YouTube Speaking clearly over recorded gameplay

The fed56

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Hey all, my poor channel has been left in a bit of a state after I abandoned it for a few months. Fortunately, I am in a positive mood, so I have decided to compensate by creating lots of content, on a consistent basis. I have therefore pledged to get a video out every-other day at least (I don't work so I have the time). What I wanted to do is ask you guys for any advice on speaking. This must be such a weird question, but I'm struggling to get my voice clearly sounding over the games I record. And it's not the mic's fault, its a Blue Yeti. Just wondered if anyone has any helpful suggestions. Thanks! My voice sounds like I'm mumbling all the time. I do tend to speak like that, but not to this extent (at least thats what I thought).

Reactions: HealPleaseHeal

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
I understand what you mean. I did that when I first started, but over time you learn to speak a bit more clearly. I would recommend doing some vocal exercises before you start a recording session. This way to loosen up your throat. I would slow your talking and make sure you focus on what you're saying. It can be hard when you're focus is on the gameplay but give it a try.
That honestly the only tip I can give. Just loosen up before recording and focus on the words you're saying.