Success wont come to you, you make it

SoundEffects

Freedom! Member
Jun 2, 2015
YouTube
*WARNING MILD LANGUAGE*

If you wan't a successful channel that you are happy with you have to work your ass off. I've learned this over 6 months of being on YouTube. When I first started my channel I figured I was going to get thousands of views but I wasn't and you wont, unless you work for it.(THIS IS NOT A PROMOTION TO SOME BOOK LIKE MR. LAMBORGHINI GUY, THIS IS SIMPLY MY STORY OF BEING A YOUTUBER AND MY ADVICE) I had to figure something out to get subs/views because that's what we want right? Well at first I had no idea what I was doing but I had a plan I just needed some supplies to craft my plan. I did digging for a while searching "how to get views on youtube" and not much really helped me. I have to this day learned that if you want something you have to earn it. You can't wish for it and you cannot have a easy way in YouTube. I don't consider myself a big YouTuber but I consider myself successful and that's all I can ask for right now.

Love what you do: In order to become happy as a YouTuber, you need to find something you love doing. I love helping people out, and I noticed how YouTubers use a lot of sound effects. I decided to make a sound effect channel and give people the sounds they need in order to make their videos better! It's something I love to do and I enjoy it. What I'm saying is, if you don't like what you're doing you're doing it wrong. If you love gaming but you're making a channel that is music or something you wont enjoy you're channel and you wont put as much effort into your videos. I know this because when I was a "YouTube Gamer" I put little effort into my videos. And got nowhere with my gaming channels.

Working your ass off: To become successful you need to put in work. You can't just put raw video on you're channel and hope that you get thousands of views. You need to edit it, cut it, whatever it. Make it look good. Put background music in it. Have a good time while making these videos. Post frequently, if you are someone like a vlogger you should post daily that's what most vloggers do. If you are a gamer that makes Funny Moments or similar to that post about every 2-3 days. If you are a gamer that does letsplays you don't need to do a LOAD of editing so post about ever day. And don't have most of you're videos 1 hour long. Start at 20 minutes long each episode then advance to 30 then 40 as you gain subs. You need consistency and cannot stop or you will lose people's interest in you.

Talk to people: Talk to other YouTubers and try to collab with them. Or collab with your friends. It gives your viewers and your friends viewers to go to you and your friends channel and potentially subbing and watching. Reach out to your viewers, they are the best tool to your success. Listen to them ask them what they want that is in the means of your channel. If you gain their friendship you will have someone else to play with and someone else to advertise your channel.

Owning it for yourself: YouTube is basically a giant monopoly and you have to be the king not the Squire, Knight, Guard, you need to be the KING of what you do. You want to have a plan that puts you on top of what everyone else does in the category of what you do on YouTube. Fight for what is your's, and don't quit.

It will pay off for you. And plus you will remember it for the rest of your life.

Just felt like making this to motivate people for 2k16 and there is to many people on freedom that think success will come to them. I thought it would to at first but I realized that I needed to get my **** together and "Work Harder" as Casey Neistat always says.

Regards,
SFXandGFX

Last edited:

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Alot of people start a YouTube channel with no real goal. The reason there are so many gaming channels falls under the idealism of "If he can do it so can I". This actually links back to many people having plans for quick fame, success, or cash. These people have no idea what they are doing, and think just uploading a video will make people flock to their channel, then when they think "Why aren't I getting views?" they get desperate and start using bots and forums to get their videos the few views they are so desperate to have.

I used to be a gaming YouTuber, ran straight through four channels and none of them saw real success, looking back now I realize my fatal flaw, and that is desperation. Once you hit up a third-party site or application for your views, you've already lost, you have already failed YouTube. Why? These views are not even coming directly from the platform that you want to be successful on. That's not YouTube, that's some forum, or some application.
It's a harsh truth for many of the people who use these forums solely to advertise.

The key to success and contentment with doing YouTube videos is to be happy with what you're doing, and to be happy with what you're doing is to know exactly what you are doing, and why you're doing it. Otherwise, you're never sure if you're doing what you want to be doing, and you won't be happy.

SoundEffects

Freedom! Member
Jun 2, 2015
YouTube
Alot of people start a YouTube channel with no real goal. The reason there are so many gaming channels falls under the idealism of "If he can do it so can I". This actually links back to many people having plans for quick fame, success, or cash. These people have no idea what they are doing, and think just uploading a video will make people flock to their channel, then when they think "Why aren't I getting views?" they get desperate and start using bots and forums to get their videos the few views they are so desperate to have.

I used to be a gaming YouTuber, ran straight through four channels and none of them saw real success, looking back now I realize my fatal flaw, and that is desperation. Once you hit up a third-party site or application for your views, you've already lost, you have already failed YouTube. Why? These views are not even coming directly from the platform that you want to be successful on. That's not YouTube, that's some forum, or some application.
It's a harsh truth for many of the people who use these forums solely to advertise.

The key to success and contentment with doing YouTube videos is to be happy with what you're doing, and to be happy with what you're doing is to know exactly what you are doing, and why you're doing it. Otherwise, you're never sure if you're doing what you want to be doing, and you won't be happy.

Real man. Real s%it right there. I had about 4 or somethin gaming channels to and they all sucked. I didn't realize I was doing it cause I wanted money. But with my newest and growing channel I currently have, I consider it one of my biggest accomplishments. I mean YouTube is so controversial and it's so hard to get people to enjoy you're content. That's why you gotta haul ass to do it. May I have the link to your channel? I'd like to check it out.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
May I have the link to your channel? I'd like to check it out.

