SMP is dying out, need advice to keep members active??

bynop89

Freedom! Member
Feb 14, 2015
California, USA
YouTube
Hey Freedom,

The SMP that I love to play on is dying and I don't really know what to do about it. I co-own the server with someone and even he hasn't played lately. Right now, me and only 1 other person seem to play. All the other members never play and the skype chat is a graveyard. I want to add more players, but I want them to be good YouTubers too, not just a random picked off the internet streets. Also, it is a little late to add new players because the SMP is a few weeks deep (which isn't even that lonng??!?) and a new player would be way behind. How can I get the SMP revitalized and active? I've also though about jumping ship on this SMP and joining a more active one but I feel like that defeats the point. Any help would be appreciated!

ArgonMedia

Mar 20, 2015
argonmedia.tk
YouTube
Right to start add 5 new players that will play and record on a frequent basis, say everyone has to record once a week on the server, then you can get rid of anyone that doesn't play frequently. Change things up as best you can without ruining it. Possibly make events every few weeks, make it harder to achieve higher goals so people feel compelled to win and give them something to work towards, maybe start building something huge and get everyone to work together?

bynop89

Freedom! Member
Feb 14, 2015
California, USA
YouTube
Right to start add 5 new players that will play and record on a frequent basis, say everyone has to record once a week on the server, then you can get rid of anyone that doesn't play frequently. Change things up as best you can without ruining it. Possibly make events every few weeks, make it harder to achieve higher goals so people feel compelled to win and give them something to work towards, maybe start building something huge and get everyone to work together?

Thank you for your suggestion, I appreciate the insight and will look into what you have said, I would like to add some more community events. thanks again

DraycosDragon

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Actually... if you would like, I could get some of my buddies to join and we could record on the server. Some of my buddies even live stream. So that'll kinda be a bonus. You would get both YouTube viewers AND stream viewers watching this way. But with the holidays being so close, I don't think anyone would be wanting to record too much right now. At least not until January. I hope this would be alright.

bynop89

Freedom! Member
Feb 14, 2015
California, USA
YouTube
Actually... if you would like, I could get some of my buddies to join and we could record on the server. Some of my buddies even live stream. So that'll kinda be a bonus. You would get both YouTube viewers AND stream viewers watching this way. But with the holidays being so close, I don't think anyone would be wanting to record too much right now. At least not until January. I hope this would be alright.

Yeah, I would definitely be interested in adding a few more people. However, I should let you know that the server isn't exactly fresh but it still has a lot of area open at spawn and work to be done. If you want, you can add me on skype at bynop89 and we can chat some more. Thanks!