Fissshie

New User
Hello, guys. My name is Liam and people call me Fish. You may have seen me around before, you may have not. It's probably you have not however as I have not potentially made a name for myself.

I am 17 years old and I am from the UK, and I am oblivious as hell. It's like I'm a goldfish of some sort. The idea behind my username came behind one of my most favourite gifs, the one where a fish is surprised when he is told he is a fish. (You're a fish, John...) I love that little guy.

-

Personally, I have been fixated on being a YouTuber due to self-benefit of some IT experience and to gain friends. You see, I had always been discouraged from my own personal enjoyment and I was a loner, so being involved in the cliche YouTube experience was very difficult to me in a social way. Thankfully, I had no problems making friends. It's just building up the courage to talk with people.

Starting this year, around now or around November time I will be starting YouTube for definite. I had been saving for a web camera as I have OCD in terms of quality, and I am discouraged when I hear my own voice (who isn't?) or when I lack professional quality. At the very start, I just wanted amazing quality like my favourite YouTubers does. In addition, it didn't exactly help when my OBS Studio software was acting up on me...

Anyway, I've invested myself in professional/standard equipment, a decent computer, the blue Yeti I have to encourage myself in terms of audio and the web camera to always encourage myself to be more personal with my audience. And if that doesn't work out, I'll be trying again in late November when it is my birthday, as of which I'll be getting my savings and investing in a much better computer and a much better mini-studio for even greater quality than I do now.

If I do anything wrong that I may not be aware of (due to being oblivious or not experienced with a social life), please let me know and I'll probably try my best... If I don't forget like I'm a goldfish.

If you guys have any questions about me, please - go ahead and ask! Knowing that people are interested in my opinions on different subjects is a great way to talk and also a place to start making friends.

Thanks for taking the time to read my introduction,
with regards,
Liam

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Hello Liam & welcome to the Freedom forums. I know the feeling when it comes to talking to people, I have a mental condition called social anxiety which pretty much makes talking to people a challenge in its-self. I'm able to handle it pretty well though only have 3 bad moments in the last 4 years. Yea I hate the sound of my own voice and how fast I speak compared to my perspective makes it worse, I have to speak really slowing in the recording and focus on it so people can 100% understand me. Though I'am using a cheap headset mic so its bad anyways :).

"If I do anything wrong that I may not be aware of (due to being oblivious or not experienced with a social life)" know the feeling man...

I did take a quick look at your channel and the art is excellent :), I'll be sure to watch over your channel now and then. Your introduction here was great! If you need any help don't hesitate to ask here, in chat or in the support section. I hope to see you around.​

Reactions: Fissshie

Alex Ecker

Respected User
Mar 15, 2017
Wadena, Minnesota
YouTube
imReactss
Hello, guys. My name is Liam and people call me Fish. You may have seen me around before, you may have not. It's probably you have not however as I have not potentially made a name for myself.

I am 17 years old and I am from the UK, and I am oblivious as hell. It's like I'm a goldfish of some sort. The idea behind my username came behind one of my most favourite gifs, the one where a fish is surprised when he is told he is a fish. (You're a fish, John...) I love that little guy.

-

Personally, I have been fixated on being a YouTuber due to self-benefit of some IT experience and to gain friends. You see, I had always been discouraged from my own personal enjoyment and I was a loner, so being involved in the cliche YouTube experience was very difficult to me in a social way. Thankfully, I had no problems making friends. It's just building up the courage to talk with people.

Starting this year, around now or around November time I will be starting YouTube for definite. I had been saving for a web camera as I have OCD in terms of quality, and I am discouraged when I hear my own voice (who isn't?) or when I lack professional quality. At the very start, I just wanted amazing quality like my favourite YouTubers does. In addition, it didn't exactly help when my OBS Studio software was acting up on me...

Anyway, I've invested myself in professional/standard equipment, a decent computer, the blue Yeti I have to encourage myself in terms of audio and the web camera to always encourage myself to be more personal with my audience. And if that doesn't work out, I'll be trying again in late November when it is my birthday, as of which I'll be getting my savings and investing in a much better computer and a much better mini-studio for even greater quality than I do now.

If I do anything wrong that I may not be aware of (due to being oblivious or not experienced with a social life), please let me know and I'll probably try my best... If I don't forget like I'm a goldfish.

If you guys have any questions about me, please - go ahead and ask! Knowing that people are interested in my opinions on different subjects is a great way to talk and also a place to start making friends.

Thanks for taking the time to read my introduction,
with regards,
Liam
Welcome to the freedom forums! Hope you enjoy it here :)

EmperorFun

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 28, 2017
YouTube
Kaiser_Spass
Welcome to the Forum
Yeah I know the thing with the voice but I somehow like it more when I speak than when I speak in my native language (german)

Fissshie

New User
Hello Liam & welcome to the Freedom forums. I know the feeling when it comes to talking to people, I have a mental condition called social anxiety which pretty much makes talking to people a challenge in its-self. I'm able to handle it pretty well though only have 3 bad moments in the last 4 years. Yea I hate the sound of my own voice and how fast I speak compared to my perspective makes it worse, I have to speak really slowing in the recording and focus on it so people can 100% understand me. Though I'am using a cheap headset mic so its bad anyways :).

"If I do anything wrong that I may not be aware of (due to being oblivious or not experienced with a social life)" know the feeling man...

I did take a quick look at your channel and the art is excellent :), I'll be sure to watch over your channel now and then. Your introduction here was great! If you need any help don't hesitate to ask here, in chat or in the support section. I hope to see you around.​
Thanks a lot, man. The feels on everything right now, just glad I'm not the only one with the same type of problems haha. Thanks, I had designed the art but didn't actually design the idea of it. The idea was from a friend who also did YT, but he hasn't been online for about a year now.. Plus, this art has a personal attachment to me (not much personality, however.)

Welcome to the freedom forums! Hope you enjoy it here :)
welcome to freedom
Thanks a lot both :)

Welcome to the Forum
Yeah I know the thing with the voice but I somehow like it more when I speak than when I speak in my native language (german)
I know how you mean :) haha, native language is English but my accent is terrible, haha.

Reactions: Alex Ecker