Video Cameras

Jourdan

Freedom! Member
Oct 21, 2014
YouTube
What are good video cameras to make videos with? Like vlogs and similar types of videos. I was thinking about a GoPro just because they're versatile. Price isn't really an issue, I just want to know what your opinion on good cameras is.

Reactions: Brent Cone

GreenManX

Rising User
Nov 17, 2015
Europe
YouTube
Depends what you need camera for. If you're gonna make vlogs and vlogs only then go with Canon s120, but is you planning to make gaming videos and chroma key yourself that you should go with something more camcorder oriented like Sony HDR-PJ620 or DSLR like Canon 700D (Rebel T5i on US market).
The only problem with DSLRs is recording limit which is up to 30 minutes because of taxes (everything above 30 minutes falls under camcorders).

I'm using Sony PMW EX-1 camera for my videos and I'm using fluorescent photography light. Booth of them are borrowed because sony cost to much to buy it in this moment.

Jourdan

Freedom! Member
Oct 21, 2014
YouTube
Depends what you need camera for. If you're gonna make vlogs and vlogs only then go with Canon s120, but is you planning to make gaming videos and chroma key yourself that you should go with something more camcorder oriented like Sony HDR-PJ620 or DSLR like Canon 700D (Rebel T5i on US market).
The only problem with DSLRs is recording limit which is up to 30 minutes because of taxes (everything above 30 minutes falls under camcorders).

I'm using Sony PMW EX-1 camera for my videos and I'm using fluorescent photography light. Booth of them are borrowed because sony cost to much to buy it in this moment.

I'm using it for vlogs mainly. I want a really good looking HD camera for making IRL videos

GreenManX

Rising User
Nov 17, 2015
Europe
YouTube
Than I would go with Canon s120. It is bulletproof and cost like $340 on ebay including shipping, brand new. Since you don't need longer clips than 30 minutes it's gonna be just fine for the start.

Brent Cone

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Nov 21, 2014
Sweden
YouTube
I currently use a Canon EOS 700D for my vlog videos! It's pretty big so it might be a little hard to vlog in public with if you're doing it vlog style I guess! ;) You can check out how the quality of that camera is on my latest video to get a look on how it is! :) Phone cameras can work fine though! ;)

GreenManX

Rising User
Nov 17, 2015
Europe
YouTube
As far as I know this is the best 4K camera money can buy in this price range. The only problem I've noticed with her is if you record Full HD you're not gonna get that good picture. I don't know why is it so, but I suppose that this is happening because camera has 4K chip and when you record Full HD she need to use this chip differently. Overall the picture on Full HD is not that sharp as it should be.
So if You're planning to use it for 4K go for it if you got a budget but if you're planning to shot Full HD or 720p don't waste your money.

Reactions: Olivea Sea

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
As far as I know this is the best 4K camera money can buy in this price range. The only problem I've noticed with her is if you record Full HD you're not gonna get that good picture. I don't know why is it so, but I suppose that this is happening because camera has 4K chip and when you record Full HD she need to use this chip differently. Overall the picture on Full HD is not that sharp as it should be.
So if You're planning to use it for 4K go for it if you got a budget but if you're planning to shot Full HD or 720p don't waste your money.

Yeah the 4K was what I was looking for because I want that ultra sharp image that I just cannot get on my HD that I have now..

Reactions: GreenManX

Jourdan

Freedom! Member
Oct 21, 2014
YouTube
YouTube doesn't support 4k does it? You'll still have to render it as a 1080p video if not

GreenManX

Rising User
Nov 17, 2015
Europe
YouTube
Yeah the 4K was what I was looking for because I want that ultra sharp image that I just cannot get on my HD that I have now..
If you wanna see some interesting 4K footage check out "MKBHD" channel on youtube. It a tech review guy and he owns 4K RED camera and of course uploads videos in 4K.[DOUBLEPOST=1448129777][/DOUBLEPOST]
YouTube doesn't support 4k does it? You'll still have to render it as a 1080p video if not
Yes, youtube supports 4K but better get a fast upload.
Check out youtube channel "MKBHD". That's a tech review channel in 4K.

Reactions: Olivea Sea

Kovuix

Kovu Productions
Freedom! Member
Oct 5, 2015
Texas
YouTube
What are good video cameras to make videos with? Like vlogs and similar types of videos. I was thinking about a GoPro just because they're versatile. Price isn't really an issue, I just want to know what your opinion on good cameras is.

I would disagree with a Gopro for vlogging. The shot will be too wide, it will be hard to keep you as the focused subject. The other reason; by other peoples experiences and reviews, the Gopro mic isn't that great. There are alot of cameras out there to choose from. I'd just suggest staying away from the Gopro :)

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
I would disagree with a Gopro for vlogging. The shot will be too wide, it will be hard to keep you as the focused subject. The other reason; by other peoples experiences and reviews, the Gopro mic isn't that great. There are alot of cameras out there to choose from. I'd just suggest staying away from the Gopro
Indeed I feel as if the gopro is pretty overated and overpriced!

Jourdan

Freedom! Member
Oct 21, 2014
YouTube
I would disagree with a Gopro for vlogging. The shot will be too wide, it will be hard to keep you as the focused subject. The other reason; by other peoples experiences and reviews, the Gopro mic isn't that great. There are alot of cameras out there to choose from. I'd just suggest staying away from the Gopro :)
I completely agree with the mic part. I'll probably only use the GoPro for certain events that it's intended to be used for. I just said to go with that because I have a friend's GoPro to use temporarily until I get a camera