Star Wars Battlefront

MMLY

Respected User
Nov 20, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Look just fyi I actually enjoy playing star wars battlefront the game is pretty dope but i was still disappointed in it i just felt like that game needed more. Plus i hate the fact that the season pass is almost $60 and the fact that they don't have clone wars on there. Idgaf what u say about the prequel trilogy but i grew up watching that and that is my **** right there lol. What are your thoughts on the game?

Reactions: David Prydain

Blazerunner70

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 31, 2015
Canada
YouTube
The game has alot of missing content for a battlefront game. I might be muttering the same thing as other people, but I think what hurt the most, was how...there felt like there was barely any effort made besides the beautiful as hell graphics. We got maybe HALF of the original battlefront in HD. No Clone wars, no space battles, balance issues, terrible single player capabilities and more.

...but damn does it LOOK good.

ReesFitz92

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Nov 25, 2015
UK
YouTube
EA for you. I enjoy playing it but I get bored easily after about an hour lol but there is a lot missing from it.

MMLY

Respected User
Nov 20, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
The game has alot of missing content for a battlefront game. I might be muttering the same thing as other people, but I think what hurt the most, was how...there felt like there was barely any effort made besides the beautiful as hell graphics. We got maybe HALF of the original battlefront in HD. No Clone wars, no space battles, balance issues, terrible single player capabilities and more.

...but damn does it LOOK good.
Exactly bruh! The graphics are dope but like everyone is saying its missing a lot clone wars, space battles, it also needs a campaign even if it was short still tho.[DOUBLEPOST=1449779559][/DOUBLEPOST]
EA for you. I enjoy playing it but I get bored easily after about an hour lol but there is a lot missing from it.
Lol exactly when i went to go pick up my game at gamestop they asked if i wanted the season pass and i asked how much? and they told me $59.95 and i was like hell no! lol i know its there job but it gets annoying when they ask me if i wanna pay extra for something that i dont even want. I hardly ever go to gs but its like "nah ***** i dont want the special or deluxe edition just give me my ******* game." XD[DOUBLEPOST=1449779695][/DOUBLEPOST]
You mean you were disappointed with one of EA's games? You must be the first person ever!
The game merely exists to generate buzz around the new movie.. Its a marketing ploy. A pretty one but still. And very much over priced!
Lol i know bro

SacredEdge

Freedom! Member
Sep 21, 2015
Japan
YouTube
Yeah, i heard bad things of it.. And the worst of it, EA is trying to give moneyjust for positive reviews.

Also,
Does the previous battlefront game's online mode still on? (and available to steam?)

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I really was disappointed in the game, as loads of you have said the graphics are amazing, but to me it feels that they made no other attempt to appeal to the wider users - especially as they promised a single player campaign and then didn't deliver.

Jman12390 TV

Rising User
Dec 7, 2015
Jersey
Twitch.tv
YouTube
Yeah, typical EA. I was extremely hyped for this game as well. The beta was fun to play but it just didn't have enough content to make it legit. Plus they never added the amazing features from the last battlefront.

MentalGnat

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 26, 2015
England, UK
YouTube
MentalGnat
Yea I find it funny that the old Battlefont games had more features that the new ones. What made Battlefont so fun was that you could control the AT-AT's on the hoth map also have like 100+ v 100+ battle on the map as well.

To me it just feels like a Battlefield game with a Star Wars skin.

I just hope the film won't be dispointing.

MMLY

Respected User
Nov 20, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
It is an incomplete game... they did it so they can add more and more DLC to get more money.
I know dude thats why a lot of people are pissed off, i know thats what games do but at least cod puts the effort to add campaign even if its short along with really dope maps before they release new ones.[DOUBLEPOST=1450038130][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yea I find it funny that the old Battlefont games had more features that the new ones. What made Battlefont so fun was that you could control the AT-AT's on the hoth map also have like 100+ v 100+ battle on the map as well.

