Tips & Tricks Tips on Quality

Capt_Dark

Freedom! Member
Mar 12, 2017
YouTube
Hey Captain Dark here and I'm here to help you.

Let me start by saying hello freedom family hope you all are doing well now let's begin...

Gameplay quality and streaming:

Let's be honest no one wants to see anything below 480p anymore and for that many hardly anyone the only reason 480p is even around still is due to the fact that not every one has access to good internet, but that is no excuse for us to have poor quality. Please make sure you try and render your videos in 1080p or at least 720p of all things it does not need to be 1440p or 4k yet so those two are just optional. So if you can 1080p or 720p is fine. Now that also includes when you stream. I mean who wants to watch a stream with crappy quality all pixelated and stuff no one we want to see a consistent stream, no artifacts, no jumping, and no freezing. Somethings can't be helped and that's ok but on a normal basis those should not be occurring. Choose a game that's fun to you not necessarily to everyone else. Have fun doing your videos you shouldn't feel distraught playing them.

AUDIO:

Where do I even start...I see many man good video's properly tagged and labeled, BUT I can't watch them. why because of the hideous audio. I know we all have to start some where but come on. If you're going to make a 20-30min video and the gameplay is lit but the audio have a lot of ear rape going on people will click off just as fast as they clicked on it. Audacity use please it's FREE don't have to pay a damn! For those who can afford it or saving up for some better gear, let me help you out XLR INPUTS ARE GREAT, yes I know usb mics especially on a budget are also great, but keep in mind we are trying to get good audio and we all know our usb port could be used for other stuff I know I've been there. Why XLR Captain? Well they generally produce less signal noise so producing a much cleaner signal. Sound is amazing compared to most usb mics. So with that said get one please. Get a decent mixer board also to go with it the Scarlett 2i2 is a great cheap choice. Now if you really want something good get your self a DBX 286s love it love it love it!. It has so many features its like have audacity but in your home. Doesn't produce any lag I haven't had an issue with it yet and mind you it can power most mics with 60db of gain available and a phantom 48v power so get it if you can afford it works with xlr mics only trust me you will not regret it! If you need any help let me know I am always willing to help.

Acceptance:

If you suck you suck no excuses lol accept it and move people will criticize you take it as a complement and get better that's all you can really do. People want to see you fall you show them differently.

Again if you need help let me know I am ALWAYS willing help out!

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
The only main downside with a XLR mic setup is its not cheap, like what you've suggested would cost around $100 (rough estimate). Many can't afford such prices for equipment when first starting. Though I do plan to get an XLR in the future myself its more when I have the money and time to get it. Maybe offer suggestions on how to improve audio quality on really budget mics? I feel many people will find it useful. Just a suggestion.​

Capt_Dark

Freedom! Member
Mar 12, 2017
YouTube
The only main downside with a XLR mic setup is its not cheap, like what you've suggested would cost around $100 (rough estimate). Many can't afford such prices for equipment when first starting. Though I do plan to get an XLR in the future myself its more when I have the money and time to get it. Maybe offer suggestions on how to improve audio quality on really budget mics? I feel many people will find it useful. Just a suggestion.​
Hey no problem simple really for those who don't know Dev_J brings up a good point I failed to inform the family on how to get good quality with USB mics so I will apologize for that!

Now to answer. Usb mics unless they are properly shielded like most of your equipment should be are notorious for picking up emf. So unfortunately most of us are on a budget including me lol. So if you are going to use a usb mic be sure to invest in HIGH QUALITY cables. Shielded cables can be found on amazon and ebay for a decent price. These cables can dramatically reduce the noise that the mic picks up meaning less noise introduced in your videos which ultimately means less reduction you have to do post recording. Another step make sure your room is as quiet as possible. I understand some people can't help it and kids can interfere with quietness lol I have a daughter I know lol. Get some sound foam that will keep unwanted noise lower. Running shorter cables can reduce signal degradation meaning a better quality coming through. Last but not least before starting your videos wait 5 seconds before starting that way you can get a noise profile to remove after your done. This will help usb mics stay quieter some noise can't be avoided I know but no buzzing screeching and excessively loud noise should be in your videos and long periods of quiet should be cut this should reduce the noise noticing.