Star Wars The Force Awakens

MMLY

Respected User
Nov 20, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
My dad complained that it was basically a re-skin, if you will, of the original 3 movies and stuck too close to the original formula, but I won't have a bad word said about it. The prequels didn't stick with the formula, and we all know how that went. Fantastic movie in my opinion.
I actually like the prequels except episode 2 was my least favorite.

Christina Kersten

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Warning, spoilers ahead!!!!
Ok so everyone who's watched it said it was a great movie but I really didn't like it all that much. First of all, Rey has never before used the force before and all of a sudden she's able to control that storm trooper after absolutely no training whatsoever?? Second, again, Rey has had absolutely no experience with the force or being a jedi and she's able to beat Kylo Ren?? And while we're talking about Kylo Ren, he's literally a teenager that's just throwing a big temper tantrum and he's supposed to be the main villain of the movie! And seriously, how did Han Solo not see Kylo Ren stabbing him? Did you really think he would give in that easily? Sure he's your son and as his father, you believe that there's still good in him but come on! We all saw that coming! And Finn! He was adopted and trained to be a storm trooper all his life and all of a sudden he just develops a conscience after seeing a fellow storm trooper die. Obviously that's not his first time in battle, he must have seen thousands of his fellow soldiers die so why now does he suddenly decide it's wrong to go around killing people? Plus did anyone else notice that this movie was basically just an exact copy of the other movies? They literally just created another Death Star and it gets blown up.
I know a lot of you guys probably disagree with me, but as someone who owns the original 6 movies, I just thought this movie was a huge disappointment. I mean honestly, just think about everything I just said! Nothing makes sense! The whole movie is just wrong!

Last edited by a moderator:

MMLY

Respected User
Nov 20, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Warning, spoilers ahead!!!!
Ok so everyone who's watched it said it was a great movie but I really didn't like it all that much. First of all, Rey has never before used the force before and all of a sudden she's able to control that storm trooper after absolutely no training whatsoever?? Second, again, Rey has had absolutely no experience with the force or being a jedi and she's able to beat Kylo Ren?? And while we're talking about Kylo Ren, he's literally a teenager that's just throwing a big temper tantrum and he's supposed to be the main villain of the movie! And seriously, how did Han Solo not see Kylo Ren stabbing him? Did you really think he would give in that easily? Sure he's your son and as his father, you believe that there's still good in him but come on! We all saw that coming! And Finn! He was adopted and trained to be a storm trooper all his life and all of a sudden he just develops a conscience after seeing a fellow storm trooper die. Obviously that's not his first time in battle, he must have seen thousands of his fellow soldiers die so why now does he suddenly decide it's wrong to go around killing people? Plus did anyone else notice that this movie was basically just an exact copy of the other movies? They literally just created another Death Star and it gets blown up.
I know a lot of you guys probably disagree with me, but as someone who owns the original 6 movies, I just thought this movie was a huge disappointment. I mean honestly, just think about everything I just said! Nothing makes sense! The whole movie is just wrong!
I feel you i still enjoyed the movie but some of the stuff you mentioned did bother me 2 also didnt like how the plot was
very similar to episode 4 lol Im pretty sure Rey is the daughter of Luke thats why she was so quick with the force and it was dumb how strong she became when she went up against Kylo i was like bruh all that training to get your ass beat by some girl who has just barley learned to use the force XD.
I still liked it though excited for episode 8 and rouge one.

Last edited by a moderator:

majkxter x

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2016
YouTube
I know that Han Solo wanted this in episode 6 too, but I guess now it is important for the story. :(