Offering We Want You! (Content Creation/Channel Review)

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Hey bro, I really like your channel trailer and was wondering if the person who made it was your friend or did you pay them to make you a rap.

yeah hes a friend of mine, i haven't spoken to him in ages but he is also a youtuber i don't no if hes taken requests or not anymore but you could always ask him on his channel if you want but you would be best of sending him a message and not asking on his videos

and im glad you like the trailer :D

TimeOut Corner

Freedom! Member
Jan 10, 2015
YouTube
Nice like your new series. I guess my channel could use a reviewed as well though
I have gotten a few good tips from others before but the more the better. I know i need a trailer havent gotten to it yet.

BluEdge Chekpoint

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Sorry guys but the "Challenge Accepted" video may not come out. Well not yet anyways. We ran into a few issues buttttt it wont stop us from giving you feedback. We would like to share content on our Twitter page and hopefully have it reach to some popular brands. Will review shortly.

Thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1487883756][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would love the chance to have my channel reviewed! :D I'll be checking out Friday's video!

Uh I will be honest with you I would hate to play against you. You are the meaning of my rage against COD. That's why I don't play it any more lol.

Pros
All that aside, are you mostly live streaming on Twitch then uploading to YouTube? Because if you are your definitely Twitch worthy. And you should do more montages of your skills. Also Dualtage??? Im curious about this, would like to see what it's about. Over all your content has amazing footage in it. Can not lie your good as a quick scoper and I don't like it :D. BTW what is Catalyst Mints? Is that a brand of yours? Where you with Machinama at some point?

Cons
Catalyst Mints must be explained lol

Sound quality needs to be a bit clearer. But we cant judge our sound quality can be crappy at times. Please update your trailer video. If your channel is based off of COD clips make sure your channel trailer is revolved around it. Show some of those skills of yours. That should grab any COD fan attention. In one of your commentary videos make sure you start your commentary as soon as the video starts. At first I thought I was just watching a match you played. Your commentary started about a 1 minuted in. You can lose your audience that way and, they can possibly think this video is click bate.

Other than that great channel. I guess to bring in more people you should make a small clip saying you will be streaming on Twitch on a certain date and time on YouTube. That way you can get your subscribers to your Twitch channel. Make sure you make a Twitter page as well and put and share some of your highlight clips with random/popular channels (@CallofDuty @YouTubeGaming).

Last edited:
Reactions: Roachhie

Roachhie

Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2017
South Dakota
YouTube
xRoachh
Sorry guys but the "Challenge Accepted" video may not come out. Well not yet anyways. We ran into a few issues buttttt it wont stop us from giving you feedback. We would like to share content on our Twitter page and hopefully have it reach to some popular brands. Will review shortly.

Thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1487883756][/DOUBLEPOST]

Uh I will be honest with you I would hate to play against you. You are the meaning of my rage against COD. That's why I don't play it any more lol.

Pros
All that aside, are you mostly live streaming on Twitch then uploading to YouTube? Because if you are your definitely Twitch worthy. And you should do more montages of your skills. Also Dualtage??? Im curious about this, would like to see what it's about. Over all your content has amazing footage in it. Can not lie your good as a quick scoper and I don't like it :D. BTW what is Catalyst Mints? Is that a brand of yours? Where you with Machinama at some point?

Cons
Catalyst Mints must be explained lol

Sound quality needs to be a bit clearer. But we cant judge our sound quality can be crappy at times. Please update your trailer video. If your channel is based off of COD clips make sure your channel trailer is revolved around it. Show some of those skills of yours. That should grab any COD fan attention. In one of your commentary videos make sure you start your commentary as soon as the video starts. At first I thought I was just watching a match you played. Your commentary started about a 1 minuted in. You can lose your audience that way and, they can possibly think this video is click bate.

