YouTube Starting to really hate YouTube.

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
Hear about the new YPP policy? I'm guessing that means I won't be earning any money for 2018.

Okay, actually, it seems I might have passed the threshold for the amount of hours, despite my 680 subscribers. I had to use some math and came up to 8753.9 hours from Jan. 1, 2017 to now. I find it somewhat hard to believe that I could have gotten twice as much as required. But still, having to wait for 1000 subs is ridiculous. Why, YouTube? Why do you suck?

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
Yeah, I kinda thought YouTube was supposed to be for EVERYONE, not just people who will earn more money. Remember when monetization applied to any channel of any size? Good times.
I remember the time when any kind of content could make it to the trending tab, I remember the time when small channels would actually be noticed because the search algorithm would give them a chance, I remeber many things but lately these storries have stopped

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
I remember the time when any kind of content could make it to the trending tab, I remember the time when small channels would actually be noticed because the search algorithm would give them a chance, I remeber many things but lately these storries have stopped
And I was looking forward to getting 10,000 views on my second channel. But now, I have to get almost 1000 more subs, and the view count and whatnot. But seeing as I keep procrastinating on that channel anyway, YouTube's decision has now made me even less motivated to work on it.