VR... are you ready?

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
So VR is becoming more and more popular every day. Are any of you ready for it?.

Do you have any vr gear?

I'm saving up right now for the equipment required to make vr videos

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
I've used the oculus rift at my school for an architecture assignment. (people could walk trough a architecture design.) I never really liked it that much it made me pretty dizzy and disoriented, But to be honest 3D movies don't float my boat either. 4K video resolution however, I am very exited for and at the moment and saving up for a good 4k cam at the moment.)

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I am waiting for Sony's Vr equipment. I think its called Morpheus or something. It probably give me
motion sickness. I hope not!
Oh yeah they're gear looks slick...
But yeah probably won't be too good for those who get motion sickness

Though it is different in so the sense that you control the motion...

Chris

Filipino Let's Player <Astig>
Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2014
www.gamerfuzion.com
YouTube
Oh yeah they're gear looks slick...
But yeah probably won't be too good for those who get motion sickness

Though it is different in so the sense that you control the motion...
I wont get motion sickness, IF they make a VR like the one in Sword Art Online.
Total VR. =3 I may probably forget to eat, go to the bathroom and etc if they make
it happen.

Reactions: riganthor

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
So VR is becoming more and more popular every day. Are any of you ready for it?.

Do you have any vr gear?

I'm saving up right now for the equipment required to make vr videos

If I ever get the money to afford a decent PC, I will most certainly get a VR headset along with it. VR is the very reason I got into game development. Heck, it's why I got into games. I have always dreamed of the day when games got to this level.

I've used the oculus rift at my school for an architecture assignment. (people could walk trough a architecture design.) I never really liked it that much it made me pretty dizzy and disoriented, But to be honest 3D movies don't float my boat either. 4K video resolution however, I am very exited for and at the moment and saving up for a good 4k cam at the moment.)

Motion sickness is going to highly depend on what it is you are playing. In other words, getting motion sick is more on the software side than it is hardware. So if the game is made properly to accommodate VR, it generally will not get you sick. At least for most people.

In fact, Valve claims their headset eliminates the motion sickness entirely on the hardware side.

I wont get motion sickness, IF they make a VR like the one in Sword Art Online.
Total VR. =3 I may probably forget to eat, go to the bathroom and etc if they make
it happen.

I wish. Being able to have all your senses in a game would be amazing.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
This is going to be exponentially important to the evolution of technology and gaming, the most important advancement in our technology since the microprocessor.

The implications of VR are alot bigger than some gamers would like to believe.

Stretch AdventureKS

That Skeleton!
Freedom! Member
Sep 4, 2014
YouTube
Not gonna lie, it is pretty cool and I would love that, I would to love to use VR one day, but I think it will be a bit longer till everyone in the world is going to be using it, including me, until VR is gonna become something normal for everyone to use really easy. For those who can afford it though, great.

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Motion sickness is going to highly depend on what it is you are playing. In other words, getting motion sick is more on the software side than it is hardware. So if the game is made properly to accommodate VR, it generally will not get you sick. At least for most people. In fact, Valve claims their headset eliminates the motion sickness entirely on the hardware side.

If they can actually do that I might be more interested, but to be honest I'm one of those people who does 10 things at once so I don't know if I would get used to wearing some kind of goggles that limits my lurking around. ><

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
atm its too expensive and it doesnt really seem to increas e the enjoyment of games I like to play (VR is great for horror but I HATE horror).

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
atm its too expensive and it doesnt really seem to increas e the enjoyment of games I like to play (VR is great for horror but I HATE horror).

How does it not increase the enjoyment? Just about any game can benefit from it. It's just a matter of how it's done.

A good example of this, is you would expect RTS games to be bad for VR because it's all 3rd person. Ya, if you where to take the games as they exist now and throw it into VR .. it simply wouldn't work well. However, you could take that RTS game and place it on a VR table or something similar. So you are a god looking down at a table or a planet or whatever it is that will make it work in VR. Heck you could even make it like a holographic experience, like something you would see Tony Stark using.

FPS games are another good example. When you port them straight over to VR, it will get people sick and it just wouldn't work well. For a FPS game to work, things need to be changed to be more realistic. So instead of you being able to run at like 20 mph bunny hopping everywhere, you should only be capable of doing what you can do in real life. Other wise ... well you risk getting sick. Though you still can stretch what you can do in real life and still be safe. Just have to be careful.

I say give it some time. VR most likely can improve just about all games, it's just a matter of how and when.

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
How does it not increase the enjoyment? Just about any game can benefit from it. It's just a matter of how it's done.

A good example of this, is you would expect RTS games to be bad for VR because it's all 3rd person. Ya, if you where to take the games as they exist now and throw it into VR .. it simply wouldn't work well. However, you could take that RTS game and place it on a VR table or something similar. So you are a god looking down at a table or a planet or whatever it is that will make it work in VR. Heck you could even make it like a holographic experience, like something you would see Tony Stark using.

FPS games are another good example. When you port them straight over to VR, it will get people sick and it just wouldn't work well. For a FPS game to work, things need to be changed to be more realistic. So instead of you being able to run at like 20 mph bunny hopping everywhere, you should only be capable of doing what you can do in real life. Other wise ... well you risk getting sick. Though you still can stretch what you can do in real life and still be safe. Just have to be careful.

I say give it some time. VR most likely can improve just about all games, it's just a matter of how and when.
damn how you say rts would work not only would I love to play such game but that might bring the genre back from the death!

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
damn how you say rts would work not only would I love to play such game but that might bring the genre back from the death!

Glad you understood me lol XD. I thought I might have been confusing.
I honestly think VR is going to revolutionize gaming at some point. It's probably not going to be with the first generation of headsets though. But 5 - 10 years down the road, I wouldn't be surprised.