YouTube Trying to reach 50 subs!?

EverWilde

New User
Jan 30, 2017
North Carolina
YouTube
50 subs?.....so its been my goal since starting youtube, well actually making and uploading content (ive had the channel for a while but never had the nerve to do anything cause i was scared that my content wouldnt be good enough)

NO im not asking you too go over too my channel and sub to me....cause i really want to earn that sub. i dont really like doing that sub4sub thing cause it doesnt really benefit anyone.

Now for my content i upload Pokemon Related stuff. Mainly
Nuzlockes (currently 4 up on me channel currently)
Pokemon TCGO
and there will be more games once i get a bigger audience. Or should i upload them anyway just too bring others too my channel and if they like all of the other content, they would stay???? i dont really know....
but the other games would be like kingdom hearts/FF series/Fire emblem and some others as well

Like i know that my videos really arent all that good, they need some work...slowly getting better and better so im nor really worried about it. so should i just keep on doing what i want too do...or like branch out and what not.
lol but yeah slowly getting to 50. <3 thanks fam

Alkaline Martin

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 17, 2015
Scotland
YouTube
Hey,

Firstly i had a watch of a couple of your videos and you say "i know that my videos really arent all that good" but after watching a Nuzlocke video of yours i need to say personally i think you are mistaken there haha, the video quality was great and the commentary was really good, unfortunately i know nothing/zero/nada about pokemon so yeah lol..

But going onto what you where saying about putting up more contents once you get that bigger audience or should you just start now, well i would say upload some different stuff that way that new audience will see that its not just pokemon you do, because if pokemon isnt their thing and that is the only game there then they have no incentive to stick around.

Here is the thing though, at the end of the day it comes down to if pokemon is what you want to do, what you want for your channel and you are enjoying just doing pokemon then do just go with that and the audience will come, and i'll slightly change a quote from the movie field of dreams here "If you play it, they will come" lol

reading over this.. it might not be all that helpful haha.. but i'll finish with this do what you are happy doing, don't do something you wont enjoy because it will just bring you down. as i tried out games when i first started that i did not enjoy playing just to get videos out there and i started to hate what i was doing untill i decided just to play games and make videos that i enjoy.

Reactions: EverWilde

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
As mentioned by Alkaline Martin above, you should always try and do content that you enjoy and that you want to do. If Pokemon is what you want your channel to be about, and focus on then try and do as many Pokemon videos as you can but try and mix these up - for example maybe a hints and tips on getting certain Pokemon, or best places to catch certain Pokemon, etc etc.

Though on the other hand if your still unsure what your want your channel to focus on then there is no harm in trying something new / some different games if anything you might even increase your chances of being seen as you would have a range of videos for people to potentially come across.

EverWilde

New User
Jan 30, 2017
North Carolina
YouTube
Hey,

Firstly i had a watch of a couple of your videos and you say "i know that my videos really arent all that good" but after watching a Nuzlocke video of yours i need to say personally i think you are mistaken there haha, the video quality was great and the commentary was really good, unfortunately i know nothing/zero/nada about pokemon so yeah lol..

But going onto what you where saying about putting up more contents once you get that bigger audience or should you just start now, well i would say upload some different stuff that way that new audience will see that its not just pokemon you do, because if pokemon isnt their thing and that is the only game there then they have no incentive to stick around.

Here is the thing though, at the end of the day it comes down to if pokemon is what you want to do, what you want for your channel and you are enjoying just doing pokemon then do just go with that and the audience will come, and i'll slightly change a quote from the movie field of dreams here "If you play it, they will come" lol

reading over this.. it might not be all that helpful haha.. but i'll finish with this do what you are happy doing, don't do something you wont enjoy because it will just bring you down. as i tried out games when i first started that i did not enjoy playing just to get videos out there and i started to hate what i was doing untill i decided just to play games and make videos that i enjoy.
Thank you for the insight :) those kind words made my day a little better! And it really was helpful cause I haven't been uploading that long so I really need all the help I can get, so I think I'll branch out a play a few different games and see where that takes me. Once again thank you![DOUBLEPOST=1486656281][/DOUBLEPOST]
As mentioned by Alkaline Martin above, you should always try and do content that you enjoy and that you want to do. If Pokemon is what you want your channel to be about, and focus on then try and do as many Pokemon videos as you can but try and mix these up - for example maybe a hints and tips on getting certain Pokemon, or best places to catch certain Pokemon, etc etc.

Though on the other hand if your still unsure what your want your channel to focus on then there is no harm in trying something new / some different games if anything you might even increase your chances of being seen as you would have a range of videos for people to potentially come across.
I plan on doing a top 5 series here soon and some other videos as well like tips and tricks, as you mentioned before :) thank You! I'll keep at it and I'll see where it goes!

Reactions: Alkaline Martin

Magikarp Films

Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Jan 11, 2017
YouTube
for real i know people "hate" the word "sub for sub" but in this case not a bad idea "if the person who's asking is doing the same idea of interest as you are playing or making videos of. other then that i get where you are at. with the earning of the sub. my idea, well look around youtube in general to what you like to do and see how people are making them self get known. why i ask? well i didn't just get from 1 sub to 600+ from shooting in the dark and hoping it will happen with in less then 4 months of work. key notes. make sure your content for people to find you is clear and clean. make sure your stuff is short to the point. and editing is your friend "BIG TIME" if you don't live stream. all this can be found on youtube it's self look around for like exp: how to videos for making youtube page look good to, what type of editing, what to record, what cam, what mic,...... you get the idea. look into what you love or like to do with people that have done this. and you will get up and going.. anyways peace ;)