Other than that great channel. I guess to bring in more people you should make a small clip saying you will be streaming on Twitch on a certain date and time on YouTube. That way you can get your subscribers to your Twitch channel. Make sure you make a Twitter page as well and put and share some of your highlight clips with random/popular channels (@CallofDuty @YouTubeGaming).
Thank you for the feedback! I appreciate it a lot. I mainly just use YouTube to upload. I do stream on Twitch, but only once and awhile. I try to link my Twitch and my twitter in every video's description. As for my content, it's mainly CoD, as you can see, but I've been trying to do a more wider range of games. Im currently working on GTA V content. As for the Catalyst Mints:that is my one and only sponsorship for my channel I have at the moment. They are an energy mint and I usually link them in my descriptions. A couple years back I was partnered with Machinima. I was locked into a 3 year contract with them but they didn't offer the benefits that Freedom! offers. So I decided to not go back to Machinima. My channel trailer does need to be updated. I honestly forgot about the trailer and am not even sure what I have as the official trailer right now lol. All in all, I appreciate the feedback. I've been waiting for someone to take the time and be honest about what I'm doing right or wrong with my channel. Thanks abunch for the tips and i hope I can improve my content here soon! :D :D

Reactions: BluEdge Chekpoint

BluEdge Chekpoint

Respected User
Freedom! Member
I wouldn't mind getting involved.....but I'm a real small channel, beginner :(

Man we are so sorry we couldn't do the video. I feel really bad now. Though keep up your work. Need more musicians on YouTube.

Thumbnails/Title
For a musician your thumbnails don't need to explode like most content creators. But your title needs to stand out a lot. Bringing in your audience with your title and an interesting thumbnail (Ex. You standing in the rain making a dramatic pose...I guess) can definitely bring in attention. Sale yourself (wow that sounds horrible but its true).

Latest Video
High Flying Birds video was impressive, like really it was. But as a fellow musician to another it needs a bit more work for you to master it. The video was great but I notice some hiccups hear and there. But it can be expected when you covering 3 different instruments by yourself. But your other videos where spot on. I like your voice, its different, its like raspy but toned and melodic. Your guitar skills are great but there is always room for improvement. One thing I can say that is a con, is your microphone. I hear you but not to much of you. Your vocals plus the guitar aren't as balance. But I would say that isn't a big issue. It might not be the microphone but just a balancing issue. Or it could just be my ears lol.

Ideas
I can definitely see you doing tutorials on How To Strum a Guitar/Singing/Take care of instruments/multi-task instrument playing/how to write songs/etc, and also maybe some commentary or inspiring words. Possible more songs of your own and also some popular songs in your own version.

Tags
Most importantly, tag your video with as many tags as possible. For you being a musician it is critical.

Overall I enjoyed your songs you made, one man banding, and some songs you played. Keep it up and keep believing. Im pretty sure you will get some where high.[DOUBLEPOST=1487889317][/DOUBLEPOST]
Would definitely appreciate a review, thanks a bunch for the offer man.

Well have to say you guys are somewhat like us. Group of friends playing games with each other, just to laugh and having a good time. Recording with Yeti Mics and 720p cameras lol. All in all not bad. The editing is good, but of course there is room for improvement. I would say the font is a little boring when your introducing who is playing who (Ex Ultimate Chicken Horse Video). Step those fonts up by 9001.

Thumbnails
You guys have stable and a unique style to your thumbnails. Nothing much to say to those. Keep it up this is your brand.

Content
Keep up with your friends. Doing group lets plays are awesome. Everyone can pretty much bounce off each other which makes awesome content. Usually a nice setup of friends within a YouTube channel consist of (The Idiot, the picked on, the try hard, the rage lord, the one who thinks everything is funny, the non gamer, the arguer, the arguer who argues back at the arguer, and the balance). I may be forgetting some but thats how it is usually plays off. As long as you have some of these you have content gold lol. Also keep up the cringy videos, soooo weird.

Trailer
Trailer is much needed. I don't think the Bangfit video is a good trailer for new audience to see. You guys need a trailer that revolves around your channel.

Social Site
Link your twitter account on you guys channel. This can be easy access if people are just viewing you channel.

Other than that keep up the work guys, cringy/non cringy. You guys are doing awesome, maybe we can collaborate in the future. BluEdge Chekpoint and The MLGenies.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheMLGenies

BluEdge Chekpoint

Respected User
Freedom! Member
A review would be great!

