people game, watch these tournaments, compete and contribute to the prize pools, there is no wonder why we are seeing some professional football teams signing an official competitive team for these tournaments.

Will eSports become the new sports? Is Gaming going to be the death of these traditional sports? Will this growth ever stop? Leave your opinions down below quoting the Topic Question.

That will be it for the Weekly Discussion for the 18th August 2016, Do you have any topics that should be featured on the next discussion? Leave them in the comments below as well.
All opinions will be appreciated, and I will try to respond to all of them as soon as I can.

If any of your comments or opinions really appeal to me and/or make me laugh, I might feature you in the next discussion. Until then, stay friendly on the forums!

Last edited:

Zzeddd

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2016
scotland
YouTube
Hey Freedom Family!
I want to start a Mega-Discussion, each week, I will pick a few topics to highlight in the Weekly Discussion. I will express my views and let the Freedom Family have theirs.

As this is the first week of me doing this, there is nobody to feature for the best comments or opinions, but maybe next week..

Topic #1 - Has the mass hatred for Infinite Warfare ceased?

You may of heard that Infinite Warfare are bringing their own take on the Zombies franchise. If you are new to Call of Duty, Treyarch, the developer of World at War and the Black Ops series first released the Zombie Co-Op mode as a small joke after completing the campaign, but was in shock when the community went "mad" and wanted more. We have had Sledgehammer Games have their take with Exo Zombies, but now we have Infinity Ward.

Following the release of the trailer, many have changed their opinion, and hype has finally arrived for the heavy disliked game of all time, on YouTube. Nearly everyone had their head down when Infinite Warfare was first announced, and everyone lost hope.

Are you one that thinks that CoD is still lost? Or do you believe they might survive, and fight another year? Leave your opinions down below quoting the Topic Question.

Topic #2 - Who enjoyed Suicide Squad?

Once one person mentioned it, you are never going to stop hearing about it, well not right now you won't.
You all should have heard about this heck of a movie, Suicide Squad, it has been out for 2 weeks. So I went to watch it on the first day of its release in the UK and I thoroughly enjoyed it, I decided to go with a few mates and have some fun. I personally think that it did not have as much action as I expected, but a whole lot of a*se. Not trying to be rude but that camera man definitely looked for the best shots..

Have you seen Suicide Squad? If so, did you enjoy the film? But if you are one that hasn't, why haven't you? Leave your opinions down below quoting the Topic Question.

Topic #3 - eSports is going WILD!

If you are a gamer, you probably have heard about some eSport events, or competitive events. If it be The International 2016, or MLG Orlando, or even the ESL One Cologne 2016, many will say that the audience, the competitors and the prize pools are all increasing at a dramatic rate.

I started watching the Dota 2 championship last week, and the prize pool hit records high, with over $20 Million at stake, with the winning team taking home $9 Million. Instant millionaires for the wonderful winners. It was amazing. These tournaments are putting the current sporting events at risk, as more and more people game, watch these tournaments, compete and contribute to the prize pools, no wonder why we are seeing some professional football teams signing an official competitive team for these tournaments.

Will eSports become the new sports? Is Gaming going to be the death of these traditional sports? Will this growth ever stop? Leave your opinions down below quoting the Topic Question.

That will be it for the Weekly Discussion for the 18th August 2016, Do you have any topics that should be featured on the next discussion? Leave them in the comments below as well.
All opinions will be appreciated, and I will try to respond to all of them as soon as I can.

If any of your comments or opinions really appeal to me and/or make me laugh, I might feature you in the next discussion. Until then, stay friendly on the forums!

