YouTube Sync Problem

@SoCoolCarter

Feb 19, 2017
YouTube
SoCoolCarter
http://tinypic.com/r/332qaoo/9 Yoo whats up freedom man... having recording issues... so when i record i have 3 different ways of commentary, (Audacity, Elgato Live commentary, and Logitech webcam mic) Now i dont use the elgato live commentary and logitech webcam mic i just use audacity, now when i use audacity after recording commentary, i go to (effect>Leveller>Heaviest) to make the commentary sound louder, then i export it so i can edit everything in sony vegas... now when i go to sony vegas i sync the elgato live commentary with the gameplay to make sure the live commentary is in sync with the gameplay... then add the facecam> with webcam commentary.... then add audacity commentary.... now i sync the facecam webcam and audacity commentary WITH the elgato live commentary since the live commentary is synced with the gameplay audio ... Now THE GOAL is to sync the AUDACITY COMMENTARY with the facecam AND GAMEPLAY So those 3 are synced together i dont need the webcam audio and elgato live commentary.. those are deleted.. BUT before i delete them i sync all 3 (elgato live commentary... facecam webcam commentary... audacity) together at the beginning but towards middle.. they get out of sync.. now plan was to delete WEBCAM C and ELGATO LIVE C commentary once i sync AUDACITY AND FACECAM AND GAMEPLAY together but it becomes out of sync during gameplay... any help on this issue i really been trying to use facecam but this is the main reason why i cant

IF YOU GUYS NOTICE THE DESYNC THE FIRST ONE IS THE WEBCAM WITH WEBCAM COMMENTARY THEN AUDACITY THEN ELGATO LIVECOMMENTARY

Last edited:

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Well I don't get massive audio desyncs, when I do its normally cause the gameplay I'm using is not quite at its framerate, like say 59.94 instead of 60 (It can happen with 30fps too). for me that is fixable with either handbraking the gameplay to a constant framerate or making the file a .dif (with QuickTime installed) and importing that. Its hard to tell from the screenshot provided if thats the case. It could also be that the audio has different rates which would cause a desync over time. Just make sure all the audio sources are the same in frequency, bitrate e.t.c​

@SoCoolCarter

Feb 19, 2017
YouTube
SoCoolCarter
Well I don't get massive audio desyncs, when I do its normally cause the gameplay I'm using is not quite at its framerate, like say 59.94 instead of 60 (It can happen with 30fps too). for me that is fixable with either handbraking the gameplay to a constant framerate or making the file a .dif (with QuickTime installed) and importing that. Its hard to tell from the screenshot provided if thats the case. It could also be that the audio has different rates which would cause a desync over time. Just make sure all the audio sources are the same in frequency, bitrate e.t.c​
I keep finding this handbreak method but idk what that is care to explain?[DOUBLEPOST=1499330195][/DOUBLEPOST]
DO you think this is my issue?
I start everything at different times which cause things to be unsync
Like I start my video recording first them like 2 seconds audacity then another 2 seconds elgato gameplay and commentary...
is there a way to start everything at once... could that be the reason?

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
I keep finding this handbreak method but idk what that is care to explain?

well using handbrake you encode the footage you are using to the framerate you were targeting, Selecting the high profile to start go under the video options and change the framerate to the framerate you were trying to record at and check the "contstant framerate" radio button. Make sure the audio is shown in the audio tab, you can use the arrow next to the add audio button to add existing audio, the just encode it. Honestly is a bit of a time consuming way around the problem. I recently found the .dif file rename (which sorts the framerate out for you). import that and edit it. then once exported just rename it back to a .mp4 or whatever you prefer to use.

as for you audio recording, I'd recommend clapping once all 3 channels are going (obviously it doesn't show up on the gameplay but you'll to make a in game queue like a loud mouse press). Then start it off. Then in post just edit the audio to be in sync with the clap / mouse and then cut them all at the same point to the start of the video. I doubt that's the reason though as audio tends to stay the same no matter the framerate.​

@SoCoolCarter

Feb 19, 2017
YouTube
SoCoolCarter
well using handbrake you encode the footage you are using to the framerate you were targeting, Selecting the high profile to start go under the video options and change the framerate to the framerate you were trying to record at and check the "contstant framerate" radio button. Make sure the audio is shown in the audio tab, you can use the arrow next to the add audio button to add existing audio, the just encode it. Honestly is a bit of a time consuming way around the problem. I recently found the .dif file rename (which sorts the framerate out for you). import that and edit it. then once exported just rename it back to a .mp4 or whatever you prefer to use.

as for you audio recording, I'd recommend clapping once all 3 channels are going (obviously it doesn't show up on the gameplay but you'll to make a in game queue like a loud mouse press). Then start it off. Then in post just edit the audio to be in sync with the clap / mouse and then cut them all at the same point to the start of the video. I doubt that's the reason though as audio tends to stay the same no matter the framerate.​
IS there a link to the handbreak tutorial? like to know more about it

@SoCoolCarter

Feb 19, 2017
YouTube
SoCoolCarter
This one seem to covert it well

So basically in the end i will i have 2 questions after this video.. One Do i sync everything up at the beginning..... webcam commentary... elgato live commentary.. and audactiy and gameplay audio.... and delete audio i dont need and just render the video to a mp4 and then go into handbreak then have them change it to a peak framerate to consent framerate and then boom everything is sync... Or i need to change from peak framerate to consent do that with every AUDIO file not video file

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
So basically in the end i will i have 2 questions after this video.. One Do i sync everything up at the beginning..... webcam commentary... elgato live commentary.. and audactiy and gameplay audio.... and delete audio i dont need and just render the video to a mp4 and then go into handbreak then have them change it to a peak framerate to consent framerate and then boom everything is sync... Or i need to change from peak framerate to consent do that with every AUDIO file not video file

This is something you do before you edit the video to fix audio problems, not after the video is made. you need to do it on the webcam e.t.c to ensure the video feed of the commentary is the same framerate as the gameplay e.t.c Then when editing the audio will be in sync.​

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
That still didn't do the trick because my elgato live commentary isn't accepted also it's a mp4 file and isn't accepted

try getting quicktime (free version will work, just google quikctime and download it, its apple software). The enable full file renaming if you haven't already (google is your friend). Then change the file type to a .dif and click off. It may show up as a xcel doc but that fine. Then important that into your video editor, it should show up with a FPS like 30.1 which is fine and should be in sync.​