HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
healpleasehealbanner2.jpg
Hey guys, so I wanted to get your opinions on something. I've made a schedule for myself for my gaming channel. Before i would upload a random times with no consistency and at times if I had a lot of content, it would be a daily upload. But now I upload every Tuesday and Thursday just because my schedule was all over the place.

Is a two day upload good for viewers? Spitting out two video's a week seems kind of small. But I am a small channel so obviously I can't output 1 video every day, I just don't have time to record and edit that much not to mention it's not consistent. So I wanted to get your opinions if my two days of uploading is better then the random ones.

I do have a bit of content ready right now, so what would you recommend? Do two video's per every Tuesday and Thursday, or stick with one?
Just wanted to get others opinions on this.

Thank you in advance for your responses. Here's a free healing for you.
PNG icon copy.png

Reactions: Charxander Origin

THENigeliam

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
*uses heal* +40 HP!

Anyway, about the video schedule, I think it depends on when you are most flexible or comfortable in. If its Tuesday and Thursday, then that's it! Having a schedule would be crucial in gaining subs because they'll know when to watch out for your videos! If you can do it everyday, why not right? But you said you don't have the time for it, so I think 2 uploads per week would do. But make sure these videos would be really good so that it will be attracting a lot of buzz and attention. For small channels like us, it is best if we keep on posting as much as we can. Though some even post everyday, some of us like you and me don't have the luxury of time on our hands, so that's why we have a schedule in making videos. Let us just make most of what we do. :))

I hope I helped! Stay hot and keep it cool!

Reactions: HealPleaseHeal

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
*uses heal* +40 HP!

Anyway, about the video schedule, I think it depends on when you are most flexible or comfortable in. If its Tuesday and Thursday, then that's it! Having a schedule would be crucial in gaining subs because they'll know when to watch out for your videos! If you can do it everyday, why not right? But you said you don't have the time for it, so I think 2 uploads per week would do. But make sure these videos would be really good so that it will be attracting a lot of buzz and attention. For small channels like us, it is best if we keep on posting as much as we can. Though some even post everyday, some of us like you and me don't have the luxury of time on our hands, so that's why we have a schedule in making videos. Let us just make most of what we do. :))

I hope I helped! Stay hot and keep it cool!

Thank you for the response. I do agree with you if I could output video's on a daily basis I would, but work and other personal stuff come in the way to doing that. So I thought a simple schedule would work. Considering I just started this about a week ago I'll see how it goes in hopes of getting more viewership. Thank you again, and FYI I eat pizza like a beast! lol

Reactions: THENigeliam

THENigeliam

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
Thank you for the response. I do agree with you if I could output video's on a daily basis I would, but work and other personal stuff come in the way to doing that. So I thought a simple schedule would work. Considering I just started this about a week ago I'll see how it goes in hopes of getting more viewership. Thank you again, and FYI I eat pizza like a beast! lol

Pizza is love <3 hahaha

Ashley SilverDust

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Feb 14, 2015
Maine, USA
YouTube
AshleySilver101
View attachment 13178
Hey guys, so I wanted to get your opinions on something. I've made a schedule for myself for my gaming channel. Before i would upload a random times with no consistency and at times if I had a lot of content, it would be a daily upload. But now I upload every Tuesday and Thursday just because my schedule was all over the place.

Is a two day upload good for viewers? Spitting out two video's a week seems kind of small. But I am a small channel so obviously I can't output 1 video every day, I just don't have time to record and edit that much not to mention it's not consistent. So I wanted to get your opinions if my two days of uploading is better then the random ones.

I do have a bit of content ready right now, so what would you recommend? Do two video's per every Tuesday and Thursday, or stick with one?

Two a week is a good schedule, if you're into having a set schedule that is. For some people it doesn't work, it really depends. Anytime I try to implement a set schedule it seems to stress me out too much and takes some of the fun and spontaneity out of gaming for me. I see that you have a live stream as well - you should utilize the past broadcasts and highlights features of Twitch and export your best highlights to YouTube at any time. Then maybe try your Tuesday and Thursday idea for other specific and planned videos. So, random highlights anytime.. in addition to a regular two a week that are planned. Make sense? Most important: Have fun and Never give up! :D

BigMickGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
Netherlands
YouTube
My schedule is like 3 videos per week, and i think its fine. It also kind of depends on your own time and space when you can upload of course. Since my internet is pretty bad, a upload for me takes half a day. So thats why i chose to do 3 videos per week.

