AmblerA

Freedom! Member
May 3, 2015
YouTube
So recently I created a thread asking people if they would like a shout out on my channel. If they did, then they all they had to do was to click the subscribe button.

Now, I cant give anyone who subscribed a shout out (apart from the people who added me on Skype & Steam) because they have deleted my thread and given me a verbal warning, fair enough if those are the rule then that's that, but it just got me thinking...

...If we cant Subscribe for favors then it will be very hard to get our channels noticed. Another thing I thought of, was to do collaborations with other YouTubers, but what if that is a violation towards another one of their rules... Why is joining together ("as a family") in this way, forbidden? If we cant share our links out to show off our content, provide shout outs in our videos and do collaborations, then what is there left to do?

We all need to team up as one big group and make YouTube our b*tch! If we don't upload then YouTube get nothing, YouTube needs us to provide and we can share all of our content between each other for all of our viewers entertainment and to get ourselves further up the ranks!

If anyone agrees with me then please reply to this thread, the more people that agree, the more this idea will become reality.

AmblerA

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
Sub for a favour violates the rules because it attempts to game the Youtube Seo system.

I understand you are offering "exposure" for those who subbed to your channel but the reality is that you will be shouting them out to the other people who joined the thread to get a shout out. So the real benefit would only sit with you, growing your subs.

A collaboration is different as both channels benefit. Creating a video for each channel and cross promoting that way. Your viewers get a taste of the person you are promoting.

Freedom is a family but trying to game the system helps no one.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Generally we don't want this forum as a way for asking for subscribers. If you are giving a shoutout it should be because you like their channel and think it deserves more exposure. Gaining subs from things like this just end up with dead subscribers, which can be more harmful to a channel than improve it. You want people to subscriber because they have watched the video, enjoyed it and want to watch more. Not because they want something in return. Making people subscribe for a favor will end up with inactive subs that will not watch your content.

As well as being a Freedom policy, gaining subscribers through forced subscription can possibly get your channel terminated by YouTube. A while back a few channels were terminated because of this, although they were more extreme cases. Hope this clears up the reasons why we have these rules in place if you have any other questions let me know :)

DieFox

New User
May 7, 2016
Could not said it better myself Koala. I'm having that problem right now i think either i got lucky (unlucky) or someone sub botted my channel.