Stress from YouTube?

G

Gods of Odds

This is mainly for when you're starting a new series. Does anyone get really stressed about it and not have a clue what to do but at the same time really want to just get it done?

Reactions: Kingsteel

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
no thanks to my autism I can't feel stress and pressure. so I can keep working like it's nothing to me. and I can have a lot.

Nordic Chronicles

Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2014
U.S.A, Illinois.
The only time I get stressed out is when I'm working on a big series, like I am doing over this summer. It's stressful when people you kindly ask are unable to join, or don't want to be apart of it.
Still, very rarely do I get stressed on youtube, outside of working on something that takes alot of time, that and I'm with Ekloo as I have autism aswell.

Edit: It mostly occurs when RL drama happens when in the middle of a project.

Last edited:

Breezy123

Freedom! Member
Jul 3, 2016
England
YouTube
I don't really get stressed because I feel no pressure. Youtube is something I do for the fun of it and if i cant be bothered to make a video one day then i simply wont make one.

Reactions: Nordic Chronicles

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Good outlook in my opinion, and any gaming channel should take some advice from this philosophy :).
I don't see why people should get stressed over something like making a new series or such. What use is there is you are stressfull in what you do? If you don't enjoy or have fun in making your content then i don't see reason to continue.

Reactions: Nordic Chronicles

Nordic Chronicles

Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2014
U.S.A, Illinois.
Agreed. On my end most of the time it is when family drama occurs while in the process of a project, otherwise Youtube isn't at all stressful, heck if anything more fun the stressful :p.

G

Gods of Odds

I definitely find it fun as I'll be doing a series on my favourite subject but i more mean stress from learning so many different things to make it perfect. As I'm having to learn to use Photoshop quite well, video editor very well, learn where i can get picture (just google images for now), learn if it would be in fair use or not and probably more that i can't be bothered to think off right now.

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
This is mainly for when you're starting a new series. Does anyone get really stressed about it and not have a clue what to do but at the same time really want to just get it done?

Youtube is exactly the opsite it doesn't stress me out but destresses me because it makes me think about my vids and stuff and not about reallife struggles.

G

Gods of Odds

Youtube is exactly the opsite it doesn't stress me out but destresses me because it makes me think about my vids and stuff and not about reallife struggles.
The reason I'm doing YouTube sort of connects with my current real life problems and is the reason i started YouTube to try to make them better so that doesn't work for me.

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
The reason I'm doing YouTube sort of connects with my current real life problems and is the reason i started YouTube to try to make them better so that doesn't work for me.

maybe you should just put less pressure on yourself to obtain your goals and still work at them but without expecting anything form it. it really help me in life to expect to fail so when I do not fail it feel a lot better and don't get stressed out when I do because it wasn't a suprise. It's not the best advice but sometimes it just helps. LOL I had a few job interviews and I was soooo on edge that I confinced myself I didn't even want the job lol it made me allot more relaxed and confident :p and got trough to the next round.><

Jae Evans

Rising User
Jul 13, 2016
YouTube
When I start a new series I really enjoy it. I'm so happy when other people enjoy it as well because then that makes me very happy.

Kii

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 15, 2016
YouTube
I only get stressed if I have to make a video with other youtubers because I always feel like I will screw something up.

TheGaminCentral

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
YouTube
I don't know if I would call this stress but I was thinking a lot about what should I do to make my channel better like nothing new that I was doing was working and I was lost and frustrated at myself

MikeatMidnight

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 16, 2016
California
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I had butterflies the day I started my own channel (I had already been creating content for my girlfriend's channel for about a month an a half). The most stressful part is just making sure the hardware is in order and working together properly. But I always get excited right before I post a new video. But for a new series, for me, is just finding a game that clicks. It's tough sometimes, but worth it once you find one you can play well and riff on at the same time with no problems.

Mighty Turtle

Freedom! Member
Jul 17, 2016
YouTube
I wouldn't call iot stress, but I definitely over worked myself trying to get my channel trailer and intro done.. it took me about 3 days and I was having to go to work at the same time. But every time I started on it, I thought, NOPE, it's not right, and I started again. I like what I have now though. I am so wrecked though, as I have just finished the Intro today..