Should you use foreign language keywords in your tags?

Tiny Tunes

Rising User
Aug 28, 2016
Ipswich, UK
YouTube
I was just wondering whether it was worth using different language versions of my keywords in my tags? For example I have an alphabet song video and I know quite a few of my viewers are watching it to help learn English and it is not their first language. If they are searching for the words "alphabet song" in whatever language that might be, would YouTube automatically be looking for other language strains of that title or would have multiple language tags help it's chances of being found?

Tiny Tunes

Rising User
Aug 28, 2016
Ipswich, UK
YouTube
I have heard using multiple languages of tags can help, long as you have enough room for all the tags you want :) For your situation I think it would be even more important for the reasons you stated.
Thanks. I just didn't know whether YouTube does that sort of thing automatically or not? Like you say putting in lots of language versions will use up space, although I can target certain areas of course. Just didn't want to waste time with it, if YouTube was effectively already taking language into account.

Giedre

Respected User
May 25, 2016
Denmark
YouTube
I think it would be really helpful actually, I kind of do the same.. Because sometimes I do covers and stuff in danish ( not my first language) but I would still put english tags as well :) it's good!!

Reactions: LifelessDane

Tiny Tunes

Rising User
Aug 28, 2016
Ipswich, UK
YouTube
I think it would be really helpful actually, I kind of do the same.. Because sometimes I do covers and stuff in danish ( not my first language) but I would still put english tags as well :) it's good!!
Ok thanks Giedre, sounds as though it is a good idea, I'll give it a try, can't hurt!
Really nice voice by the way!

LifelessDane

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 19, 2014
Arcadia Bay
phyograph.wixsite.com

Haha well it is a good idea when making covers and videos in generel to put tags of diffrent languages. I put tags on Danish (my native language) english my (second language) and then spanish (just for fun)