streaming help

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
So I'm looking for some help with my streams...

I stream at 720p when I stream fallout 4... but when i go back and look at the video it looks horrible compared to a recorded video. Looks more like 360p.

Is this normal and if I want it better I gotta get better Internet for 1080p? Is it caused by xsplit? Are my settings wrong still?

I'm pretty sure I already increased my bitrate... but I'd love to hear what numbers work for you guys...

If you want to see what quality I get with 720p just watch one of my fallout streams... looks like crap...

ReesFitz92

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Nov 25, 2015
UK
YouTube
8MB Download, 4MBps Upload

though sometimes when I test its only 5mb down, and 3mb upload...
so it kinda varies

Do you stream all the time. That could contribute to it. When I had sky I used to stream I only had 2/3 up and quality of mine messed up bad

Reactions: Hail Kira

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I changed my bitrate again... to 2500kbps and ran a short test the resulting video was a bit better less pixilated...

I'm surprised I need such a high bitrate for 720p 30 fps... I'm at the upper limits for Internet speed at my house I think...

Theoretically I could go higher but my Internet would not be as stable at higher speeds...

Is there any benefit in trying different codecs? Or is the default one probably good?[DOUBLEPOST=1452790484][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do you stream all the time. That could contribute to it. When I had sky I used to stream I only had 2/3 up and quality of mine messed up bad
No I only stream a little... an hour or two once or twice a week when my kids are at school/preschool[DOUBLEPOST=1452790529][/DOUBLEPOST]
Did you follow Youtubes 720p guide?Like how you need to change your settings and stuff?
No I didn't even know youtube had guidelines... I will look at that