YouTube Sorry Youtube, Your Rules Ain't Stopping Me!

WatchPUBG

New User
Jan 18, 2018
YouTube
I am just starting up and was sad to hear this news even know it doesn't apply quite yet to me as my channel is so small. With that said, I guess those who give up will make room for us who keep on pushing forward.

Reactions: HealPleaseHeal

SWEPRA

New User
Jan 18, 2018
YouTube
So Youtube has decided to implement a brand new rule to content developers to be able to monetize content.

4000 hours of watch-time and 1000 subs.

I don't meet this requirement at all and they've provided a 30 day notice so channel can try and meet that requirement within that time line, which I know I cannot. Now I'm not saying that Youtube is making a bad call here, because their not. As a company who's main funding is based off advertisers, I can understand why they've decided to heighten the standard for making money off their platform and to filter out those channels that don't meet their ad friendly rule.

I've heard a lot of people complaining about this, and even saying that their channel is now dead and they won't do it anymore. In my opinion, those people were in it for the wrong reasons. Even though I was making peanuts when it came to content, my main influence is my viewers and finding out that the content I provide helped put a smile on their faces. I will continue to bring forth content for all of you, because not only do I believe that HPH can become something bigger and better, but I know that one day we as a community
will spread healing, laughter and enjoyment around the world, and that's my goal.

Youtube, bring on the sanctions, the rules, the new regulations. Cause you ain't gonna stop that healing my friends. OHHH HELL NO!!!
nice[DOUBLEPOST=1516291683][/DOUBLEPOST]
So Youtube has decided to implement a brand new rule to content developers to be able to monetize content.

4000 hours of watch-time and 1000 subs.

I don't meet this requirement at all and they've provided a 30 day notice so channel can try and meet that requirement within that time line, which I know I cannot. Now I'm not saying that Youtube is making a bad call here, because their not. As a company who's main funding is based off advertisers, I can understand why they've decided to heighten the standard for making money off their platform and to filter out those channels that don't meet their ad friendly rule.

I've heard a lot of people complaining about this, and even saying that their channel is now dead and they won't do it anymore. In my opinion, those people were in it for the wrong reasons. Even though I was making peanuts when it came to content, my main influence is my viewers and finding out that the content I provide helped put a smile on their faces. I will continue to bring forth content for all of you, because not only do I believe that HPH can become something bigger and better, but I know that one day we as a community
will spread healing, laughter and enjoyment around the world, and that's my goal.

Youtube, bring on the sanctions, the rules, the new regulations. Cause you ain't gonna stop that healing my friends. OHHH HELL NO!!!
[DOUBLEPOST=1516291704][/DOUBLEPOST]ok

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
I am just starting up and was sad to hear this news even know it doesn't apply quite yet to me as my channel is so small. With that said, I guess those who give up will make room for us who keep on pushing forward.
Exactly. I've said it before the channels which are just in it for money are doing Youtube for the wrong reasons. This new rule will filter some of those channels out which helps in an over saturated market. Developing your brand is key.

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
Dedication is what builds something
That's not how things work on my channel unfortunately. Nothing helps it.
utilize this as motivation
I don't really care about or like motivation. It's just one of those things never was nor will be an issue to me.
There's work around's to getting music and thumbnails without having to be apart of a network
That's not why I want to join. I make my own thumbnails anyway and I get music from lot's of different sources already.
It's more work, but doable.
Like I said it's not really.

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
That's not how things work on my channel unfortunately. Nothing helps it.

I don't really care about or like motivation. It's just one of those things never was nor will be an issue to me.

That's not why I want to join. I make my own thumbnails anyway and I get music from lot's of different sources already.

Like I said it's not really.

Then what is it you want from Youtube then? Your overall goals? And how do you plan to get there?

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
I mean, they can't really give me anything. All they can really do is just show my videos.

I guess just to finally grow.

I have no idea seeing how everything I've been doing in the past 4 years has ended with me having just 210 subscribers.

I'm assuming you're sharing your content. Getting it out there on Google, Facebook, Reddit, Freedom Forums, and so on. Have you considered actually taking part in channel reviews that MGN do? That way you get some criticism on your channel and what you can do to improve it. Unfortunately growing your channel is on the developer. But reviewing your videos, and your about page there seems to be an inconsistency. You say you upload Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday! But looking at your upload schedule, it doesn't seem that you do and take breaks throughout the months.
Trailers help a lot, see about developing one so people understand what their getting when they come on your channel. Instead of watching a 12 minute video.
Also, SHOW YOUR FACE! Personality is what sets the channels apart. It helps people put a face to your channel. I know I can tell you that once i started showing my face, I had more people actually enjoy it because they got to see the person behind the voice. And that too, try and be more reactive in your voice. Having a consistent tone doesn't portray that you're excited to be doing the videos. Also, I know you do card openings, but about strategy plays when playing the Pokemon card game. I think people seeing a strategy to the game would be a draw.

Don't take this as a bashing cause I'm not trying to make it sound like that. It's merely just tips to help you grow. I've utilized these tips and it's helped. I hope this helped you in a way.

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
I'm assuming you're sharing your content. Getting it out there on Google, Facebook, Reddit, Freedom Forums, and so on.
Yes I do and a lot, however like everything else, it doesn't help for some reason.
Have you considered actually taking part in channel reviews that MGN do?
What's MGN?
Trailers help a lot, see about developing one so people understand what their getting when they come on your channel.
I've been wanting to make one for a long while, however I have no idea what style to make it in.
I think people seeing a strategy to the game would be a draw.
I do do those videos as well, but they get way less views than openings. In general, for some reason videos with competition usually do better than videos with less competition.