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
Two a week is a good schedule, if you're into having a set schedule that is. For some people it doesn't work, it really depends. Anytime I try to implement a set schedule it seems to stress me out too much and takes some of the fun and spontaneity out of gaming for me. I see that you have a live stream as well - you should utilize the past broadcasts and highlights features of Twitch and export your best highlights to YouTube at any time. Then maybe try your Tuesday and Thursday idea for other specific and planned videos. So, random highlights anytime.. in addition to a regular two a week that are planned. Make sense? Most important: Have fun and Never give up! :D
That is a good idea, only issue with my live stuff was that I played some games that had copyright stuff so I gotta be careful. I have yet to play with the Highlight section in Twitch and should look into it. Thank you for your feedback!

Ross L Designs

Respected User
May 15, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
I think schedules are good, but if you do have one try and stick to it. I personally like knowing when a channel I'm subscribed to is uploading especially if they're doing a series etc.

A 2 day a week schedule is good, sometimes I see channels who upload daily but the quality is not as good due it being rushed etc. So quality over quantity for sure. But most importantly do what you feel is right for your channel, like others have said sticking to a schedule can sometimes be hard (trust me I know to well on this one! lol) :)

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
I think schedules are good, but if you do have one try and stick to it. I personally like knowing when a channel I'm subscribed to is uploading especially if they're doing a series etc.

A 2 day a week schedule is good, sometimes I see channels who upload daily but the quality is not as good due it being rushed etc. So quality over quantity for sure. But most importantly do what you feel is right for your channel, like others have said sticking to a schedule can sometimes be hard (trust me I know to well on this one! lol) :)

Very true, I always prefer quality over quantity

dandruff

Aug 15, 2015
YouTube
hello. ^_^ ive been doing a gaming news channel for over 6 months now. i upload one video a day on weekdays in the mid afternoon because i feel like that is the earliest i can get people the information in my show while still being relevant.

it all depends on the type of channel you want to have on youtube. one of my more recent favorites, GradeAUnderA, uploads videos randomly, but the quality of his videos are so good that it leaves you hanging and unsure when another video is going to be up

then theres another channel i really like called GoodMyticalMorning. they upload every weekday early in the morning. its very reliable but i know that theyre only able to achieve this because the episode is filmed and edited a few days before its uploaded, with more content ready to go the next day. theyre only able to achieve this with a staff of people

it really depends on your level of skill, the amount of time youre willing to put into it, and then the ability and time of others if you have people working with you. maybe if youre looking to upload more, how about collaborating with someone else with the goal of just producing more?

Charxander Origin

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 25, 2016
YouTube
View attachment 13178

My advice: Commit to what you can actually produce. If you know that no matter what, you can post 2 times a week, but anything more than that becomes sketchy, then do two times a week, it's perfect for you, no reason not to. If you can put something up more often, like every day for example, awesome, go for it. Don't set up unrealistic goals, because that will just break your consistency. I also think it is easier to scale up frequency, because people will enjoy the surprise of an extra video, whereas if you scale back, they will be confused and angry, wondering where the video is. Look at Sky for example, he sometimes (rarely) posts a video late, but when he does, his previous video is SPAMMED with "WHERE IS THE NEW ONE OMG" until he posts the new video.
Hope this helps, have a great day!

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
hello. ^_^ ive been doing a gaming news channel for over 6 months now. i upload one video a day on weekdays in the mid afternoon because i feel like that is the earliest i can get people the information in my show while still being relevant.

it all depends on the type of channel you want to have on youtube. one of my more recent favorites, GradeAUnderA, uploads videos randomly, but the quality of his videos are so good that it leaves you hanging and unsure when another video is going to be up

then theres another channel i really like called GoodMyticalMorning. they upload every weekday early in the morning. its very reliable but i know that theyre only able to achieve this because the episode is filmed and edited a few days before its uploaded, with more content ready to go the next day. theyre only able to achieve this with a staff of people

it really depends on your level of skill, the amount of time youre willing to put into it, and then the ability and time of others if you have people working with you. maybe if youre looking to upload more, how about collaborating with someone else with the goal of just producing more?
That's very true, working with others could be beneficial in the long run for more content. Thank you for your input.
Free healing! PNG icon copy.png

Reactions: Ashley SilverDust