YouTube So I May Need To Change My Ways... A Bit

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
So for the past few months, I've been reading about Youtubers who had a ton of their videos de-monetized due to unfriendly advertising content.

Now being one of those tubers who swears often I was surprised I wasn't marked as one of those channels... until I hit 200 subs.

Now, I got lucky. I had a few videos de-monetized which came back to green this morning. But I still have a few in which I can't make money with. But this got me thinking, and I feel I need to really change my ways when it comes to content. Be a bit more family friendly or at least swear a bit less often.

Have you had this happen to you at all? Will you change your ways?

HPH_Potion_2.png

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I did have some videos demonetised / no suitable for all advertisers. What's strange is I believe that all the videos adhere to the advertiser guidelines, even some of my review videos got flagged. Seems like they can still get things wrong, the joys of having an automated flagging system

Reactions: HealPleaseHeal

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
I did have some videos demonetised / no suitable for all advertisers. What's strange is I believe that all the videos adhere to the advertiser guidelines, even some of my review videos got flagged. Seems like they can still get things wrong, the joys of having an automated flagging system
Very true. At first i had a ton of videos flagged, but this morning many of them transitioned back. So it's ok, i guess. LOL

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Very true. At first i had a ton of videos flagged, but this morning many of them transitioned back. So it's ok, i guess. LOL
Well that good news then, maybe its one of those things that they can be transitioned back depending on other factors. Would be nice of them to provide more of an overview of it though

ThatBlondeKid

Rising User
Sep 15, 2017
YouTube
So for the past few months, I've been reading about Youtubers who had a ton of their videos de-monetized due to unfriendly advertising content.

Now being one of those tubers who swears often I was surprised I wasn't marked as one of those channels... until I hit 200 subs.

Now, I got lucky. I had a few videos de-monetized which came back to green this morning. But I still have a few in which I can't make money with. But this got me thinking, and I feel I need to really change my ways when it comes to content. Be a bit more family friendly or at least swear a bit less often.

Have you had this happen to you at all? Will you change your ways?

View attachment 19418
I am not good enough to monetize, I only have 200 views :)