Talking in Videos

Arynix Gaming

Rising User
Nov 29, 2015
YouTube
Hey Freedom! I was just wondering if there are any tips you guys can provide for talking during videos. I do commentate in my videos now, but i get nervous and dont always know what to talk about.. Does anyone have any tips or tricks?

RogueMonkeyJr. Gaming

Rising User
Mar 2, 2016
Canada
YouTube
Try to do your commentary after your video and try to come out with a video series or a weekly guide for something from the video. You will have more time to think of what you want to say and you can start over/edit. Go check out my Bare Bones playlist over on my youtube channel you will see what I mean.

Cheers mates :)

P.S. you won't be as nervous this way

KrazyK Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2015
Southern California
YouTube
I find it difficult to commentate in videos which is why I kind of enjoy making montages and whatnot better.

However, when I do my Fallout 4 and Undertale recordings, I try to talk about things I want to do with my channel, my friends, and just my over-all thoughts on certain things about the game and thoughts on life and whatnot.

Sometimes if I can't spit out what Im trying to say, I speak in a silly voice and it usually comes out.

Arynix Gaming

Rising User
Nov 29, 2015
YouTube
Ahh okay thank you both, ill be sure to check out your series and ill be sure to try and record commentary after i have the video recorded! thanks for the tips

RogueMonkeyJr. Gaming

Rising User
Mar 2, 2016
Canada
YouTube
If I am recording gameplay with friends, I use DXtory because I can create 3 audio lines and adjust the volume of each one individually in editing. If I am recording gameplay for a video I plan on doing commentary after recording I use Elgato HD60 Pro and record commentary with Audacity.

KrazyK Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2015
Southern California
YouTube
what do you use to record your commentary and video?
I have a Blue Snowbal microphone.
To record both commentary and video, I use OBS. However, I do live coms while I play the game. I saw someone suggested earlier in the thread that you can always record your gameplay first, then add in your voice later, but if you're doing a Lets Play, that's a terrible idea in my opinion because then you don't get the same reactions as you did from being in the moment.