The Struggle on YouTube

Devon Goth

Rising User
Dec 14, 2014
YouTube
========
Well mate first of all.. Never give up what you are doing.
Second : You need to do some Social Media and interact with people.
I started in 2012 and I have over 1200 subscribers and about 680.000 views on 1 channel.
You need to know what you want to do. Gaming videos , Funny Videos , Mix ones ..
You need to do at least 4 videos per week and share thru social media since it's very important to get your videos out to the people.
So never give up your dream and keep it together..
We are here for you with ideas and more..
Just ask !

I use Twitter mostly. I post my videos on Twitter and my social media platforms really aren't doing the trick. I guess I could me more active on Twitter and see if that helps. Maybe I can post more than just videos. Thanks for the advice! It really helped!

lightningforce

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 26, 2015
YouTube
lightningforce9
Yeah you shouldn't give up. Keep going for it. I would think that we've all been there at some point. Unfortunately success doesn't come over night unless your lucky. Keep posting those videos and working hard and success will come to you. That's a mantra not just for YouTube but for life as well.

Reactions: Devon Goth

Devon Goth

Rising User
Dec 14, 2014
YouTube
I use Twitter mostly. I post my videos on Twitter and my social media platforms really aren't doing the trick. I guess I could me more active on Twitter and see if that helps. Maybe I can post more than just videos.
Yeah you shouldn't give up. Keep going for it. I would think that we've all been there at some point. Unfortunately success doesn't come over night unless your lucky. Keep posting those videos and working hard and success will come to you. That's a mantra not just for YouTube but for life as well.

I'll take the advice! Thank you!

JustJacob

Rising User
Dec 25, 2015
YouTube
It's never gonna be easy to succeed anywhere, especially YouTube now given that everybody is doing it, which is partially why I gave up trying to succeed and instead now I just do YouTube for the fun of it, it's creatively fulfilling to me and even if I don't get the reception of Markiplier or PewDiePie or The Creatures or whoever, I'm still proud of the work I do and the response (however little it may be) that I get from them. I don't know if that'll help your perspective, I have also been doing YouTube for a while, since 2012 actually, but only recently I decided to start fresh and I feel a lot better about it - a clean slate as it was haha

Deron Campbell

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 3, 2015
YouTube
You are maybe so close to success, so don't give up. Your next video could be the video that gives you the big break through so just continue working hard. I started to grow at a faster rate now after a few months just by not giving up and continue doing what I love, so do not look at sub count for now just continue to make great videos. The subs and views will come in due time.

Smitty

May 3, 2015
YouTube
Friend, you are not alone. I've pretty much tried, and failed doing different things on youtube. The struggle really is real, especially when something like this is being done. But you have to remind yourself that you have to go to a point where people will go back, but you have to keep going. (Shia Labeouf moment) And think big, my friend. Don't think about putting a dent on the community. Think bigger, go farther, become greater. All your hard work will eventually pay off. It may take more than a while, but just keep believing, and keep the vision in your head.

Rise up.
-DJ Khaled

illumANark

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 4, 2015
Though the tide is rising for the established channels, there is a chance to get out there and be seen, I have not achieved the formula, but all Algorithms have a straight forward solution that will allow you to stand out in the ebbing tide. When that is determined I will apply it, and see where it leads, I am starting another channel specifically for IRL Vlogging

ajaxinx

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 17, 2015
Barcelona, Spain
YouTube
I see people with all these subscribers and views. These big YouTubers have all these fans that they interact with and meet up with. I get kind of jealous because of it. I've been on YouTube since 2011 with multiple channels, but I never got the breakthrough yet. I've thought about giving up on my dreams and just forget about YouTube in general. I'm grateful for the subs and fans I have, but I won't be able to entertain them forever if I can't make my life all about YouTube. Not a lot of people give my channel or even me a chance to make people smile. I can't seem to put a dent in the community. If I can't put a dent then what's the point of trying and coming back for years and years?

I'm going to keep trying to make videos and entertain people. Entertainment and making people happy and smile is my #1 priority on YouTube. I'll keep fighting and I won't give up, but I only have 3 years of high school left. If I can't make a dent by then, I'll let myself down and the fans who watch my videos.

I'm making this post just to see who reads it and comments. I want to know that I am not alone on YouTube. I want to know that their are people like me who can't put a dent in the community. Maybe we can all just work together until we finally make a breakthrough.
It will be my first year anniversary on youtube soon so you could say i'm still a newbie but i think that the best you can do is have fun with the videos you upload and if you get to a point that you don't enjoy making them anymore just quit. I follow that myself i upload because i enjoy it and of course i would like to become big on youtube but i only make videos because i enjoy it.