[V] The adoration of RoosterTeeth and WHY?!

Valiant

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 19, 2016
United Kingdom
YouTube
ConnorJSadler
The adoration of RoosterTeeth and WHY?!

RoosterTeeth has been a huge conglomerate spanning many series and genres of gaming and animation. Many channels at the time fell into the category of being ‘just another FPS Gaming Channel’ and yet they have a current subscriber count of 8,745,967 after joining on the 10th of July 2006.
By using analytics distrubuted by trackalytics.com you can see that on average RoosterTeeth gains roughly 1,469 Subscribers per day and 1,681,438 Views per day. This is a trend which has had a constant correlation of their channels growth. RoosterTeeth, like all of us, started off small with their first series, Red VS Blue. Being a machinima from Halo: Combat Evolved this series was revolutionary for its time, because it had a very gripping script and had intriguing characters.
“the project quickly and unexpectedly achieved significant popularity following its premiere on April 1, 2003. The series consists of fourteen seasons and five mini-series. Red vs. Blue is the longest running episodic web series and second longest running webseries of all time. (Wikipedia, 2016)”
RoosterTeeth as a channel has grown their technologies to keep their series current and trending, this has been a key point in their success throughout the years. If you was keeping up with the series as it aired you would know about the boom during the ‘Break in the wall (Red vs. Blue Revelation: Episode 3)’ This showed the first application of animation in the game universe cementing the series as more than just your average machinima.

The application of new technology is a key point, channeling growth, because in this day and age anybody can start a YouTube channel and make a gaming Lets Play you need to think about what YOU can bring to the table. You can see other channel's growth because of this trend of technology and application of features; Game Grumps using high quality commentary, Pewdiepie has built a loyal fan base and uses assets from newspapers and social media to distribute and promote, Aphmau has a combination of machinima and gameplay to present highly engaging screenplays. This is also a trend when you look at product distribution in the industry, for example car adverts will boast about the new feature that they are utilizing, and adverts for a new TV will boast about its new surround sound or curved screen to one up the market.

Looking at the success of Rooster Teeth and then applying it to your own videos, whether it is being videoed about Gamings, News, Review or such, it would be a good idea to look at evolving technologies and then try and apply it to your work. This could be something simple like adding Facecam or a new widget to your video display, or maybe looking into 360 Video capture which is new and available for free for all people to apply to their videos. Looking back now, Rooster Teeth have always stayed one step ahead of technology, by utilizing press coverage, advancements in animation, or just implementing scripts to their videos.

Please excuse any bad grammer, I would appreciate any feedback on my writing style as I have a University essay coming up and I am practicing to get better at writing. Please let me know if you have a topic you would like me to write about.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Well I have to say you made a well written and compelling outline, I dont think you need to worry at all about that University essay