Undertale: Played or Not Played?

IndieBin

Freedom! Member
Sep 29, 2015
YouTube
Hey guys! I recently did a video on Undertale (after having completed it a few weeks ago) and I was wondering what you guys thought?

To hear that big Youtubers like Projared and Caddicarus have rejected the game because of the massive amounts of pressure placed upon them by the Undertale fandom. It's such a shame to find that people are so pushy.

So guys, have you played Undertale? And if not, is it the wide-spread success and community hype that's stopping you?

TheAimGames

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 13, 2014
Where the sun doesn't shine
YouTube
I have played it for 1 episode as a random game, then I have people asking me for more. RPG isn't really my type of game, but I did have fun playing it, I'm not going to lie. But I do feel that it's being too hyped up to the point where people wants to see all their favorite YouTubers play it.

IndieBin

Freedom! Member
Sep 29, 2015
YouTube
I have played it for 1 episode as a random game, then I have people asking me for more. RPG isn't really my type of game, but I did have fun playing it, I'm not going to lie. But I do feel that it's being too hyped up to the point where people wants to see all their favorite YouTubers play it.

Couldn't agree more! And it's wrong for the fandom to pressure people into playing it.

I can see why, though. They want other people to experience what they experience and share in that. Still, doesn't mean we should live through our favourite Youtubers. Especially if the person playing doesn't enjoy the game, then the fandom turns on them like a pack of wolves.

Still, glad to hear you're enjoying it. I'd give it about an hour and, if you can't get into it, it isn't the game for you. But as an RPG, it's not too heavy on the RPG-like elements you see in Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger. Which is good!

Reactions: TheAimGames

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Ive looked at that game several times cause I like RPGs but it just didnt entice me much...
only think I can tell, that I like about it, is its likeness to Earthbound.
Though Ive only seen the steam store page, never seen the game play out....
and no one has ever requested the game on my channel...

IndieBin

Freedom! Member
Sep 29, 2015
YouTube
Ive looked at that game several times cause I like RPGs but it just didnt entice me much...
only think I can tell, that I like about it, is its likeness to Earthbound.
Though Ive only seen the steam store page, never seen the game play out....
and no one has ever requested the game on my channel...

It is A LOT like Earthbound, minus the grinding and the combat system. It's definitely worth a try if the story of Earthbound intrigued you![DOUBLEPOST=1453504839][/DOUBLEPOST]
I haven't played it yet but, it sounds good

It's wonderful. If story games are your think, it's definitely worth a shot.