So... Now what?

JoyofGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 18, 2015
YouTube
So I've introduced myself, decided what I'm going to do for my channel content for the foreseeable future but beyond that, I'm not really sure what to do in regards to the network itself? I have no money to buy graphics, I have music already, I'm on my own with editing and figuring out what kind of visuals I want for my intro (I've got the audio but...), but I'm not really sure where to go from here? I'm not very good at being social and doing forum stuff, hell, I barely use my twitter and tumblr. I mean yah social media is great for spreading the news but I'm not sure how. I tweet when I upload and stream but it never brings views. And yes I tag.

Basically, is there like a coach program or something to help me succeed in this endeavor cause I have no idea what I'm doing.

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
If there was a "coach" program then everyone would be youtube stars xD

I'd suggest you just interact with people, reply to some threads and find people that you can have a chat with, things start getting better from there on :)

Reactions: Brent Cone

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
So I've introduced myself, decided what I'm going to do for my channel content for the foreseeable future but beyond that, I'm not really sure what to do in regards to the network itself? I have no money to buy graphics, I have music already, I'm on my own with editing and figuring out what kind of visuals I want for my intro (I've got the audio but...), but I'm not really sure where to go from here? I'm not very good at being social and doing forum stuff, hell, I barely use my twitter and tumblr. I mean yah social media is great for spreading the news but I'm not sure how. I tweet when I upload and stream but it never brings views. And yes I tag.

Basically, is there like a coach program or something to help me succeed in this endeavor cause I have no idea what I'm doing.
There are also lots of great youtube tutorials out there on specific tasks, you just have to know what you're looking to learn. My advice is to ask specific questions, not "how do I succeed at YouTube" but more like "What makes a good thumbnail?" or "How do I reach my target (x) demographic?"

JoyofGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 18, 2015
YouTube
Ps. If you're not the social type, just try to read yourself into Youtube on this forum. I've learned so much by just reading allot of people ask the same questions ;)!
It's weird, I'm social with people I know and need that, y'know, help to get in with other people, and when I'm in front of an audience, but forums for some reason don't work for me, but I'd like to be more involved but I don't want to be? I'm weird.

Riddikore

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Feb 21, 2015
YouTube
I have no money to buy graphics, I have music already, I'm on my own with editing and figuring out what kind of visuals I want for my intro (I've got the audio but...), but I'm not really sure where to go from here? I'm not very good at being social and doing forum stuff, hell, I barely use my twitter and tumblr. I mean yah social media is great for spreading the news but I'm not sure how. I tweet when I upload and stream but it never brings views. And yes I tag.
My advice would be to remember those things are merely accents to your channel. The best graphics and huge social following won't matter if people don't want to watch you. Yeah eventually you'll want that extra avenue for people to follow you outside of YT. But I'd say spend lots of time interacting on forums and discover your target audience. That should help you narrow down which crowds you want to attract and you can start having conversations within those groups on social media without flat out channel promotion. Everyone has a channel to promote. Stand out by having real conversations and go from there (y) (Y)