Ok this is where i shine, so on my channel i do alot of discussion streams where i do discuss this (no not advertising it just FYI) but i think there is soooo many of the base aspects of the original treyarch zombies the best by far that have been copied e.g the mystery box now being the mystery wheel, the dynamics, the boom box with explosives strapped to it etc pretty much the entire system has been re-skinned but as i have not played it as of yet i do reserve judgement but luckily i am going to be purchasing and then leaving that withing a separate comment/opinion poll or whatever i decide to do i think there needs to be a completely new system because the original belongs to treyarch and they created this master piece, i am slightly disappointed as a big zombies fan that they have just taken these core values and as i previously said slapped a new skin on over the top i meen seriously if your going to take a game mode re-create the game mode with your own plans not the prospects that will just lead it to a sudden death in which this is bound to happen as now every COD will have a different skin on the zombies game mode as sledgehammer did with exo-zombies and now infinty ward jumping on the band wagon i just seriously hope that it is good plain and simple ........

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
i am slightly disappointed as a big zombies fan that they have just taken these core values and as i previously said slapped a new skin on over the top i meen seriously if your going to take a game mode re-create the game mode with your own plans not the prospects that will just lead it to a sudden death in which this is bound to happen

From now on, each Call of Duty is a reskin. Thinking in that perspective, Did Sledgehammer Games do something right by changing the whole feel of the game, so it wasn't only a reskin? I am quite annoyed that a trademark of the Treyarch games is now stamped on every other developers game. Zombies was for Treyarch, Special Ops was for Infinity Ward. I don't know what unique mode Sledgehammer had, both of their Co-Op modes were reskins..

Reactions: Zzeddd

Zzeddd

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2016
scotland
YouTube
From now on, each Call of Duty is a reskin. Thinking in that perspective, Did Sledgehammer Games do something right by changing the whole feel of the game, so it wasn't only a reskin? I am quite annoyed that a trademark of the Treyarch games is now stamped on every other developers game. Zombies was for Treyarch, Special Ops was for Infinity Ward. I don't know what unique mode Sledgehammer had, both of their Co-Op modes were reskins..

I generally think it is because activision has seen the amount of passion there is withing the community as a whole and are trying to capitalise on that because well $$$$$ talks hence the increase on supply drops withing the games and buy-able or Pay to Win strats now but thats a different story all together, i think treyarch zombies will always be the leader withing this game mode and with the new 3 year cycle coming up i do look forward to seeing what they can come up with to further create a better mode, i just hope I.W and Sledgehammer dont kill it meentime

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
I generally think it is because activision has seen the amount of passion there is withing the community as a whole and are trying to capitalise on that because well $$$$$ talks hence the increase on supply drops withing the games and buy-able or Pay to Win strats now but thats a different story all together, i think treyarch zombies will always be the leader withing this game mode and with the new 3 year cycle coming up i do look forward to seeing what they can come up with to further create a better mode, i just hope I.W and Sledgehammer dont kill it meentime

Activision wants money, that is why Supply Drops continued, that is why the promise Treyarch made was broken.. Activision earns enough, they need to stop asking for more and focus truly on what we want.. Not what they want!
Since Cod Ghosts, everyone has said for each game that "It's dead" "RIP" but the series just continues to survive, somehow.. I hope it doesn't die, but the way they are treating it is making me move away from it.. If they go back MW3 times, I would be in heaven.

Reactions: Zzeddd

Zzeddd

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2016
scotland
YouTube
Activision wants money, that is why Supply Drops continued, that is why the promise Treyarch made was broken.. Activision earns enough, they need to stop asking for more and focus truly on what we want.. Not what they want!
Since Cod Ghosts, everyone has said for each game that "It's dead" "RIP" but the series just continues to survive, somehow.. I hope it doesn't die, but the way they are treating it is making me move away from it.. If they go back MW3 times, I would be in heaven.

All i can say i thank god treyarch have given us Map making tools and mod tools so we can continue even if these 2 company's manage to mess it up with zombies we can create our own maps yea it wont be as good but i hope it will be lol bet you activision are angry that treyarch have done that as they wont make nada from it lol FREEDOM for the people lol Mon the zombies...............

