Video Recording

Jonathon Cronin

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 27, 2015
YouTube
blade_wolfhart
Hey #Freeedom Family is was wondering what is a good video recording program that will record game video and audio and my voice as well. I don't want FRPS. It didn't work that we'll on my computer.

Derek-Senpai

New User
Dec 26, 2014
Washington, USA
YouTube
Hiya~! So I have some recommendations that I personally use to capture my games.

1. After using other capturing softwares like Dxtory, Fraps, and Bandicam, I personally liked using Mirillis Action. It'll take care of your recording needs recording at 1080p60fps, separate audio tracks, window/desktop capture, and overall easy to use :). Also do note that this is a paid software.

2. If you are not able to pay for Action then have no fear! There is an alternative, free software I used to use for recording. OBS Studio is one of my favorites. It offers Local Recording and Live Streaming. Though the quality of your recordings do get significantly lowered. The settings in OBS may be a bit complicated but check out EposVox for a few videos on how to get started with OBS.

Hope you can take these into consideration! Good luck on finding a software that works for you! ;)

Jonathon Cronin

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 27, 2015
YouTube
blade_wolfhart
Hiya~! So I have some recommendations that I personally use to capture my games.

1. After using other capturing softwares like Dxtory, Fraps, and Bandicam, I personally liked using Mirillis Action. It'll take care of your recording needs recording at 1080p60fps, separate audio tracks, window/desktop capture, and overall easy to use :). Also do note that this is a paid software.

2. If you are not able to pay for Action then have no fear! There is an alternative, free software I used to use for recording. OBS Studio is one of my favorites. It offers Local Recording and Live Streaming. Though the quality of your recordings do get significantly lowered. The settings in OBS may be a bit complicated but check out EposVox for a few videos on how to get started with OBS.

Hope you can take these into consideration! Good luck on finding a software that works for you! ;)

Thank you

Banana Capon

Rising User
Mar 8, 2015
YouTube
I record using Open Broadcaster Software(OBS). It's free and offers a lot! (recording 1080p60fps, audio settings, adding webcam to your recording). I've also noticed that there's no big difference on and off recoring when it comes to number of FPS. It's very good for streaming too :)

If you have an nVdia graphic card then you can record SOME(list here: http://www.nvidia.pl/object/geforce-experience-supported-pc-games-pl.html) games using nVidia shadow play without almost any FPS dropping.

I hope that helps!

Sea

Respected User
Sep 20, 2014
YouTube
Sorry, I have one more suggestion. Audacity is good to use in cases where your mic or audio input is a little loud. You can use the tools in it in order to sharpen and soften parts of your voice. Even higher channel still use Audacity as it is so reliable. The only thing you'll need to do is sync the audio to the video at the begging of recording. Here's the order I use to make better sounding mic audio.
Noise Reduction
Normalize
Compressor
Equalization- Bass Boost
Treble Boost
Normalize
Limiter
Normalize
Equalize 100-40 and 5-6DB
Normalize

The only thing you need to specifically change is the equalizer. You set the begging points 100 down to 40 and the 5 and 6 up.
Let me know if this is confusing. I'd love to actually help you out on it.

Jonathon Cronin

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 27, 2015
YouTube
blade_wolfhart
Sorry, I have one more suggestion. Audacity is good to use in cases where your mic or audio input is a little loud. You can use the tools in it in order to sharpen and soften parts of your voice. Even higher channel still use Audacity as it is so reliable. The only thing you'll need to do is sync the audio to the video at the begging of recording. Here's the order I use to make better sounding mic audio.
Noise Reduction
Normalize
Compressor
Equalization- Bass Boost
Treble Boost
Normalize
Limiter
Normalize
Equalize 100-40 and 5-6DB
Normalize

The only thing you need to specifically change is the equalizer. You set the begging points 100 down to 40 and the 5 and 6 up.
Let me know if this is confusing. I'd love to actually help you out on it.
Completely confused me lol

UncleGravy

Freedom! Member
Mar 3, 2016
Wales
YouTube
Uncle_Gravy
If you want a nice all round one button and you're off software, and if you have an Nvidia GPU, Shadowplay is pretty much all you need.

But my recommendation will be OBS, its an excellent free versatile piece of software, Its a bit fiddly but you have more control over your quality, set up certain shortcuts to different scene's, webcam placement, volume control and much more, and its an excellent alternative if you don't have a Nvidia GPU.

Sea

Respected User
Sep 20, 2014
YouTube
If you want a nice all round one button and you're off software, and if you have an Nvidia GPU, Shadowplay is pretty much all you need.

But my recommendation will be OBS, its an excellent free versatile piece of software, Its a bit fiddly but you have more control over your quality, set up certain shortcuts to different scene's, webcam placement, volume control and much more, and its an excellent alternative if you don't have a Nvidia GPU.
Thought he's right. Shadowplay is what I use and it's super easy, but shelling out the muns for a graphics card just for free software linked only to that device is a little silly.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I started using litecam HD that lets me put a webcam in my videos. I've never had an issue with it, and I've easily recorded over 40+ hours with it. Bandicam used to stall or crash, but it works too. Your computer might be the biggest deciding factor here, using a test product can let you know how they all work.