Solved Video buffers in FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OvereactiveAtom

New User
Mar 12, 2016
Hi, I have recently started recording.

I just uploaded a new video in for a performance test and fortunately got a new GPU (graphics card) not too long ago. A MSI GTX770 lightning in case you were wondering in terms of benchmarking and ect.

Anyway; I tried recording a game of Rocket League lately. When recording, I had a stable 60+fps rating. Unfortuantely, after recording I got chopped bits in between it.

Watch this video to know what I am talking about.

Anyway, I know some solutions for this problem, but I've already done them. I rendered using Sony Vegas Pro with a stable 60fps all the way through, having the video at just 40 seconds made it not have to render for long fortunately. Then I had compressed the file to a fast preset with Handbrake. I tried with a very fast preset, with an average fps of around 128, and got the same choppy results in the first video that I had shown you.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks,
Liam

slizerbladez

Gaming and Commentary
Freedom! Member
Hi, I have recently started recording.

I just uploaded a new video in for a performance test and fortunately got a new GPU (graphics card) not too long ago. A MSI GTX770 lightning in case you were wondering in terms of benchmarking and ect.

Anyway; I tried recording a game of Rocket League lately. When recording, I had a stable 60+fps rating. Unfortuantely, after recording I got chopped bits in between it.

Watch this video to know what I am talking about.

Anyway, I know some solutions for this problem, but I've already done them. I rendered using Sony Vegas Pro with a stable 60fps all the way through, having the video at just 40 seconds made it not have to render for long fortunately. Then I had compressed the file to a fast preset with Handbrake. I tried with a very fast preset, with an average fps of around 128, and got the same choppy results in the first video that I had shown you.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks,
Liam
What program are you using to record this? Also where are you recording to? If your recordings are being saved to the same drive they are being played from, the data may not be transferred smoothly.

Upvote 0

OvereactiveAtom

New User
Mar 12, 2016
What program are you using to record this? Also where are you recording to? If your recordings are being saved to the same drive they are being played from, the data may not be transferred smoothly.
Don't worry - I have plenty enough space in the storage drive I use to store my videos, but I store it in an additional drive.

Also, I use OBS to record this with a force scaling of 1920x1080. Anything but Minecraft works fine honestly, Minecraft runs very smoothly with ultra shaders and anything else just freezes. Do you perhaps think it might be an OpenGL problem, or my GPU needing a graphic update?

Thanks for getting backed to me Slizer,
Liam.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.