There is NO formula

tippsy711

Freedom! Member
Feb 20, 2016
Canadia
YouTube
drake_loch
Good day everyone! Yesterday I was thinking, is there really a "Formula" for getting popular on Youtube? I came to the conclusion that there is not. Everyone on Freedom seems to think that there is a Formula and that if you follow it ingredient for ingredient, you will get big. Then the same person will say, "Be Original". This is a load of horse poop that contradicts its self. I think the best thing to do is to is be entertaining. You can have the highest quality video and suck behind because you are a drone and boring.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
There is no one-size-fits-all sock for YouTube content creation. Everyone works and creates differently and that ultimately creates a new and unique set of rules for what should and should not be done on ones channel.

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
Honestly, the biggest formula I see is be entertaining and be consistent. Quality and all that stuff does factor in, but people don't realize it might take 1000 videos before you really start getting noticed. I definitely can agree, though, that everyone needs to stop focusing on figuring out a formula and focus more on content

RewindThatGaming

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2016
Ashland, PA
YouTube
I just focused on the gameplay and mine topics in lets play and try be that guy to remembered but I don't worry about formula and just wait for mine time to hit :)

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Good day everyone! Yesterday I was thinking, is there really a "Formula" for getting popular on Youtube? I came to the conclusion that there is not. Everyone on Freedom seems to think that there is a Formula and that if you follow it ingredient for ingredient, you will get big. Then the same person will say, "Be Original". This is a load of horse poop that contradicts its self. I think the best thing to do is to is be entertaining. You can have the highest quality video and suck behind because you are a drone and boring.
I feel like there is a formula though, but not to get instant gratification. If you have higher quality equipment, a nice personality, you look average, and give up a warm feeling, people can come to you with time. Of course there's a lot behind the scenes, but the basis is there ^^

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
This is the problem though, there is no formula that eliminates this factor.
I still feel like there is a formula for reaching out to people, and an equation that can be solved with enough effort. Everything can be widdled down to researching. Time can definitely be expedited if you know the right people.

The Gaming Heretic

Well-Known User
Aug 1, 2014
YouTube

I would disagree. For instance, If you want to make an original and delicious cake.. You're still going to use some of the same ingredients everyone else does. There decidedly is a formula for growing on youtube. I challenge you to upload a video with no tags, and then upload one with effective tags.. dollars to donuts you see a difference who watches your videos.

Same with thumbnails

same with intros..

and on, and on.

Additionally, if there was no 'formula' then you would see all of the major youtubers widely varying - but there is quite a bit that they do consistently the same. Channel intros, thumbnails, tagging.. Just because it doesn't immediately yield results.. does not mean it is not effective.

UnstoppableFrost

Well-Known User
Mar 1, 2016
Australia
YouTube
A lot of people with really good content dont get realised but YouTube is basically a site about luck, if you get lucky and somone big shouts you out or something big happens that's when your channel will start growing

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
A lot of people with really good content dont get realised but YouTube is basically a site about luck, if you get lucky and somone big shouts you out or something big happens that's when your channel will start growing
It's not as much about luck as it would be about doing the right thing. YouTube is a workplace, for this example, we'll refer to it as a business.
You open up an Ice Cream shop in your town, the first of its kind, and you get loads of attention for it.
Then someone else opens another shop, and all of a sudden 1000 others pop up per day. Then you aren't going to get as attention as they are claiming to have better ice cream than the other thousands in the town.

The first few originals still get praise as there were there first, but the new ones will never likely take off.