Space Engineers, Planets update.

MentalGnat

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 26, 2015
England, UK
YouTube
MentalGnat
Hello everyone, who here play's Space Engineers well if you do then you know that recnetly planets have been added to the game and I want to know what is your opinions of planets and if you think that the game should of added planets.

I myself am kinda spilt between the two.

My first opinions of planets was that I didn't think it was a good idea, as the whole point of the game was to survive in space. (And also build really cool ships). But now planets are out I do think it is cool to try and build a ship and hope that you can land on a planet without blowing your ship up and etc. This is why I spilt between the two.

So what do you guys think?

MentalGnat

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 26, 2015
England, UK
YouTube
MentalGnat
I get on average 80 to 100 fps, but that's without placing any blocks or having any base or ships on the planets. As soon as you put an average size ship involve that's when I get around 60fps.

Wait you got a 980 and only get 60? Is that without building or after buidling something? I only got a 960.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I get on average 80 to 100 fps, but that's without placing any blocks or having any base or ships on the planets. As soon as you put an average size ship involve that's when I get around 60fps.

Wait you got a 980 and only get 60? Is that without building or after buidling something? I only got a 960.
Are you putting absolutely everything to the absolute maximum? That includes grass density and antialiasing.

MentalGnat

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 26, 2015
England, UK
YouTube
MentalGnat
Yep, everything, the thing is what I have noticed with space engineers is that it doesn't matter what specs you have it will work/ perform the way it wants no matter if you have a high end PC or a mid range. My friend who has similar specs to you in fact better specs only seems to get 50fps. But a other firend of mine has more or less the same specs as him get's like 200FPS. Plus also I been told that SE is not well optimized for Intel CPU's at the minute as well.