YouTube Stop George promoting Sub for sub plz

should George stop with the elvenar video's?

• yes

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • no

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
So when George came back I was really happy things where happening again but just as I was about to be at ease with freedom again he starts talking about Elvenar.

Now promoting a game where partners can play together and that that game might help you grow isn't the thing im getting annoyed about. He now has made 4 video's about this one game which is just way too many and in 3 of these video's he goes to the chat and shows partners exchanging their channels, this is called sub for subbing and I just cant sit idly anymore while he is promoting this nonsense.

I know I could have written this in the comments but I have already tried it and it got completely ignore but we cant let this stand this will give partners and future partners the wrong idea how to the whole youtube deal. So plz if the forum staff can do anything plz ask him to stop doing this.

thanks
Riganthor

Prology

Legendary User
Freedom! Member
Jun 14, 2015
YouTube
Yes it is not good at all :( sub for sub is bad , Hopefully he will notice or he gets told :)

George

CEO
Administrator
Dec 4, 2013
Dubai
h.ki
YouTube
georgevanous
Hi guys, I think we have a misunderstanding!

Sub-for-sub is bad, and I always discourage it in favor of playlist-for-playlist.

Please see and skip ahead to 3:05 or click the "i" in this video:

Notice how the playlist-for-playlist video pops up?

Regarding Elvenar, when I started the video series, I did not expect such a strong interest in playing the game with me in the MGN guild.

Originally, I just wanted one guild of active players, but I had to create 7 MGN guilds spread across 3 Elvenar servers because the #FreedomFamily wanted it!

In these guilds, I encourage players to help each other grow, but I can't prevent them from visiting each other's channels and subscribing to each other.

I am not promoting sub-for-sub, but I do see it happening here and there in the MGN guilds. But most of the time, that is not the subject of the chats, it is legitimate help.

Hope this helps clear up the misunderstanding!

Last edited:

OwnOrKo

Freedom! Member
Jan 10, 2016
UK
YouTube
OwnOrKo

Regarding Elvenar, when I started the video series, I did not expect such a strong interest in playing the game with me in the MGN guild.

Originally, I just wanted one guild of active players, but I had to create 7 MGN guilds spread across 3 Elvenar servers because the #FreedomFamily wanted it!

In these guilds, I encourage players to help each other grow, but I can't prevent them from visiting each other's channels and subscribing to each other.

I am not promoting sub-for-sub, but I do see it happening here and there in the MGN guilds. But most of the time, that is not the subject of the chats, it is legitimate help.

In all honesty I still don't see the problem you're most annoyed about, George here is creating videos based on what he enjoys and other people that follow and view his content, so if that means most of his fans enjoy a bit of battlefield, Elvenar or any other game then that would be featured on more.

As for people sub-for-sub'ing, this is out of Georges control, you can only really moderate when and where possible but the people involved are at fault... and not george. Playlist for Playlist is a different scenario as you're not asking for subscribers baldly.

Prology

Legendary User
Freedom! Member
Jun 14, 2015
YouTube

Sub-for-sub is bad, and I always discourage it in favor of playlist-for-playlist.

Ah ok , it just seemed to look that way , I'm guessing because of so much interest there isn't a lot you can do about this , To have 7 guilds across elvenar is a lot, Thanks for clearing this up :)

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
@George - The true focus should be to stop people from doing these malicious forms of suspected "growth". There are YouTubers who have come and gone because they were disheartened by the 3 views they got on their 100 subscriber special. That is the kind of help we need to give.

We need to give to the masses what not to do. We can tell them what to do to encourage growth, we need to teach them how to dodge intentional unintentional failure like sub4sub or other mechanisms that are actually ailments to growth and I don't just mean 'the opposite of good tags' or 'the opposite of a good title/thumb/desc', no. I mean the truly malicious things. Things like Favor4Favor, Spam, and falsified view/subscriber counts, the things that will make them quit making videos quickly, rather than over time.

