Tips & Tricks Using TWITTER to promote your channel

ozmodion

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 12, 2016
YouTube
Ozmodion
Hi Guys,

I have been on Youtube for 4 months now and have just started using twitter to cross promote my channel and videos. How? well I will tell you:

The first thing is understanding how twitter works. The general rule to twitter is if somebody follows you then you are expected to follow them back. Unlike sub for sub on YT, follow for follow on twitter will not harm you. Twitter is all about sharing and if you tweet it goes to all your followers and you get theirs etc, so like I said follow for follow is good on twitter.

How do I get followers I hear you ask? There are loads of way, but I go to www.tweepi.com and login using my twitter account. There you can search for people that have lots of followers and then you can start following them. First though do some research, search for channels on YT that have lots of followers on Twitter and make sure that you are searching for people that are relevant to what you are doing on YT. No point in searching for a gaming channel and then start following their twitter followers when you are creating Home DIY videos, or starting to follow twitter followers of a beauty channel when you do a cooking channel. I have a gaming channel so I search for people like Jacksepticeye and gamegrumps.

So you have found a big channel on YT that's in the same niche as you, ie I have a gaming channel and I see Jacjsepticeye has over 1M followers on twitter. I use tweepi.com to bring up his followers then I use filters to select the people I want to follow.

Here is the trick to this little tip....don't follow anyone with lots of followers themselves because if they follow you back then your tweet about uploading your latest master piece will get swallowed up by the hundreds of other tweets they get from their other followers. Go for the small fry, that way your tweets will be seen because they don't get that many tweets pushed to them.

Use filters on Tweepi.com to narrow the search, here are a few filters I use:

Follower count = less than 100 (reason as stated above)
Follower ratio = greater than 100 (this one is important as tweepi rates peoples re-follows and over 100 is good as they re-follow people who follow them)
Last tweeted = less than 7 days old (means they are active on twitter and not a dead account)

Then start following people. You can legally follow up to 250 people a day and Un-follow up to 100 people a day before twitter bans your account (only do this using tweepi.com as they have deal with twitter to do this). After about 5 mins you will see your follow count start to grow. After 3 days or so you can then start to un-follow people that have not followed you back, essentially getting rid of the dead wood.

I have been doing this for a few weeks now, I am following 2.2k and have 500 followers. The follow count is big I know, but when I get to a comfortable follow count that I like I will stop following people and then start to un-follow to get rid of the dead wood.

I have gotten a lot of views this way and am now starting to see a few subs come my way too, and I have only been doing this a few weeks. If you give this a go and see results then please let me know. I hope this is useful for you, it has for me.

Oz

Jun 9, 2014
YouTube
I totally agree with you about how usefull Twitter is.
A friend of mine has over 250,000 followers and he retweets everything I tweet to him.
I've picked up hundreds of subs this way.

_Revo

Rising User
Mar 16, 2015
Twitter is a very weird but useful resource in increasing your channel's outreach. Cross-promotion is huge as retweets are a useful tool with regards to your initial follower outreach being multiplied shortly. Great tip. :)

ozmodion

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 12, 2016
YouTube
Ozmodion
Twitter is a very weird but useful resource in increasing your channel's outreach. Cross-promotion is huge as retweets are a useful tool with regards to your initial follower outreach being multiplied shortly. Great tip. :)

thats ok, i'm glad to help. I'm growing my fan base at the mo on twitter, I just passed 500 followers and growing.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Not a too big fan of Follow for Follow unless i really like what the others person posts about. But i must admit though i'm not a fan of this i have seen great results in this. Someone in my list used this method in both Instagram and Twitter and gained insane boost in followers within a week. After a set amount they startes to even become active followers and she gained a couple thousand loyal viewers and subscribers. It amazes me how this can actually work...