Tips & Tricks Tips for everyone on getting more subscribers

G

Gods of Odds

This is mainly for everyone to list their own tips for other people so they can see different peoples opinions and we can see if different people have different ideas but I will list a few things that I know could help but you probably already know,

1. Advertise, for example go onto social media and share your videos, make posts on Twitter and facebook, get popular. One way of getting followers on Twitter is following other people and they sometimes will follow you back. Also of course make sure you actually make a Twitter and Facebook page for your channel.

2. Go on forums (mainly gaming or YouTube forums). Post your videos on there so people can see them and hopefully that will give you more views and maybe more subscribers. Go on forums like Reddit, Obviously Freedom, I think its Tech games and there are a lot more forums out there.

3. This is the last thing I will say and its to have people on your featured channel and ask them to put them on yours as this way you can share subscribers, their subscribers will see you and your subscribers will see them so it's good for both of you.

I hope this helps and like I said at the top feel free to post any of your tips that you might think will help people get more subscribers.

Reactions: Ashley Rodrigues

PokemonBargains

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 21, 2016
YouTube
Thanks for the tips and for a new Poketuber i will put those tips too good use and what's the best way to ask other Youtubers to feature a small channel like mine.

G

Gods of Odds

Thanks for the tips and for a new Poketuber i will put those tips too good use and what's the best way to ask other Youtubers to feature a small channel like mine.
Well I normally just send people a message asking if they want to feature me on their and i'll do the same but I recommend focusing on people with around the same amount of subscribers as you.

PokemonBargains

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 21, 2016
YouTube
Well I normally just send people a message asking if they want to feature me on their and i'll do the same but I recommend focusing on people with around the same amount of subscribers as you.

I see i am just a small channel with almost a 100 subs and do you think other big channels would even give me the time of day?

G

Gods of Odds

I see i am just a small channel with almost a 100 subs and do you think other big channels would even give me the time of day?
I would recommended only doing it with people with around the same subscribers as you or they will probably just ignore you. If I was you I would probably ask people with 50-150 subscribers and see what happens.

PokemonBargains

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 21, 2016
YouTube
Thanks for the tips mate, now just have to basically find people with around the same number of subs and hope they have some interest in Pokemon :)

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
This is mainly for everyone to list their own tips for other people so they can see different peoples opinions and we can see if different people have different ideas but I will list a few things that I know could help but you probably already know,

1. Advertise, for example go onto social media and share your videos, make posts on Twitter and facebook, get popular. One way of getting followers on Twitter is following other people and they sometimes will follow you back. Also of course make sure you actually make a Twitter and Facebook page for your channel.

2. Go on forums (mainly gaming or YouTube forums). Post your videos on there so people can see them and hopefully that will give you more views and maybe more subscribers. Go on forums like Reddit, Obviously Freedom, I think its Tech games and there are a lot more forums out there.

3. This is the last thing I will say and its to have people on your featured channel and ask them to put them on yours as this way you can share subscribers, their subscribers will see you and your subscribers will see them so it's good for both of you.

I hope this helps and like I said at the top feel free to post any of your tips that you might think will help people get more subscribers.
I'm going to go ahead and point out some pretty serious holes here.

If you want to share your videos, do so only on pages and places that you personally own and operate. Posting in places that are dedicated to YouTubers results in people viewing your videos as another method to get theirs known, you end up with "great video, check out my stuff" comments littering your channel from people desperate to get a single subscriber.
Posting just anywhere without permission from the owner is spam, and it's only spam. There is no working around it, it's nothing else, it's spam.

If you go onto a YouTuber-based forum, not only are you not likely to get any subscribers, you're not likely to get views either. Look at the advertising section of our forums here, and look at how many of them have replies... All but one post on that page has absolutely no replies, at all. The only one that does was something that could help out you rather than the person advertising (I think it is music you can use).
So advertising in places dedicated to YouTubers nets zero or close to it because people are going selfish. YouTubers do not grow together, they grow at their own pace based on what the GYC (greater YouTube community) thinks of them. Your true viewers, the people your content is made for, is definitely NOT going to be found on this forum. Your intended viewers don't even know those subreddits and forums even exist, so they are not going to find your stuff there.

Feature4Feature is an interesting idea, but it only would work with people you personally collaborate with and are connected to you in some way. I can't feature PewDiePie, ask him to feature me back, and then get featured. It just doesn't work that way, at all... and honestly, I can't even remember the last time I even visited another channel based on the featured bar.

There's some holes. The takeaway from this is that you cannot rely on other people in a forum or social media outlet to get you the views and subscribers you desire. You must work with the platform, the only platform, that those intended to view your videos know about. That is YouTube.

G

Gods of Odds

I'm going to go ahead and point out some pretty serious holes here.

