Solved The Dashboard Has Gone CRAZY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim0912

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Hello Freedom Community
I loged in today at my dashboard and everything is messed up! My name is Dimitris Giotopoulos but instead of my name someone named Jacob Fisher was in my place. My username has changed,my paypal email has changed and i had access on approving and denying people for the network. I loged out quickly so i didn't mess up things more. Something is seriously wrong here, does anyone had a similar problem or has trouble with his dashboard page? Help me please i'm so confused

Attachments

• Screenshot (92).png
    Screenshot (92).png
    236.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot (93).png
    Screenshot (93).png
    363.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot (94).png
    Screenshot (94).png
    208.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot (95).png
    Screenshot (95).png
    238.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot (96).png
    Screenshot (96).png
    288.9 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Piano Uncovered

Piano Uncovered

Well-Known User
Hello Freedom Community
I loged in today at my dashboard and everything is messed up! My name is Dimitris Giotopoulos but instead of my name someone named Jacob Fisher was in my place. My username has changed,my paypal email has changed and i had access on approving and denying people for the network. I loged out quickly so i didn't mess up things more. Something is seriously wrong here, does anyone had a similar problem or has trouble with his dashboard page? Help me please i'm so confused
Maybe a breach of security or a virus of some sort, try contacting Freedom! support at [email protected]

Reactions: jim0912
Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I just checked.

After being able to get around CloudFront through umm ways I was able to see the similar thing. Besides all texts being messed up (in the German version it forced me into) I was able to get access to editing some data of channels I've referred into the network. These channels seemed to have been set as my channels, Referrals were empty and I got more linked channels. The earnings module was not affected.

Reactions: jim0912
Upvote 0

jim0912

Respected User
Freedom! Member
I contacted the support team,now the page is down,let's hope that everything is alright[DOUBLEPOST=1488810025][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just checked.

After being able to get around CloudFront through umm ways I was able to see the similar thing. Besides all texts being messed up (in the German version it forced me into) I was able to get access to editing some data of channels I've referred into the network. These channels seemed to have been set as my channels, Referrals were empty and I got more linked channels. The earnings module was not affected.
Fortunately when i loged in with the community username the payments where fine,but i had limited access because it said that my channel wasn't linked.

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I contacted the support team,now the page is down,let's hope that everything is alright[DOUBLEPOST=1488810025][/DOUBLEPOST]
Fortunately when i loged in with the community username the payments where fine,but i had limited access because it said that my channel wasn't linked.
The page isn't necessarily down, just hard to reach. I make it every once in a while.

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I can;t get onto the dashboard at the moment either
I just saw you have a small Error Message below your posts. You can fix this in only three steps:
  • Go to your Personal Details
  • Paste this into the "YouTube Channel" box: UCRHZGz8g6b10rcvhcaq1M5A
  • Press Save Changes at the bottom of the page

Reactions: Scoby125
Upvote 0

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
There was some testing done on the dashboard and users were accidentally shown the sandbox version of the dashboard (not the real dashboard). Everything should still be ok and back up running soon :)

See http://pastebin.com/wh9x2dEB

"There seems to be a bit of buzz right now assuming that Freedom has been compromised from a security standpoint.

What was seen
To address this we'd like to start by explaining a piece of technology that we began building a few months ago. What this new software allows us to do is give potential business partners or service providers the ability to work in a sandbox environment within our dashboard. This sandbox would allow them to test software and services, see how their brands would be displayed, and gain an understanding of how our ecosystem works without touching live accounts. We also came to the realization that this shadow sandbox could be used to train new staff on our internal tools ect. and began rolling that out.

Where things went wrong:
What we did not count on was a permissions error where some users were accidentally given access to this sandbox for about 10 hours. During this time people came to us thinking that their accounts had been compromised and that their accounts were genuinely in danger. This is not the case though we do understand the confusion due to the messaging system being turned on for internal testing of the sandbox code. Essentially, people may have received an email from our system saying that something on their account was changed when in reality it was only changed via a separate sandbox environment.

What we're doing now:
We're currently answering many support tickets about this issue as well as issuing this statement. We are going through all records of ACTUAL changes to ensure, for our clients piece of mind, that nothing was changed in our production environment.

What's a "Sandbox"
A sandbox is a short way of saying that something is a lifelike testing environment used for testing, learning, and what happens there does not effect anything outside that environment. sort of like a testing grounds or something similar.

Thank you for your understanding and unexpected help testing this cool new piece of tech!"

Reactions: Piano Uncovered
Upvote 0

jim0912

Respected User
Freedom! Member
There was some testing done on the dashboard and users were accidentally shown the sandbox version of the dashboard (not the real dashboard). Everything should still be ok and back up running soon :)

See http://pastebin.com/wh9x2dEB

"There seems to be a bit of buzz right now assuming that Freedom has been compromised from a security standpoint.

What was seen
To address this we'd like to start by explaining a piece of technology that we began building a few months ago. What this new software allows us to do is give potential business partners or service providers the ability to work in a sandbox environment within our dashboard. This sandbox would allow them to test software and services, see how their brands would be displayed, and gain an understanding of how our ecosystem works without touching live accounts. We also came to the realization that this shadow sandbox could be used to train new staff on our internal tools ect. and began rolling that out.

Where things went wrong:
What we did not count on was a permissions error where some users were accidentally given access to this sandbox for about 10 hours. During this time people came to us thinking that their accounts had been compromised and that their accounts were genuinely in danger. This is not the case though we do understand the confusion due to the messaging system being turned on for internal testing of the sandbox code. Essentially, people may have received an email from our system saying that something on their account was changed when in reality it was only changed via a separate sandbox environment.

What we're doing now:
We're currently answering many support tickets about this issue as well as issuing this statement. We are going through all records of ACTUAL changes to ensure, for our clients piece of mind, that nothing was changed in our production environment.

What's a "Sandbox"
A sandbox is a short way of saying that something is a lifelike testing environment used for testing, learning, and what happens there does not effect anything outside that environment. sort of like a testing grounds or something similar.

Thank you for your understanding and unexpected help testing this cool new piece of tech!"

Thank you very much the support team contacted me back and everything is back to normal :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.