VidIQ

Kelkirra

Rising User
Oct 29, 2015
YouTube
I've done some looking through a bunch of y'all's channels and I notice that some of you don't use tags. I'm not sure why you wouldn't considering the SEO needed to get a gaming channel noticed (no, I'm not going to give you algorithms or anything, just saying it's important to at least have them). A pro tip a guy gave to me when I started looking into youtube was an extension called Vid IQ. I'm not sponsored by them or anything, I've simply noticed the benefits from using it.

I know a bunch of you may know this, but from some of the videos I've seen it seems like a few don't. I hope this helps some of you moving forward :)

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
A better tool in my opinion is TubeBuddy, and since it's free for Freedom partners, I feel it's a must have.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
I used VidIQ for a while a earlier this year. It's a nice tool but I stopped using it once it started randomly getting intrusive on videos when I was watching them in playlist form. Not sure if that got fixed or not but I remember that really started bugging me and I just turned it off and haven't bothered with it since.

Kelkirra

Rising User
Oct 29, 2015
YouTube
I used VidIQ for a while a earlier this year. It's a nice tool but I stopped using it once it started randomly getting intrusive on videos when I was watching them in playlist form. Not sure if that got fixed or not but I remember that really started bugging me and I just turned it off and haven't bothered with it since.

I've not run into that quite yet. The biggest negative experience I've had is it not loading up with the page the first time I click on a video. I refresh and it pulls the data so I can't complain. Maybe once they let me past the foray in Freedom I'll check out that other tool you were talking about. :)

Kelkirra

Rising User
Oct 29, 2015
YouTube
Kelkirra - do you have access yet? We want to make sure you're enjoying and able to use TubeBuddy :)

No, I have not been given any rights here. To be honest, I've not been able to get in touch with anyone to find out the status of my acceptance here. I was looking forward to trying to get advice on my videos so that I can grow. It's really making me consider trying to find a network that will actually take me instead of make me sit outside the doors until I reach a specific subscriber base (something that was a huge selling point for joining the network I did, except it seems to me only some of those that apply get in).

Let me know if there's something I need to do first.