The sucky hard truth when you get serious

The Gaming Heretic

Well-Known User
Aug 1, 2014
YouTube
So I've started a new program to get my Youtube career into gear. And the sucky truth about such a thing? I've sucked in alot of ways and areas for the past year or so (years, really). When you get serious about wanting to do it and you want to learn.. You realize how much you have to learn and how far you have to go.. Ahh well, fix the mistakes and keep it moving..

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. -Thomas Edison

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Definitely not an easy career to get into. If it's something you are passionate about I'm sure you can make it work but probably a good idea to also have a backup plan also. Do you want to do youtube as a career by making videos, or just generally working with youtube?

Demkeys

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2014
YouTube
abhinav_Demkeys
Getting the ball rolling can be a little challenging, but it's all worth the effort if, eventually, you are able to make a living doing what you love doing.
Best of luck.

PixelatedAngel

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 20, 2016
YouTube
There are always several different ways to make one thing work. It's not always one way. Don't look through tutorials. You will get confused between your way and theirs. Do you.

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
I know where you going trough. but you must just keep going. every mistake is another lesson ;). so don't just look on your mistakes and wrong choices but learn of it and keep going! no matter what happens!

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Youtube is a long and tough road to walk. In my 3 years i have changed alot, revamped my channel, made changes to my description all with the eye on improvement.

I have learned so much in the last couple years, looked into different things and there is just so much to learn. But! When one is truly dedicated and enjoys what he does then it will all be well worth it :D

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
So I've started a new program to get my Youtube career into gear. And the sucky truth about such a thing? I've sucked in alot of ways and areas for the past year or so (years, really). When you get serious about wanting to do it and you want to learn.. You realize how much you have to learn and how far you have to go.. Ahh well, fix the mistakes and keep it moving..

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. -Thomas Edison
I feel like I have a lot to learn still, even though I've been working on Youtube off/on. It's nice that we can all share our experiences, and help out during our time of struggling. Staying motivated is the hardest part :eek:

Perrie McGuire

CMS Manager
Freedom! Member
Make YouTube your hobby for the time being, work or find a job that will help fund it until you have the equipment you need to take things seriously. Make consistent compelling videos that will entertain your audience don't think about making it a career just focus on your content and generally enjoy yourself, fans, people watching your videos can easily pick up if you're trying to hard so just be yourself and I am sure it will happen when you least expect it.

Find your own path, niche and style for creating content no one likes a copy and paste content creator that spends to much time copying ideas from other YouTubers just use the tutorials or editing styles to carve your own videos but in a way that is so different from other content creators.

Never be afraid of trying new things or making mistakes it is how we learn to become better content creators.