The Isolation of Isabelle (Game Development Project)

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Last Updated: 22/03/17

So if you couldn't guess from the title I'm going to working on a game somewhat. Its no release title or anything, its just a little fun and practice for me in preparation for university. so I'm going to go over some stuff about the game and link the playlist which will have the update videos on the project as well as the dedicated page on my website for the project.​

Screenshots?
(as this literately started yesterday I don't have any game screenshots yet, please be patient on this)​

What kind of game is this (Genre)?
This is a basic action / adventure game, however the main character isn't able to fight at the stage in the game I'm working on. Mainly because I don't have the equipment to make combat yet as it would need motion capture to make the animations the way they should be. The basic goal is to get home which will have some small puzzles / platforming along the way but not the normal style, its going to be more of a subtle platforming if anything.

The Story
So the story is quite long and expansive in an open world style. However that isn't realistically possible within the time I have so I'm focusing on just the introduction of the main character "Isabelle" and her first story which is nice and short. To briefly cover her intro, she is a girl just out wondering a field, get hit with a meteor containing a star which bonds with her & gives her a energy based power. She then see's aircraft heading towards her and runs. She pretty much gets chased throughout the game until she meets a ally which the star inside her is pushing her to. (END OF INTRO)

The Level & Art Style
so the level would be pretty open world with a path being shown and a time limit on the HUD to show how long it will be until your caught which will go up and down dependant on how you move around. The art style will be a rather flat colour style with little detail, mainly to save time really as I want to get as far through as I can in the time I have.

F.A.Q
Can I get a copy of the game project when its finished?
Well I hope to be able to put it up on my website for download when its done.

Can I help out with the game?
depends what you can offer really, I don't plan to accept any help at this time as it is mainly for practice.

Can I test the game?
you sure can when I have a version the game to be ready (around June/July/August time likely).

Official Links

Production / Workflow playlist:
Website Page (Coming in the next few days): http://devj.uk/tioi

Last edited:

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
Interesting concept. It's great how many people are getting into development around here weather it may be web or game.
Good luck with this game and the best of luck for your studies when they come!