Solved Someone Stole Stuff From My Channel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrykerGames

New User
Nov 16, 2015
Someone has stolen my channel name, my former channel art, and took my channel icon, but added a cheap filter, and some words to it.

Is there any way YouTube will remove the channel, or at least forcibly warn them not to steal my stuff?

Here is my Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC-zCND7b7cZPTG44S0LlFg

Here is the the Copier's:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOD_ojOYJgb0CYPQBWAydFg

----
That channel art isn't what I'm using now, but I used to have it, I even had it custom made!
They also probably got auto-generated likes, and subscribers, they have 22 subs, and about 10+ likes on each video!

Reporting them to get YouTube to notice it faster even works.

Help, please!

Bee

Chief Creative Director of Optimize Group Ltd
Freedom! Member
Apr 20, 2014
California
optimizegroupltd.com
YouTube
Someone has stolen my channel name, my former channel art, and took my channel icon, but added a cheap filter, and some words to it.

Is there any way YouTube will remove the channel, or at least forcibly warn them not to steal my stuff?

Here is my Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC-zCND7b7cZPTG44S0LlFg

Here is the the Copier's:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOD_ojOYJgb0CYPQBWAydFg

----
That channel art isn't what I'm using now, but I used to have it, I even had it custom made!
They also probably got auto-generated likes, and subscribers, they have 22 subs, and about 10+ likes on each video!

Reporting them to get YouTube to notice it faster even works.

Help, please!

The copyright owner of that art has the right to have it removed. If he did not sign a contract transferring copyright to you then you'll need to ask him to take action for you.

Upvote 0

StrykerGames

New User
Nov 16, 2015
We didn't sign anything, and the person wasn't like a professional designer, they were doing free channel art on Minecraftforum.net, and made one for me...

Upvote 0

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
put a watermark with your youtube channel address. this will put a stop to that. only way around that is that user will have to put a ugly block on top of your watermark.
Watermarks are actually pretty easy to remove with photoshop. I've done it several times with stock footage. The watermarks that cover the whole image though are another beast to tackle.

Upvote 0

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
put a watermark with your youtube channel address. this will put a stop to that. onlyaway around that is that user will have to put a ugly block on top of
Watermarks are actually pretty easy to remove with photoshop. I've done it several times with stock footage. The watermarks that cover the whole image though are another beast to tackle.
true. but most user will not have that skill to do so.

Reactions: Possum n' Pawesome
Upvote 0

Bee

Freedom! Member
Apr 20, 2014
California
optimizegroupltd.com
YouTube
put a watermark with your youtube channel address. this will put a stop to that. onlyaway around that is that user will have to put a ugly block on top of

true. but most user will not have that skill to do so.

Its not a hard skill to learn.. every one of my students learns how to remove things from images..

Upvote 0

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
so you tilling me you can remove a video mark like this and restore the video behind it without anyone knowing? like i say before. img inside a video is greatest protect you got. other way is hidden data within video it self that till you how old it is. Bee. i like to see you try remove that tiger from this photo without leaving any mark at all showing it was edit...
2015-11-19_11-51-29.png

Upvote 0

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
so you tilling me you can remove a video mark like this and restore the video behind it without anyone knowing? like i say before. img inside a video is greatest protect you got. other way is hidden data within video it self that till you how old it is. Bee. i like to see you try remove that tiger from this photo without leaving any mark at all showing it was edit...
View attachment 12230
No, removing from a video is harder this is true, though depending on where it is on the video you can also just zoom/pan crop it.

Upvote 0

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
if they zoom the video. it will show as a stolen copy. real video will show it all. if i seen a real video and someone did a zoom copy of a video. i go till owner so owner can do something about it! it not hard to put video side to side and see one of them have been zoom in. plus editing someone video like that can fall under TOS. giving the owner of that video to flag it and have that video pull off! sidenote: if there any part like music within the video. 1 who made that song can very well pull both video off the air. you be out of your mind thinking zoom a video is a good idea...

Upvote 0

Bee

Freedom! Member
Apr 20, 2014
California
optimizegroupltd.com
YouTube
View attachment 12230

I don't have time to sit here and work with that video overlay bit..

If I had a full frame and knew more about the scene in a full i'd be able to just digitally paint the scene.. yes to do this to a whole video would be hard but not impossible.. just very time consuming and pointless.. Someone with the skill to do this is better off using their time for more productive and money earning activities.

Reactions: Phil Kidd
Upvote 0

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
i can see it been edit. look like it being use as a brush. btw, key word is just to remove tiger :p lol! but you good at making look fake if it was not for the brush look. now i like you see try edit every clip of the video about 6min. at 30fps x 6min. that is about 10,800 img you need to edit. you tilling me your going edit all that out of a video. let me get 1 of my video and put you to real test! :)
note: give it time to upload best of luck and this been fun!

Upvote 0

Bee

Freedom! Member
Apr 20, 2014
California
optimizegroupltd.com
YouTube
i can see it been edit. look like it being use as a brush. btw, key word is just to remove tiger :p lol! but you good at making look fake if it was not for the brush look. now i like you see try edit every clip of the video about 6min. at 30fps x 6min. that is about 10,800 img you need to edit. you tilling me your going edit all that out of a video. let me get 1 of my video and put you to real test! :)
note: give it time to upload best of luck and this been fun!

As I said.. I just don't have the time to go through and do that... I'm a busy man with lots of work on my hands.. however for the spirit of fun and experimentation just to show you how much damage someone can do to a still frame of video I decided to take a go at it... This took me roughly 4 minutes to do and had I felt like sitting here for an hour I could have done a much better job.

While this is not impossible to do its incredibly time consuming and pointless as I said before... If some guy sitting in his mother's basement wanted to waste 6 years of his life he could do the whole video easily because you make it easy.

No matter what object you place behind your logo if the person doing this knows how it looks they can identically replicate it easily because of how blurry the camera is. A detailed camera would take much more time. Even if they couldn't replicate it they could easily make any adjustment needed to every frame and make it look completely normal. A good thing to do would actually be to move your camera during the video because not doing so it gives me an opportunity to see what every pixel looks like without the object there and using basic lighting knowledge i can nearly construct what it would look like.

It actually took me more time to write this post up for you than it did for me to make the edits I made.

Yes I know I could do a better job on the bag but I just don't have the time for it.

For the edit I removed your cat, the logo added by youtube on your sleeve and your logo added by you on top of the bag.

Remember everyone stealing is bad.. so don't go taking peoples videos >:eek:

Upvote 0

Bee

Freedom! Member
Apr 20, 2014
California
optimizegroupltd.com
YouTube
you didnt do all video. my point is, you know how hard and painful doing all it. btw, pic is funny tho :) name me 1 user who going sit there all day just remove all the clip img...

At my work pace it would take me a total of 30 days to completely reconstruct that video (If I did not sleep at all).. I believe I could cut that in half by simply using some masking techniques on some of the frames. I just don't have time for it unless you feel like paying me 12 thousand dollars to sit there and edit every frame LOL. My point being it can be done.. not saying someone would be willing to go through it but you know as well as me there are some weird folks out there.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.