Video not suitable for ads

finegamingconnoisseur

Freedom! Member
May 18, 2017
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I've recently had two of my videos, both of which are survival horror let's plays, set to the "Not suitable for all advertisers" yellow dollar icon as well. I contacted Freedom! Support but there wasn't much they could do except escalate it to higher up. Needless to say, it puzzled me as well because those two videos had nothing in it whatsoever that would even remotely violate YouTube's acceptable content guidelines, at least not that I could think of anyway.

I kept talking about this on videos by other channels that are also being affected and have made videos expressing their displeasure over what many and I see as YouTube going to extremes to keep advertisers happy, at the expense of content creators who spend upwards of 6 hours or more working on videos (my videos take that long from start to finish). From what I've seen, this problem is quite widespread and many Youtubers that I know of are affected by it, so you are definitely not alone.

I've now had one of my videos restored to the normal green dollar icon, I don't know if YouTube has realised what a big mistake they're making and are now taking steps to restore confidence to content creators and repair the damage, but hopefully this is the beginning of a brighter future for everyone, not just for the advertisers but us content creators as well. YouTube needs to see us as their friend, not their enemy. I think if they want to find a solution that works, they need to work with us, not against us.

finegamingconnoisseur

Freedom! Member
May 18, 2017
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I have the same for certain games but seeing it was Doom i can understand it due to their new policy.
It's ironic though, I've seen ads on YouTube which are trailers for horror movies. :confused: Also, not sure if big gaming channels like IGN or Gamespot are affected as well, I might go and try watching some of their videos which have horror content and see if ads get shown.

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
For some reason, lot's of you seem to have an issue with the new YouTube policy, even though I'm a small content creator with 16 subs, but that doesn't mean I have not had the issues like you guys have, but YouTube's new Policy is kinda dumb when it comes to that, but there is a really specific reason to that, YouTube has a bot that could make mistakes like the bots normally would do, so, let's hope that it'll learn to adapt and learn from its mistakes.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
It's ironic though, I've seen ads on YouTube which are trailers for horror movies. :confused: Also, not sure if big gaming channels like IGN or Gamespot are affected as well, I might go and try watching some of their videos which have horror content and see if ads get shown.
Just noticed even 2 Destiny video's have the yellow icon. I can ask for a personal review but seeing it are less then 10 video's i can't be bothered by it :p