To Live Stream.... Or Not To Live Stream... That is the semi-important question today

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
For the past little bit I've been contemplating about adding an hour or two one day a week to live stream some content. Not sure what yet, but in general just to live stream. My problem is that I'm not sure if I should do it or no. I've had some of my subscribers recommend I do, as I can be very engaging with my audience, but I find when I live stream, I hardly get any viewers watching let alone none. So sometimes It can be a real momentum killer. Now don't think I'm expecting 100's right away because that's unrealistic, but at least a few which interact and just have a good time.

What are your recommendations for live streaming? Preferred software? [I use OBS] Which platform is preferred, Youtube Red or Twitch?

I do want to get back into live streaming, but another problem I have is the limited games I can play due to my processor. But, I will be updating relatively soon so hopefully that shouldn't be a huge problem.

But ya, let me know your thoughts, and opinions.

Thank you.

Free Healing for you!
HPH_Potion_2.png

darkcade1

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 23, 2015
YouTube
I have been Primarily Live Streaming for the past few months using Youtube Live (on PS 4) and generally only get 1-4 viewers at a time but they are generally very interactive and a majority are not my subscribers.
When I was live streaming on PC I was using OBS which for free you cannot beat functionality.
Twitch I found the user base tended to expect a lot more from a live stream which is not unexpected given its main form is a live streaming format.

For my Two Cents I have found Youtube to be awesome for live streaming in terms of setup and viewership at time of streaming. Interactivity with fans is 50/50 for Twitch/Youtube.
and for software OBS because its free and even with a lower processor/bandwidth etc can be tweaked to work.

Reactions: HealPleaseHeal
Y

YourSimpleGamer

I will be doing all my playthroughs live and eventually work to twitch, but thats a long goal.