Video Critiquing (From a fellow content creator)

Snaggle Teef

Utter Legend!
Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2015
Texas!
www.snaggleteef.com
SnaggleTeef
I know its been a while guys! And though I lost the ability to moderate the forums, I'd still like to contribute the best way I used to know and still would like to professionalize! If you're interested please see below!

I've started this new segment for my channel, where I would like to help my fellow content creator by giving my personalized opinion on their content. By way of video, Touching on key points throughout. There are (so far) 5 total sub sections i'll be touching on, which at the end will be tallied up and "mathed" into a generalized score, which will fall under 1 of 6 categories. Everything will be looked at from a channel perspective such as art, picture, and 1 video of your choice, Make it your best one!

Now in the video, I state there is only one way to submit this type of request and its through my website. But I understand it can come across as shady. So i'm not so much enforcing it for Freedom! partners! as this is still a fresh idea! So i'll take some suggestions through here!

All the rules are in the video, I'm not trying to make this so much as a stunt to get views, but I really want to help people. Plus it breaks down everything in my points system and how I rate your content! If you happen to just skip through the video I will add the things i'll cover below all of this. Of course if you'd like to watch the video, this and some extra key points are mentioned so I strongly advise you to watch. Though it isn't necessary. Thank you guys ahead of time for allowing me to be a part of your channel!

When submitting videos please consider the following:

· Give a clear description of what it is you are looking for me to critique

· Give a clear explanation of what your content is trying to accomplish

· Is your content intended to be funny, informative, serious, etc?

· Be appreciative of any critique received! (Very important)

· Not necessary but if you’d like to critique one of my earlier videos please feel free!

· Please limit your submissions to your best video! Just one! Make it count, I will keep a list of individual’s channels that I’ve serviced as to not be unfair and such.

Points of rating for YouTube channels:

· Channel Banner Artwork

· Banner Image

· Channel Icon

· Channel Information

· Channel Trailer

· Video Presentation

· Video Thumbnails

· Video Organization

· Annotation interruption of content

Points of rating for YouTube Specific Videos:

· Sound Quality

· How is the sound quality?

· Are the sound levels appropriate?

· Is music or sound effects appropriate for the content?

· Video Quality

· Recording quality of speaker or subject? (PIP)

· Quality of screen capture?

· Narration (if applicable)

· Does the speaker engage the audience? (if applicable)

· Is the speaker knowledgeable about the content? (if applicable)

· Is the speaker mannered appropriate to the content? (if applicable)

· Copyright

· Are there copyright concerns?

· Overall Quality

· Would the video capture the attention of the target audience for some or all of the video?

· How are transitions in the video, such as jump transitions and screen overlays presented?

· What did the creator do in the video that is unique and interesting?

· What did the creator do in the video that may be overused or cliched?

Some things to factor in, I do have a full time Job, I have 2 children, and the response will be done in the form of video! So by submitting your request to me you allow me the right to utilize your channel art, channel picture etc. in the single video i'm making about your personalized critique. And our communication can continue through here though I'll simply send you a pm on YouTube with a link to your review!

Again I look forward to all the good this will do!

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

Snaggle Teef

Utter Legend!
Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2015
Texas!
www.snaggleteef.com
SnaggleTeef
Great to see you back on the forums Snaggle!! Hope you have been well :)

Nice to see you are doing an in depth review of peoples channels, hopefully some more people get to see this as I'm sure this would help a lot of people.
I sure hope so I've gotten one so far and its up but i just hope people eventually warm up to it. I find it fun and i don'twant to just grab someones account and start reviewing it like this lol. But thanks for the post! Good to be back!