I think that pit people video was pretty interesting. That game seemed like it came from the developers who made Castle Crashers and Battle Block theater.

Thumbnails
Your thumbnails can use a little work. The videos that aren't setup into parts are the ones Im talking about. Make a thumbnail that brings attention to your random videos. Now the videos that are broken down into parts those are fine because making a 20 part Lets Play and constantly changing and creating thumbnails can be a hassle. So those are understandable. But for the one's that aren't put some creativity into them.

Trailer
I like how your trailer gets right to the point in about 10 to 15 seconds in your 1 minute trailer video. And the rest of your trailer shows the games you have played. Now is it possible that you can expand that speech from 15 seconds to the full length of the video? Your trailer should be grabbing people by the hair and forcing them to watch and not turn away lol. But seriously just saying who you are and what you do in 15 seconds is not enough to grab someones attention. But I will admit how your editing of multiple clips of games are in the video definitely grabs attention. I just think you need to speak more.

Content
Make sure your passionate about what you play. In my opinion I think you need to spice up your commentary a bit. Your channel is based off of full length playthroughs with hardly any cuts. And that my friend is where you will have to commentate your butt off to keep your audience interested. Try to put more energy and confidence into your voice. Not a lot of Youtubers do mobile games at that so you can start something here. Also maybe think about adding an intro/outro to your videos so this can bring people back with a catchy jingle.

Overall this is just my constructive opinion. If you put more energy into your videos I think you would do great. For instance that Pit People game, is a perfect game for your energy to shine.[DOUBLEPOST=1487972958][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would like a review

I like your intro and outros there pretty cool.

Thumbnails
Since you are doing Let Plays in parts its understandable how your thumbnails are. But for the videos that aren't parts I would say be a little bit more creative with. Less words more images. When people look at thumbnails they look to see for visuals. If they see that the thumbnail is just full of words then some people just tend to skip the video. More eye exploding thumbnails.

Livestream Content
Now this here is a tricky one. I see that you live stream on twitch which is cool. But you have to know something. And Im not saying this to be a butt munch but remember this is YouTube. You can live stream here but people on YouTube like looking at videos that aren't to long. Unless you are a popular YouTuber that can get away with that (Cryaotic with 3hr lets play/ Achievement Hunter with 1hr lets plays). I would say since your starting off you should cut your videos shorter to at least about 30 minutes. This way you have more videos to put out and people want get scared to see 3 hr long videos. When you break videos into parts you actually drive more attention to your videos. Especially if you leave them on a cliff hanger. Remember Twitch or any live stream site you can get away with 3 hrs but for YouTube the attention span is not that big for videos that long. Break them into parts and then you have more to give out.

***Keep in Mind
Also note that if you keep up with more than 1hr long videos views do decrease. It has been shown on plenty channels. Like Cryaotic for example start his 3hr session on part 1 with 500,000 views and then ended off with at least 20,000 views by part 20. It might not happen to you but keep in mind that hint.

Overall videos are good just need to cut them down a bit. Also your loot crate videos are awesome but I would say it needs to be edited where as to when your opening a package or cutting something cut those sequences out. Keep the funny moments when you fumble a package or saying something corky. But when your not saying anything and opening a package go ahead and trim it down a bit. This is just my constructive criticism so dont hate me to much lol.

Last edited:

BluEdge Chekpoint

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Do I not get one then????

Sorry for the wait, but please be patient. We are going through every ones submission one at a time. If you want honest and detailed feedback it will take a while. Also we aren't on the community on the weekends, as we try to enjoy our Freedom...wink wink....

Any who we are simply going down the list of responses. And so far you have two ahead of you.

FutureGaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Feb 21, 2015
YouTube
Sorry for the wait, but please be patient. We are going through every ones submission one at a time. If you want honest and detailed feedback it will take a while. Also we aren't on the community on the weekends, as we try to enjoy our Freedom...wink wink....

