So what is for you important in games?

Kemtari

New User
Freedom! Member
Nov 17, 2014
YouTube
Kemtari
Hey there,
i would like to get to know whats for you all about games. Like graphics, story and stuff like that.

For my part, the most important part is the story. I want to get in the game, feel with the actors, feel every decision you make and how everything plays out.
For me it's the nr.1 criteria on a game. But for those games without story, which are just open sandbox games i want a goog gameplay and replay value so it can make up for the missing story.

I'm looking forward to read you're opinions and criterias.

With Kind Regards

Kairos Gaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 14, 2016
YouTube
the best part of games is character development and building of an effective world because no matter how simple the gameplay could become, it allows for the player to feel close to the character and develop an attachment to the characters and the events of the game!
it allows for the most fulfilment out of games.

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
True man :) I believe in the same too...Story is the most important criteria for me. Without a good story there is no good game. If there no story to a particular game, and as you say, sandbox, I prefer gameplay...and for me atleast, I can feel closer to a character due to the story so...:)

Reactions: Kairos Gaming

Kemtari

New User
Freedom! Member
Nov 17, 2014
YouTube
Kemtari
the best part of games is character development and building of an effective world because no matter how simple the gameplay could become, it allows for the player to feel close to the character and develop an attachment to the characters and the events of the game!
it allows for the most fulfilment out of games.
Well yeah thats true. Thats one of the things i liked on the Fire Emblem Series. But most time i combine the character development with the story, it's great if this combines well and it makes it like "alive" if the character develops together with the story.

True man :) I believe in the same too...Story is the most important criteria for me. Without a good story there is no good game. If there no story to a particular game, and as you say, sandbox, I prefer gameplay...and for me atleast, I can feel closer to a character due to the story so...:)
I love it when you get sucked in by the story... but there is just one downside, imo it's to easy to lost track of the time and especially if you work in shift thats most times bad :rolleyes:

KushalGamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 29, 2016
YouTube
I also like game that I lose myself in and become a kid! And I try to find game that I like and my audience would enjoy if i have a game that's fun to me I do it in free time! Hope that helped! And I also don't post videos that have been edited and rendered if I myself would not like it if i cam eto my channel new! Something like that lol!

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
Well yeah thats true. Thats one of the things i liked on the Fire Emblem Series. But most time i combine the character development with the story, it's great if this combines well and it makes it like "alive" if the character develops together with the story.

I love it when you get sucked in by the story... but there is just one downside, imo it's to easy to lost track of the time and especially if you work in shift thats most times bad :rolleyes:
Have you tried 'Life Is Strange'? That has a dope story, like seriously...

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
I also like game that I lose myself in and become a kid! And I try to find game that I like and my audience would enjoy if i have a game that's fun to me I do it in free time! Hope that helped! And I also don't post videos that have been edited and rendered if I myself would not like it if i cam eto my channel new! Something like that lol!
Ah, that's interesting! I'll look into your channel :)

Kairos Gaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 14, 2016
YouTube
yeah a game I hope that isnt rubbish when it comes out is watchdogs 2 and rainbow six wildlands they are both sandbox games with real purpose and a realistic story line!

Reactions: AFKPlays

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
The most important part for me in a game is the Story, you can have a great gameplay system with it but if the story is not catching the player then there is not much value to continue the game.

For example i love the Final Fantasy series, it has a great and emotional story, the world design is beautifull and the gameplay is good but could be tweaked at times :)

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
The most important part for me in a game is the Story, you can have a great gameplay system with it but if the story is not catching the player then there is not much value to continue the game.

For example i love the Final Fantasy series, it has a great and emotional story, the world design is beautifull and the gameplay is good but could be tweaked at times :)
I totally agree bro! I tend to forget games with bad story and great gameplay, though I remember ones with great story even though they may have a bad gamplay!

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I totally agree bro! I tend to forget games with bad story and great gameplay, though I remember ones with great story even though they may have a bad gamplay!
Agreed on that, i prefer the story over the gameplay. If the story is amazing but lacks in gameplay then i don't mind it but if the Story is bad but the gameplay is great is more difficult to oversee. Story is in my eyes the most important in a game :D

Kemtari

New User
Freedom! Member
Nov 17, 2014
YouTube
Kemtari
Same for me... There is one Remake for a realy old game but i dont remember which game it was because the remake was that bad xD
Agreed on that, i prefer the story over the gameplay. If the story is amazing but lacks in gameplay then i don't mind it but if the Story is bad but the gameplay is great is more difficult to oversee. Story is in my eyes the most important in a game :D
For me it's pretty easy... Story = Good and Gameply = Mediocre/Bad... there is just one solution for me... get the F****** used to it for the story and a bit for Kane because Kane lives (befor C&C 4) :D

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Same for me... There is one Remake for a realy old game but i dont remember which game it was because the remake was that bad xD

For me it's pretty easy... Story = Good and Gameply = Mediocre/Bad... there is just one solution for me... get the F****** used to it for the story and a bit for Kane because Kane lives (befor C&C 4) :D
Haha that indeed XD