Two issues with that:
1 - I don't like to share my link to people on forums like this, I prefer to have all traffic come directly from YouTube.

2 - The first audioplay isn't quite yet up. It needs alot of polishing and I'm not going to post something less than perfect.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I also made a little quote in my review of George Orwell's 1984, "Desperation is disastrous". I find it clicks really well with this post.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube

Who cares if the views are not coming directly from youtube, I don't see why that itself is an issue. You still gain subscribers regardless from those who decide to check you out.

I actually think it's a pretty silly notion to only want views coming in directly from youtube. It doesn't harm your channel in the least bit to be getting views from all over. In fact, I think getting views from multiple sources is a good thing.

I mean ... you really are going to have to explain the reason why you think that is the case, because it makes absolutely no sense to me. Even from a business perspective it makes no sense xD.

It is possible to share your videos in places but not be desperate for views, all you are doing is putting in places for others to find it.

It's also note worthy to mention, the more places your videos are linked, the larger the chances your video will appear higher in search results.

Edit: I think you are right about the desperation thing, but everything else .. it's all baseless claims that make absolutely no sense to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: CarbonMeister

YRNigma

Rising User
Dec 29, 2015
YouTube
I really like this post it kinda gives me more motivation to not bs with youtube but to put my full effort into

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I actually think it's a pretty silly notion to only want views coming in directly from youtube. It doesn't harm your channel in the least bit to be getting views from all over. In fact, I think getting views from multiple sources is a good thing.

Edit: I think you are right about the desperation thing, but everything else .. it's all baseless claims that make absolutely no sense to me.
It's about people who get views externally through their personal advertising and posting themselves around. If it is other people sharing the channel at their will, that is fine. But if it is the channel owner trying to advertise just to get that extra view or two, that's not good. It's about the owner getting his/her only views through mercilessly spamming their channel across the internet.

The channel owner should stick to working with YouTube and work on YouTube only, and let those who want to share the content elsewhere or give press to the content do so (see @Koala_Steamed with his Minecraft Redstone computer video).

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
It's about people who get views externally through their personal advertising and posting themselves around. If it is other people sharing the channel at their will, that is fine. But if it is the channel owner trying to advertise just to get that extra view or two, that's not good. It's about the owner getting his/her only views through mercilessly spamming their channel across the internet.

The channel owner should stick to working with YouTube and work on YouTube only, and let those who want to share the content elsewhere or give press to the content do so (see @Koala_Steamed with his Minecraft Redstone computer video).

Again, I feel like I am getting mixed advice from you. I agree you shouldn't just spam post your video everywhere. But I don't see anything wrong with posting your video in places people would like to see it.

Such as I post my minecraft videos on 2 minecraft forums, and yes I have gotten subs from it. Really all it does is give more ways people can find my videos, so exactly how is that an issue?

My Skyrim videos, and mod videos I post on Nexus mods ... and again ... I get views and subscribers from it. No fan posted it. I did.

Really, all your doing is pointing out something you have a problem with, but not explaining why you think it's actually a problem. Just because you post videos else where doesn't mean you can't also be successful on youtube. In fact, that will come naturally over time. the more popular your videos get, the higher they appear in search results.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Again, I feel like I am getting mixed advice from you. I agree you shouldn't just spam post your video everywhere. But I don't see anything wrong with posting your video in places people would like to see it.

Such as I post my minecraft videos on 2 minecraft forums, and yes I have gotten subs from it. Really all it does is give more ways people can find my videos, so exactly how is that an issue?

My Skyrim videos, and mod videos I post on Nexus mods ... and again ... I get views and subscribers from it. No fan posted it. I did.

Really, all your doing is pointing out something you have a problem with, but not explaining why you think it's actually a problem. Just because you post videos else where doesn't mean you can't also be successful on youtube. In fact, that will come naturally over time. the more popular your videos get, the higher they appear in search results.
It's a problem if that's where your only views come from. Your own posting on other websites.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
It's a problem if that's where your only views come from. Your own posting on other websites.

Why? I mean let's say practically all someones views come from different sources and not directly from youtube. How and why is that a problem? Granted, I think that it's pretty impossible to achieve that unless you are a small channel, because if you are getting a lot of view from elsewhere, there is a good chance you should be getting views from youtube too since that video will rank particularly high.

I just don't see why it matters where your audience comes from.

harron poulton

Freedom! Member
Nov 16, 2015
ProAZGaming
ive been on YouTube for 4 months, and ive gained 76 subs, i ask politely if someone on twitter to check out my channel via DM, and like i have done last night, i got a pinned post to say "thank you for following me, can you show your support subbing/browsing through my channel @....." i mean im not begging, since day i worked my ass off to make daily vids, and as soon as xmas time and my birthday (yesterday) came close i stopped doing daily vids, as i wanted my own time for them days, but im back on the daily vids from today :) but nothing comes to you, ive learned that the hard way either through youtube, college before i dropped off that was. But just stick to it, my goal for the first 4 months in 2016 is to have the following below :) enjoy gaming i do guys. if you ever wanna colab message me on my channel ( newest vid or anything)

craig patterson

Rising User
Jan 5, 2016
YouTube
Man , I loved this post and definitely needed it...along with all the other comments! I'm trying so hard and I'm trying to find other channels equal to mine and try to collaborate but still nothing.....I just got to keep on pushing...again thanks for this post guys!