To me it just feels like a Battlefield game with a Star Wars skin.

I just hope the film won't be dispointing.
Yea basically i still have fun playing it just felt like they cared more about the graphics than the actual game itself, I think the movie will be dope though.[DOUBLEPOST=1450038247][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, typical EA. I was extremely hyped for this game as well. The beta was fun to play but it just didn't have enough content to make it legit. Plus they never added the amazing features from the last battlefront.
Like i said before they could of just got the old battlefronts and remaster that **** would of been dope or even if they just did a copy paste along with the new stuff that would of been cool too but its stupid as **** like i get dlc is to make more money but way to stick the middle finger at people lol.[DOUBLEPOST=1450038332][/DOUBLEPOST]
I really was disappointed in the game, as loads of you have said the graphics are amazing, but to me it feels that they made no other attempt to appeal to the wider users - especially as they promised a single player campaign and then didn't deliver.
I was more upset knowing there was no clone wars and the maps are cool but theres hardly any and they get boring real quick so yea i feel you, i still like the game but it was a bit of disappointment. If they do come out with a clone wars dlc ill be sure to buy that **** other than that **** the season pass.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
It just seems to be the way that games are going these days, release a half finished game, and then smother the gamers in dlc's and try and hard sell a season pass. Gone are the days of buying a newly released title and having everything on the disc ready for you.

Bryan

Tech YouTuber!
Freedom! Member
I heard a lot about this game. I played the beta when it was open and I really enjoyed it. But the multiplayer was pretty broken, matchmaking and team balancing was really bad. My friend and I were once playing a 2 versus 8. I expected this to be all fixed by the game was released, and it looks like it wasn't. Yet again, EA released an incomplete game. I'm glad I didn't order it because it looks like a rip off. It was still really fun in my opinion though, hopefully EA wakes up.

ReesFitz92

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Nov 25, 2015
UK
YouTube
I heard a lot about this game. I played the beta when it was open and I really enjoyed it. But the multiplayer was pretty broken, matchmaking and team balancing was really bad. My friend and I were once playing a 2 versus 8. I expected this to be all fixed by the game was released, and it looks like it wasn't. Yet again, EA released an incomplete game. I'm glad I didn't order it because it looks like a rip off. It was still really fun in my opinion though, hopefully EA wakes up.

Normal for EA. I can only play for an hour before I turn it off

Reactions: Bryan

lightningforce

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 26, 2015
YouTube
lightningforce9
I'm in agreement here, I love Star Wars and the first two battlefront games were a lesson in how to make a multiplayer shoot em up game. Now the new battlefront looks and sounds amazing, but it is the lack of content and perhaps even effort? in the game thats ruined it for a lot of fans. I enjoy it but like it's been said above, only for an hour then I go play something else.

Stretch AdventureKS

That Skeleton!
Freedom! Member
Sep 4, 2014
YouTube
Never played a Battlefront game, will never play this one, and I am sure the ones before had a lot more content, think we can all agree on that. Some say that this is the way games are done nowadays, however the thing that I would like to address is that YOU have the power to stop this. Heard rumors about it being an annual series, next year another Battlefront. If YOU want things to change, don't pre-order, don't buy until you are sure the next game did well. If you buy, hate it and tell that to others it doesn't matter anymore, you bought the game already, some game companies only care that you payed and they don't follow the feedback. The fact that you bought the game is what makes them say ''we did our job''.
There is a video made by a good movie reviewer that talked about how he will not buy Battlefront, his name is Jeremy Jahns. If you want more detail about this topic, go watch his video.

Look at Witcher 3, the company knew how to handle extra-content well from what I heard and Witcher 3 HAD a lot of content in the first place, and it won 3 awards this year. A lot of companies should take example, but hey, it's 2015 and people still do this sort of stuff, surely there have been many examples and situations such as this. However, because some of us fought for this, we got a game like Witcher 3.