Any who we are simply going down the list of responses. And so far you have two ahead of you.
Sounds good

BluEdge Chekpoint

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nice like your new series. I guess my channel could use a reviewed as well though
I have gotten a few good tips from others before but the more the better. I know i need a trailer havent gotten to it yet.

Ummmmm....How did you get your background of your YouTube page like the way it is?

Thumbnails
What Im going to discuss might be the biggest things I see that may need some changing. Your thumbnails have so much going on within them, where as to it feels like everything is just clustered. And not to sound mean or anything, and this is just my opinion, but it is not pleasing to the eye. In some of your thumbnails you have your title of your video within your thumbnail which I think shouldnt be done. Reason being is because your title of your video is already going to be shown on the video. So your pretty much duplicating your title twice. In this case less words more visual. Your Thumbnails looks more business than podcast/rant/talk related. If you need to put font try to put as minimum text as possible. Visually grab your subscribers attention with images. Like I said earlier through this feed, most people don't really read whats going on in your thumbnails, but skim through them and see if it looks appealing. And if it does look appealing then they would read the title of your video.

Banner
Hmmm I think the banner can use a little bit more effort. I notice your channel is pretty much a talk/ranting/podcast/vlogging channel, which in your banner covers certain areas. But I think you can either detail it more or clean it up a bit better. Try not to put so much into your banner. Have your audience know what your channel is about, without giving to much detail. Or just have your banner revolve around your logo, but your logo popping out towards your audience.

Content
I will say that this channel is very very very different, weird but in a good way. I like what your doing here, and I like how things are setup. I kind get that Eric Andre show vibe when watching some of your videos. But his show is freaking weird beyond levels. Your channel don't really come close to it but still. Nice sound quality besides that smoke detector constantly going of. Love Rem! I like how you have your blue screen setup. But do you think you can expand that? Also on your Updates panel, do you think that can be Blue Screen as well? Its a bit hard to see that panel, depending either on the lighting or how you write on it. I want to see the updates panel as well. Also do you think you can add more art on the panel with Rem to add more flare to the corner? Your voice sounds great. The corner is an awesome idea to create. Talking facing away from the camera was interesting unique and dont see quite often. It took maybe a video or two to get use to but its a great way to start up your videos. Also the way you start up your videos introducing TOC, is another great way to start your videos. In your recent video I loved your intro. The effects of the intro mixed with your sounds you made were hilarious. KEEP IT! And you have hilarious stand points through out each video. Just make sure that within your rants/talks to keep your dialog consistent, and try not to repeat yourself over and over again. (But then again that might have been the character you were playing as). I also think in your talks you should add some royalty free music as well. Keeps the vibe of the video going for the audience.

This is a great idea of a channel. Just some few minor fixes here and there, but its progress and we all have something to work on. I wish you the best of luck with your channel, and hope you grow :)[DOUBLEPOST=1488228570][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sounds good

I thought I did a review on you...I guess I didnt.

Thumbnails
In my honest opinion I think the thumbnails are fine. They are colorful, flashy and definitely grabs my attention. So good job on that.

Description
Don't put your title of your video in the description box. The description is to describe to your audience what the video is about to venture into. Make up something snazzy or just describe the video in about a sentence or two. Don't forget to add any social sites here if you have any.

Playlist
Playlist is recommended but not required. You typically play the same game "CoD" but they are subjected differently. If your subscribers only want to see your troll videos, you should have a playlist for that, or for another example "Road to Nuclear" should definitely have a playlist because its episodic.

Content
Your troll videos are really hilarious. The flashbanging troll was ridiculious I watched it a few times. More of those please, and more raging videos. I like how your trying to start a serious "Road to Nuclear". It gives you a set goal to accomplish and also it can show off some of your skills in the CoD community. Kinda reminds me of a stream Road to Mercy God im doing :). Giving a set goal to become better. Also I see you try to branch off into other games as well. I just got one thing to say and that is try not to force the funny. Go with the flow and allow the funny to come to you.

All in all great CoD channel. I think you would be a better channel with more rage/troll/funny moments. And also more series of Road to Nuclear. Collab more with the communtiy and possibly make up some challenges for videos that may be hilarious to make with them.

