Total time to upload?

BliZil

Rising User
Feb 6, 2016
YouTube
How long do you guys spend to upload your videos on youtube?

I am uploading a 30 min video and it took me around 75 min to complete it (just uploading, not including the processing on youtube)
I hope my internet goes better but ... i guess 75 min isnt too bad. Before if i upload with MAX graphics, it took me like 14 hours lol, that was a pain~

So lets discuss, just curious :)

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
My internet speed is similar to yours...

But i have a friend who would take days to upload that long of a video...

And i also know people who can upload it faster than it takes to watch it...

Qwerts

Freedom! Member
Oct 25, 2014
YouTube
I currently get about 0.71 upload speed (maximum), my latest video took 14 hours to upload. I would love your internet pls

BliZil

Rising User
Feb 6, 2016
YouTube
I am thinking how low to keep my quality of my video in order to increase timing for upload.. I still want my viewers to watch 720p X_X

MemoGaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2014
UK
YouTube
A 2-5 min 1080p video takes me around an hour on a good day, but anything over 10 minutes will take around 2-5 hours. Living in the countryside gives me the worst internet xD

TurtleTV

New User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2014
YouTube
Uploading a 30 minute video would take about 5-10 minutes if I'm plugged in, but about 45 minutes to an hour on wifi.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
I guess I'm luckier.. A 30 minute video would probably take me about 15-20 minutes to upload, if less!

I'm in the same boat. Usually in that range and sometimes 30-45 minutes on a bad day (There are rare exceptions where it gets really long on the end of several hours but those are only exceptions)

Either way I always feel lucky that I'm in a good internet situation. Could never imagine trying to upload 2-5 GB of video daily on someone elses internet.

Reactions: Enmoshin

GLP Matty

CEO and Founder of Illuminati
Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
Uploading time? A 15 minutes video is like 5-7 minutes at most if my internet was having a bad day. I could upload a 30 minute video in 10 minutes on a good day but now and then it could take like 15. I like that though because it gives me time to edit the description and stuff.

Torbert

Rising User
Aug 5, 2014
YouTube
When I used Sony Vegas, it would take around 6 hours to upload a 1,5 minute video. Now that I am using Adobe, the upload time is extremely low.