YouTube Thinking about a name change??

iGoDZoFLuiGii

Respected User
Freedom! Member
I know where your coming from, Ive been in the same similar debate with my second channel. It doesn't matter how long you been on YouTube or how big your channel is, if you need a name change to help your audience better understand your channel, then go for it. But also note that some channel names such as my gaming one, may have some history background to its name and what it represents.

By looking at your channel I can tell you do gaming videos, but not only that but on Lets Plays. I too started my gaming channel on doing Walkthroughs of Pokemon Games, and still to this day I make lets play videos for that channel. The channel name I started YouTube with is iGoDZoFLuiGii, now the only gaming trait is Luigi in the title, and many people think im a mario / luigi channel, but my channel name was created by my brother back in the days of call of duty 4, round the time when gamebattles was popular and a major thing for call of duty games, it represents not only my channel now, but the name lets me to remember my past and the friends I bonded with and my brother who is always there for me growing up. I could have easily changed the name at any point but decided not too for these reasons.

However I can give you a name change I did for my second channel, originally called TheLuiGiiShow. A channel i made for non gaming videos, meaning videos in real life or vlogs as people call it now, but instead of vlogs I done few clips here and there, eventually I decided to do Unboxing videos, a series I been doing successfully on the channel now with over 300+ videos in over a year, the channel also does arcade videos, top 10s and soon to be reviews on games and movies. So I changed the name of that channel to Home of Entertainment, as it will suit all projects on the channel.

So when making your channel name it should come from you directly or from around you. Try make it clear, simple to remember and original if possible.

Reactions: LPSprouts