Last edited:

FutureGaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Feb 21, 2015
YouTube
Ummmmm....How did you get your background of your YouTube page like the way it is?

Thumbnails
What Im going to discuss might be the biggest things I see that may need some changing. Your thumbnails have so much going on within them, where as to it feels like everything is just clustered. And not to sound mean or anything, and this is just my opinion, but it is not pleasing to the eye. In some of your thumbnails you have your title of your video within your thumbnail which I think shouldnt be done. Reason being is because your title of your video is already going to be shown on the video. So your pretty much duplicating your title twice. In this case less words more visual. Your Thumbnails looks more business than podcast/rant/talk related. If you need to put font try to put as minimum text as possible. Visually grab your subscribers attention with images. Like I said earlier through this feed, most people don't really read whats going on in your thumbnails, but skim through them and see if it looks appealing. And if it does look appealing then they would read the title of your video.

Banner
Hmmm I think the banner can use a little bit more effort. I notice your channel is pretty much a talk/ranting/podcast/vlogging channel, which in your banner covers certain areas. But I think you can either detail it more or clean it up a bit better. Try not to put so much into your banner. Have your audience know what your channel is about, without giving to much detail. Or just have your banner revolve around your logo, but your logo popping out towards your audience.

Content
I will say that this channel is very very very different, weird but in a good way. I like what your doing here, and I like how things are setup. I kind get that Eric Andre show vibe when watching some of your videos. But his show is freaking weird beyond levels. Your channel don't really come close to it but still. Nice sound quality besides that smoke detector constantly going of. Love Rem! I like how you have your blue screen setup. But do you think you can expand that? Also on your Updates panel, do you think that can be Blue Screen as well? Its a bit hard to see that panel, depending either on the lighting or how you write on it. I want to see the updates panel as well. Also do you think you can add more art on the panel with Rem to add more flare to the corner? Your voice sounds great. The corner is an awesome idea to create. Talking facing away from the camera was interesting unique and dont see quite often. It took maybe a video or two to get use to but its a great way to start up your videos. Also the way you start up your videos introducing TOC, is another great way to start your videos. In your recent video I loved your intro. The effects of the intro mixed with your sounds you made were hilarious. KEEP IT! And you have hilarious stand points through out each video. Just make sure that within your rants/talks to keep your dialog consistent, and try not to repeat yourself over and over again. (But then again that might have been the character you were playing as). I also think in your talks you should add some royalty free music as well. Keeps the vibe of the video going for the audience.

This is a great idea of a channel. Just some few minor fixes here and there, but its progress and we all have something to work on. I wish you the best of luck with your channel, and hope you grow :)[DOUBLEPOST=1488228570][/DOUBLEPOST]

I thought I did a review on you...I guess I didnt.

Thumbnails
In my honest opinion I think the thumbnails are fine. They are colorful, flashy and definitely grabs my attention. So good job on that.

Description
Don't put your title of your video in the description box. The description is to describe to your audience what the video is about to venture into. Make up something snazzy or just describe the video in about a sentence or two. Don't forget to add any social sites here if you have any.

Playlist
Playlist is recommended but not required. You typically play the same game "CoD" but they are subjected differently. If your subscribers only want to see your troll videos, you should have a playlist for that, or for another example "Road to Nuclear" should definitely have a playlist because its episodic.

Content
Your troll videos are really hilarious. The flashbanging troll was ridiculious I watched it a few times. More of those please, and more raging videos. I like how your trying to start a serious "Road to Nuclear". It gives you a set goal to accomplish and also it can show off some of your skills in the CoD community. Kinda reminds me of a stream Road to Mercy God im doing :). Giving a set goal to become better. Also I see you try to branch off into other games as well. I just got one thing to say and that is try not to force the funny. Go with the flow and allow the funny to come to you.

All in all great CoD channel. I think you would be a better channel with more rage/troll/funny moments. And also more series of Road to Nuclear. Collab more with the communtiy and possibly make up some challenges for videos that may be hilarious to make with them.
Thank you very much!