If you want to share your videos, do so only on pages and places that you personally own and operate. Posting in places that are dedicated to YouTubers results in people viewing your videos as another method to get theirs known, you end up with "great video, check out my stuff" comments littering your channel from people desperate to get a single subscriber.
Posting just anywhere without permission from the owner is spam, and it's only spam. There is no working around it, it's nothing else, it's spam.

If you go onto a YouTuber-based forum, not only are you not likely to get any subscribers, you're not likely to get views either. Look at the advertising section of our forums here, and look at how many of them have replies... All but one post on that page has absolutely no replies, at all. The only one that does was something that could help out you rather than the person advertising (I think it is music you can use).
So advertising in places dedicated to YouTubers nets zero or close to it because people are going selfish. YouTubers do not grow together, they grow at their own pace based on what the GYC (greater YouTube community) thinks of them. Your true viewers, the people your content is made for, is definitely NOT going to be found on this forum. Your intended viewers don't even know those subreddits and forums even exist, so they are not going to find your stuff there.

Feature4Feature is an interesting idea, but it only would work with people you personally collaborate with and are connected to you in some way. I can't feature PewDiePie, ask him to feature me back, and then get featured. It just doesn't work that way, at all... and honestly, I can't even remember the last time I even visited another channel based on the featured bar.

There's some holes. The takeaway from this is that you cannot rely on other people in a forum or social media outlet to get you the views and subscribers you desire. You must work with the platform, the only platform, that those intended to view your videos know about. That is YouTube.
Yes I agree with there are holes in it but it is all meant as a guide and with pewdiepie of course he wouldn't but I mean people with around the same amount of subscribers as you. Also when you first start a YouTube channel is there any downside to posting on your own social video? Is it not best to get exposure wherever you can even if it is just a small chance because like I said you wouldn't lose anything from it so why not? I am not saying this will definitely get you more viewers but it is simply meant as guide and like most guides it is not some amazing way that will guarantee more subscribers but is just a possible way that could help.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Yes I agree with there are holes in it but it is all meant as a guide and with pewdiepie of course he wouldn't but I mean people with around the same amount of subscribers as you. Also when you first start a YouTube channel is there any downside to posting on your own social video? Is it not best to get exposure wherever you can even if it is just a small chance because like I said you wouldn't lose anything from it so why not? I am not saying this will definitely get you more viewers but it is simply meant as guide and like most guides it is not some amazing way that will guarantee more subscribers but is just a possible way that could help.
There is exposure, and 'exposure' is good, but you're viewing it wrong.

Here's how I view exposure. It's all about who is gets exposed to, if your gaming channel gets exposed to an audience that is either generic or tuned to the wrong kind of content, you're going to reap no reward. You want it to be shown to like-minded people, and as detailed before, exposing it to an audience of YouTubers is exposing it to the most selfish audience on the internet.
Again, view the content section on these forum. Hundreds and hundreds of posts, most of which with no responses from the community. Nobody wants to simply view another persons video for the purpose of viewing it. People in the review section, however, are more likely to get a response since they are looking for a review, a way to better what they do, rather than to get views or some kind of immediate channel-based gain through the use of the forum. This is mirrored throughout subreddits and other forum services.

In YouTube, there is no loss when you get exposure, only gain. Specifically, there are two types of gain
There is positive gain, which is where people who are pleased with your work manage to see your content. Then there is negative gain, where people are displeased with your work or method of advertisement.
Shamelessly advertising like Mr. Luke did above is a great way to see negative exposure.

In my view, YouTube is meant to be an introverted experience on the channel side. The content creation aspect can be as community oriented as you want, but operating and growing the channel should only be pitted by YOU on YouTube. It's not ForumTube or FameTube. Proper and visible success on YouTube is most consistent when you use YouTube and only YouTube (and your manipulation of) to get views and subscribers.

Subscribers are people, they have priorities, wants, and needs. They won't subscribe or view because you showed up somewhere and told them to.

G

Gods of Odds

Again I do agree with you mostly and yes of course subscribers are real people who want things and I always believe your subscribers are your priority and you should always listen to what they say and keep interacting with them and basically just be social with them. I would say treat them as your friends not just random people who subscribe to you, I know I don't have loads of subs right now but I do try to treat the people who are subscribed to me as friends and not random people.

Also yes of course YouTube should be your priority but tell me what harm is there in going on forums and telling people about yourself? Sure they probably won't bother to think about your channel but what harm is there in trying? And again yes I would say not to just keep advertising your channel to anyone and anywhere but for example just do it once like in the introduce yourself part of the forums because again like I said what harm is there in doing it and it's not like it takes loads of time. Also of course don't just say to people go look at my channel and subscribe as they will only subscribe if they want to and just saying this is my channel go and subscribe to see what I do will not gain anything. If you are going to try and do that then you gave to tell them about your channel and what you will be posting and tell them about yourself.

To do with the featured channels yes of course do not have people on your featured channels who have no relevance to your channel, for example my channel is mainly about gaming so I would only have other gaming channels on my featured channels.