VR Trivia Challenge Via Skype (chance to collab with many others)

DraycosDragon

Respected User
Freedom! Member
I'm thinking of starting a trivia challenge using Skype. There will be 4 rounds. And since I'm hosting this challenge, I would need at least 2 competitors per episode. This would be a great way for everyone to get a chance to collab with me (and each other of course). All 4 rounds are shown below. If this works out, then this MIGHT be turned into a series and maybe even a competition/tournament.

NOTE: Anywhere that it says "challenge" means anything from answering a question, to doing a humiliation type challenge, to eating hot peppers... and pretty much anything else along those lines (none of which involved death or actual harm) BUT it would help to inform if there's any "challenges" that you can NOT do (due to things such as allergies, items unavailable for you currently, etc) AND I DO NOT TAKE "I JUST CAN'T" OR "TOO LAZY" OR "I DON'T WANT TO" AS ACCEPTABLE EXCUSES. IF YOU APPLIED TO THE SERIES, THEN YOU ARE WILLINGLY ACCEPTING WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN AT THE END OF THE VIDEO(S). YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED IN THIS THREAD ABOUT WHAT COULD HAPPEN. SO DON'T TELL ME YOU DIDN'T KNOW.

REQUIREMENTS:
All you really need is Skype, a decent mic/headset, and you need to be at least 16 years old or older. And you must be willing to show yourself on video via Skype. Mainly because alot of the challenges within this trivia thing will include visuals.

CAN ANYONE RECORD/STREAM DURING THE EPISODES?
Yes. Anyone in the trivia challenge CAN record/stream if they want. Just have to inform me and whoever else is in the video

ROUNDS:
#1: TAKE A CHANCE
In this round it is literally just questions where there's a 25% chance to get a question correctly. 1 correct answer equals 1 point

#2: CLOSE ENOUGH
In this round it is mostly just number-based questions. Most questions will require you to be the closest OR be within a ## range from the correct number. However, if both players are close, then whoever is the closest gets the point. 1 correct answer equals 2 points

#3: PLAY OR PASS
In this round you are only given a topic of the question. Then you must choose to either PLAY (meaning you have to guess the question yourself) or PASS (meaning the other player guesses the question). Not all questions will be chance-based or number-based like the first 2 rounds. However, the point system changes.
  • If you choose to PLAY, you get 3 points if you guess correctly. But if you're wrong, you lose 1 point and you give the other player a chance to try. Since it wasn't their own question at this point, then they won't lose if they guess wrong. But they get 1 points if they are correct
  • If you choose to PASS, the other player gets to try for the question. However, they only get 2 points for the correct answer. If they get it wrong, then they lose 1 point and you get to try but only for 1 point. If you get it wrong too, then you don't lose a point.

#4: YOU BET!
In this round both players get the topic of the question that is about to come up and BOTH PLAYERS must make bets (using their collected points of course). Once the bets are placed, the question is mentioned. Then both players get 30 seconds to choose their answer. Once the time is up, they must BOTH hit ENTER (even if they were not finished typing their answer). If they are correct, they WIN the points they bet. If they are wrong, they LOSE the points they bet. (for example... if they bet 15 points and they win but their original total before the bets was at 85, then they would gain 15 points to the total making it 100. if they were wrong, then they lose that 15 points and are now at 70 points) NOTE: There's NOT a max for the point-betting... just as long as the player can afford it (for example: they can't bet 25 points if they only have 24)

ANY QUESTIONS?
if you have any questions or have any suggestions for this idea, please PM me. DO NOT PLACE YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND QUESTIONS IN HERE BECAUSE I WANT TO MAKE SURE THE THREAD IS CLEAR FOR THOSE WHO ARE WANTING TO APPLY FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A COLLAB SPOT IN THE VIDEOS)