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
All i can say i thank god treyarch have given us Map making tools and mod tools so we can continue even if these 2 company's manage to mess it up with zombies we can create our own maps yea it wont be as good but i hope it will be lol bet you activision are angry that treyarch have done that as they wont make nada from it lol FREEDOM for the people lol Mon the zombies...............

I was happy when World at War had Mod Tools, now they are making it for Black Ops 3, this insures that the Zombies will stay alive, just the main part of Call of Duty will die.

GoddessGigiG

Freedom! Member
Jul 20, 2016
Brooklyn NY
YouTube
GoddessGigiGee
I'm still hating on the new COD , even more so after seeing Gameplay footage from GameCon of Battlefield 1. I even dug my copy of Battlefield 4 out and started playing again. Was sniping last night for a little while having a blast. I CAN'T snipe in COD for more than a kill or two before 1getting destroyed but I can in BF4.

I see that Twitch just bought Curse.TBH until seeing that I'd never heard of Curse

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
I'm still hating on the new COD , even more so after seeing Gameplay footage from GameCon of Battlefield 1

If Multiplayer is in space, I will be fine with that, unless the movement system is affected by that, then I will hate it. I am going to give Infinite Warfare a little chance, most have said no without properly playing it. But I definitely can say that Battlefield 1 is going to be good and I did sign up for the Beta, so I cannot wait!

I see that Twitch just bought Curse.TBH until seeing that I'd never heard of Curse

Maybe next week I will feature the acquisition of Curse. I had heard of them before but not majorly.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
As for Call of Duty i gave it up since Advanced Warfare but after seeing Infinite Warfare i just couldn't hold it any longer. The road they are taking this time compared to the previous games is going to futuristic for me. I find the Modern Warfare series by far the best but those good times are long gone it seems.

As for Suicide squad i am hoping to go see the movie soon :D

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
As for Call of Duty i gave it up since Advanced Warfare but after seeing Infinite Warfare i just couldn't hold it any longer. The road they are taking this time compared to the previous games is going to futuristic for me. I find the Modern Warfare series by far the best but those good times are long gone it seems.

As for Suicide squad i am hoping to go see the movie soon :D

I dislike the movement they are taking with CoD, they think it might be good and people will enjoy it but since the reviews of Advanced Warfare, I don't see a possible difference in the later 2 games in the series.

Suicide Squad was a good movie, and you might like it, depends what your taste of movies are, but nevertheless, hopefully you enjoy it..

TheRealRyanMickens

Rising User
Oct 1, 2015
California
YouTube
ya lol the comments are full of Infinite Warfare hate. Battlefield 1 looks amazing. I think in general, First Person Shooters that focus on past wars, rather than futuristic stuff, are 1000 times better. But I think it all boils down to personal opinion.

It seems like majority doesn't like the futuristic direction of COD games though

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I dislike the movement they are taking with CoD, they think it might be good and people will enjoy it but since the reviews of Advanced Warfare, I don't see a possible difference in the later 2 games in the series.

Suicide Squad was a good movie, and you might like it, depends what your taste of movies are, but nevertheless, hopefully you enjoy it..
It is a shame what they are doing with the Call of Duty series but we'll see what happens next year but this year they lost quite hard from Battlefield.

Regarding the movie we will find out soon :D

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
It is a shame what they are doing with the Call of Duty series but we'll see what happens next year but this year they lost quite hard from Battlefield.

Regarding the movie we will find out soon :D

If Call of Duty does not return back to basics - MW3 or Black Ops 1, it will not survive much longer.

ya lol the comments are full of Infinite Warfare hate. Battlefield 1 looks amazing. I think in general, First Person Shooters that focus on past wars, rather than futuristic stuff, are 1000 times better. But I think it all boils down to personal opinion.

It seems like majority doesn't like the futuristic direction of COD games though

I am one that doesn't fully agree with the futuristic movement, Like I said to Twilight, I would rather play MW3 or Black Ops 1 style games.