Reactions: TwilightPrinze

THENigeliam

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
Well, I was part of the MGN Guild, and to be honest, it is really not in George's control for the other accounts to be doing sub 4 sub. There was this member also who asked me if I needed a sub, I forgot my response but I said that I don't do sub 4 sub. There are others still who might be doing this, and probably are unaware of the wrong thing they are doing.
Currently, none of it is happening, at least not in the MGN Guild, hopefully not in the other MGN Guilds as well.

Like @Nolan Westmore has said, we DO need to inform the partners about what and what not to do in order really grow as a channel, and not to make mistakes like sub 4 sub. I was planning to make a video about my opinions on sub 4 sub, and hopefully our partners will have their eyes opened about it.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Well, I was part of the MGN Guild, and to be honest, it is really not in George's control for the other accounts to be doing sub 4 sub. There was this member also who asked me if I needed a sub, I forgot my response but I said that I don't do sub 4 sub. There are others still who might be doing this, and probably are unaware of the wrong thing they are doing.
Currently, none of it is happening, at least not in the MGN Guild, hopefully not in the other MGN Guilds as well.

Like @Nolan Westmore has said, we DO need to inform the partners about what and what not to do in order really grow as a channel, and not to make mistakes like sub 4 sub. I was planning to make a video about my opinions on sub 4 sub, and hopefully our partners will have their eyes opened about it.
The only problem would be getting it out to the partners. You'd have to have your video front and center on Freedom! central to get it to basically anyone since advertising here is ineffective.

Reactions: THENigeliam

THENigeliam

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
The only problem would be getting it out to the partners. You'd have to have your video front and center on Freedom! central to get it to basically anyone since advertising here is ineffective.

That is the problem actually. Even lots of us posts videos here that are about the do's and dont's for YouTube growth, only a few people notices it.

The_Falcon

Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2014
Netherlands
YouTube
LuFalcony
Glad other people saw that video the same way as i, didnt get any message back when i called it out.

In the beginning Freedom! promoted organic growth and condemned sub for sub. and now? the forums have a new way of sub for sub 2 called channel reviews...[DOUBLEPOST=1452621977][/DOUBLEPOST]

In this video you said join the game and join the guild and we will all subscribe to you. that way you will get more views. thats the definition of sub for sub.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
In this video you said join the game and join the guild and we will all subscribe to you. that way you will get more views. thats the definition of sub for sub.

It is the definition of the idea of Sub4Sub, but not what actually happens.
People who do this practice religiously have the mindset that it does come with views attached to it, that (and evidence goes to prove this) not the case.

The_Falcon

Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2014
Netherlands
YouTube
LuFalcony
It is the definition of the idea of Sub4Sub, but not what actually happens.
People who do this practice religiously have the mindset that it does come with views attached to it, that (and evidence goes to prove this) not the case.

Sub for sub always guarantee death subscribers (subbed but never watch) doesnt matter in what form its presented

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Exactly. When you subscribe to someone hoping they'd subscribe back, do you really think they would watch you? You subscribed to them, would you watch them?

Last edited:
Reactions: The_Falcon

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
there ain't no easy way, problem is that most people don't want to work for it....
If someone thinks there is a simple "straight-to-success" method on YouTube, they are mistaking themselves.

It's like trying to have a simple answer to a complex problem.[DOUBLEPOST=1452641326][/DOUBLEPOST]The answer might be 42, but what matters is how you got to 42, it's difficult, and requires still & knowledge.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
If someone thinks there is a simple "straight-to-success" method on YouTube, they are mistaking themselves.

It's like trying to have a simple answer to a complex problem.[DOUBLEPOST=1452641326][/DOUBLEPOST]The answer might be 42, but what matters is how you got to 42, it's difficult, and requires still & knowledge.
Indeed, still a shame how many think that s4s is a way to become succesfull while it only leads to destructiom of a channel. But that is a harsh lesson they will learn after the damage has already been done....

The_Falcon

Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2014
Netherlands
YouTube
LuFalcony
Exactly. When you subscribe to someone hoping they'd subscribe back, do you really think they would watch you? You subscribed to them, would you watch them?
Only if im intrested, have worked togheter with tons of people but barely subscribed because there content isnt what i would watch....[DOUBLEPOST=1452648684][/DOUBLEPOST]Im happy there are still at least 5 people here who think any sort of sub for sub is bad.