Thoughts on shoutouts!

Folke Siren

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
I have been looking for collaboratons in the collab section recently and I have seen some shoutout posts, now there is nothing wrong with that. But these people like many other youtubers want to only give shoutouts to people who sub to them and stay active! I have seen this problem even like 2 years ago and because of these posts I got reminded of the problems with these series! Bigger youtubers who want to do shoutouts should in my opinion just give shoutouts to channels they really like and think are under appreciated and not gain anything from it themselves, shoutouts are meant to help smaller channels not your own! I just wanted to bring this to light and voice my opinion on the matter. If I get bigger on youtube some someday I will make series that only requires you to have good content on your channel and not to subscribe!
What are your thoughts on shoutouts?
Well of course you have to subscribe and be active on their channel XD Of course they want to get subs and grow too with the help of the series ! I personally think that shoutouts are a great way to gain audience and visibility :) !

tActhImo

Respected User
Well of course you have to subscribe and be active on their channel XD Of course they want to get subs and grow too with the help of the series ! I personally think that shoutouts are a great way to gain audience and visibility :) !
Well shoutouts are a thing to help other people out but nowadays it is a thing to help yourself out because you ask for a sub and they will get a slight chance of getting a shoutout shoutouts are meant to come from the heart and out of respect. Everyone wants something in return of what they give well isnt the feeling that you helped someone out enough? Because if it isnt then you are only doing shoutouts for the wrong reasons. And you only get people that subbed to you because they want a shoutout and not because they like you and your content

Folke Siren

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Well shoutouts are a thing to help other people out but nowadays it is a thing to help yourself out because you ask for a sub and they will get a slight chance of getting a shoutout shoutouts are meant to come from the heart and out of respect. Everyone wants something in return of what they give well isnt the feeling that you helped someone out enough? Because if it isnt then you are only doing shoutouts for the wrong reasons. And you only get people that subbed to you because they want a shoutout and not because they like you and your content
Well yeah you have a point :)